Questions about installing an outside shower - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #1

Name: Ransom
Trailer: plan on buying lil snoozy
Massachusetts
Questions about installing an outside shower

Is there an advantage to having an outside shower installed on the drivers side vs the rear?

In the case of the Lil Snoozy, how high is the shower when installed on the side - where is it mounted? What is the approximate length of the shower head/hose? Is the total height at least 6 1/2 or 7 feet? Does it feed from both the hot and cold connections?
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:46 PM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Lil Snoozy is very amendable to what the buyer wants. They will install whatever you want within reason. Call the factory and they can help you.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #3

Name: Don
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
My Lil Snoozy has the shower on the back below the A/C unit just below counter level. The hot and cold water are tapped off the sink supply. The hose is about 4' long and you can hold it over your head. I like the location because you can stand on the step, wash your feet and step inside the trailer.

Don
Don W3NDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:25 PM   #4

Name: Ransom
Trailer: plan on buying lil snoozy
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W3NDT View Post
My Lil Snoozy has the shower on the back below the A/C unit just below counter level. The hot and cold water are tapped off the sink supply. The hose is about 4' long and you can hold it over your head. I like the location because you can stand on the step, wash your feet and step inside the trailer.

Don
It seems like you would bump your head on the air conditioner. I am 6' 2 1/2" and am thinking that with just around 4 feet of hose and the need to step away from the air conditioner, I wouldn't be able to get the shower head at least 6 to 8 inches above my head...?

Perhaps the shower unit could be installed a bit higher (closer to bottom of air conditioner) maybe not for loss of structural strength...

Or, a longer shower hose?

But I see how having the shower close to the trailer entrance keeps you from getting your feet dirty after the shower.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote