Replace old toilet or go portable toilet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2006, 08:06 AM   #1

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
I was taking the original toilet out of Eggmeon (1980 Trillium 4500) to get the rubber flapper back as it had fallen into the toilet when I first tried it after the winter hibernation. Anyway not know exactly what was under the thing the toilet broke where is attached to the outflow. Now I'm pretty sure I can't get a replacement for this ( Sanitation Equipment Potpourri 757) so my questions are, has anyone simply decided to go to portable toilet? If so should I just cap off the vent pipe above the roof and remove the vent pipe inside the tralier?? Any suggestions for porta-potti's?? tks, Paddy
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:54 AM   #2

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Since you already have the holding tank, vents, etc. all intact, I would replace the toilet.

Rather than replace with an RV style, I would use a yacht type. They look almost the same, but have a mascerator pump. The expensive ones use an electric pump, the less expensive ones have a handle on the left side. Pulling up on the handle pumps water into the bowl and pushing down pumps water and effluent out.

The advantage is the solids are mascerated (made into a slurry) before going into the holding tank, and are pumped. This allows a holding tank to be somewhat above the toilet. So you could possibly go to a larger holding tank, if desired. Also the slurry is much easier to chemically treat and dump.

Much info on this is found by Googling 'boondocking' and getting on the Phred Phrannie poop sheet site. Good info on a lot of boondocking subjects. I highly recomment this site.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #3

Actually there is no holding tank, the waste went directly from the bottom of the toilet to the waste hole in the bottom of the Trillium. so the bottom of the toilet, which just looks like an early porta-potti, was the holding tank. I would pretty much need a toilet with the same hole location to fit. This was on the bottom left of the potti when sitting upon it.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Much info on this is found by Googling 'boondocking' and getting on the Phred Phrannie poop sheet site. Good info on a lot of boondocking subjects. I highly recomment this site.
Hmmm. We used to have a link to Phred's site in our Resources section, but it seems to have dropped out. I'll see if we can get it back. (You're quite right, Loren, it's a very useful and informative site!)
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Hmmm. We used to have a link to Phred's site in our Resources section, but it seems to have dropped out. I'll see if we can get it back. (You're quite right, Loren, it's a very useful and informative site!)
Yep, I was able to google it thanks. Paddy
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
maybe Doug or Kathy Roach will chime in they have a 5500 with out tank and plunbing.
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:51 PM   #7

http://www.phrannie.org/phredex.html

Here it is
Old 04-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #8

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
My 5500 has a regular toilet/black tank under the trailer.
Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote