Scamp city water tube - how to remove? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #1

Name: Melanie
Trailer: 1978 Acorn Scamp Camper
Colorado
Scamp city water tube - how to remove?

I need to remove and clean the city water tube in my 1980 Scamp. Does anyone know how to loosen the side that attaches to the external hose outlet? Do you unscrew the black part? Does the silver part unscrew? All the other tube connections have been really easy to get off.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5375.jpg  
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I say, cut the that silver collar then use a razorknife to cut the hose and get a new piece of nylon reinforced Tygon tubing at your local hardware store.
Install it using an ordinary hose clamp.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #3

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I say, cut the that silver collar then use a razorknife to cut the hose and get a new piece of nylon reinforced Tygon tubing at your local hardware store.
Install it using an ordinary hose clamp.
Agreed. That’s the way I would tackle it!
Old 01-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #4

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Second second, I would not bother cleaning the hose, I would also replace it. (hose clamps come in all sizes...)
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
I agree that replacing a few feet of hose is a no-brainer.. but what I dont know is what that hex shaped thing is... you called it a "external hose outlet" but is that the old style fill port or a city water connection? So I dont know if its a threaded connection or something else. In the worst case you can replace the "external hose outlet" also, but without knowing more (or seeing more photos), I would cut the hose and carefully use a dremel to cut the ring off without cutting any deeper than the ring (it appears to be a crimp ring). Once you do that you might be able to see if its a threaded connection, barbed, etc and go from there. Chances are a new hose and hose clamp will work fine but if its on the pressurized side lets talk more.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:43 AM   #6

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Blowing up the picture shows two hex fittings, one on the city water hookup, and one on the hose side, use two wrenches ( the correct size is preferred to an adjustable) and loosen the fitting, remove it, replace the hose, (personally I would change the fitting as well if you can get one handily) and re-install.
On metal to metal connections like that I usually use 2-3 turns of white plumbers tape to ensure a good seal

joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp