Scamp faucet - can it be replaced easily? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
We just bought a 13' scamp, and the kitchen sink water faucet [the one that works with city water] is too short.
The spout sticks out barely past the edge of the sink, making it hard to use to fill pots, brush teeth, etc. Can the spout part of the faucet be replaced easily? I really didn't want to get into any major plumbing here.... Thanks.

Sheryl
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Quote:
We just bought a 13' scamp, and the kitchen sink water faucet [the one that works with city water] is too short.
The spout sticks out barely past the edge of the sink, making it hard to use to fill pots, brush teeth, etc. Can the spout part of the faucet be replaced easily? I really didn't want to get into any major plumbing here.... Thanks.
Sheryl
You have to change it. I found a bar sink faucet on sale at Home Depot.
It has a high rise faucet and swiveled. You do have to drill a couple of holes in the counter but it is easy to plumb. I had a water pump in my trailer so I used one side for trailer water and the other side for the city water.

Good luck,
John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Since neither Scamp nor Casita make their own faucets, you may find this posting from a Casita owner will work perfectly for you as well:
(Replacement) Casita high rise faucet spout
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Lightbulb

It's the faucet with only one handle [to turn on the cold city water]. I'm thinking we may have to replace the whole unit. Next time I'm near the camper, I'll take some measurements.

sheryl
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #5

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Sheryl,
We found the original Scamp faucet completely inadequate, so we replaced it with a bar faucet and have been very satisfied with that. By the way, the "bar faucet" that Scamp has on their parts list is just a regular kitchen faucet, not a high faucet like you would expect. We made the mistake of ordering it and promptly returned it, then bought the one pictured. We also replaced the original 4 1/2" deep sink with an 8" deep sink that I found on Ebay. Love it!
Sandra
Attached Images

Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Quote:
You have to change it. I found a bar sink faucet on sale at Home Depot.
It has a high rise faucet and swiveled. You do have to drill a couple of holes in the counter but it is easy to plumb. I had a water pump in my trailer so I used one side for trailer water and the other side for the city water.

Good luck,
John
I did exactly what John did. Chrome bar faucet from HD, think it was $29. Cold goes to city water, and hot goes to onboard system. Easy to do, fabulous upgrade.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
We replaced ours with a regular kitchen sink faucet from Home Depot. It is a high arch, swivels 360 and has a pull-out spout on the end. Works great.
Attached Thumbnails
KitchenBath.jpg  
D Shubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 1993 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I just replaced ours with this one from Amazon. It has a water filter too.

Culligan US-EZ-1 EZ-Change Undersink Drinking Water Filtration SystemCulligan US-EZ-1 EZ-Change Undersink Drinking Water Filtration System

Attached Thumbnails
faucet__50__.jpg  
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I have this one in stainless: Danze Sheridan Bar Faucet. I like the paddle handles, I can turn the water on and off with the back of my hands if they're really gunky. The one I took out of the Scamp looked like a bathroom faucet complete with round crystal-like handles!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
I'm putting this one into my Perris Pacer renovation. Found on Amazon.com. Spendy, but pretty.

Attached Thumbnails
31rUZg6uWxL._SS500_.jpg  
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp