scamp kitchen sink - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #1

Name: Hugh
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Registry
scamp kitchen sink

I have a 2008 19 foot deluxe Scamp, does any body know what the rough opening is for the sink? I do not want to start on the project until I have all the parts I need to finish. All that Scamp parts store offers is the acrylic sink, I would like to go with stainless steel. Also does anyone know of a source that would have a suitable replacement sink?
hghsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Not sure what your galley counter configuration looks like since I don't have a Scamp, but in my Casita 17' SD, I couldn't stand that little "bird bath" of a useless sink that it came with, so I ripped it out and installed this one instead. Here's the write-up of my project that I posted on the Casita site. FWIW, hope it helps or at least gives you some ideas for something actually useable.

(From my Casita site post)

"Well, I just had enough of the small, relatively all-but-useless, galley sink that came with my trailer. Since I have the SD model, I didn't have enough room to install a standard 15" X 15" sink which are commonly available everywhere. I had to look long and hard to find one that was deeper, longer (front to back) and still not any wider than 14" which is the maximum space between the microwave cabinet bulkhead and the stove. I finally found one that was twice as deep, two inches longer, (front to back,) and basically the same width as the existing sink. It also comes with a 3" stainless steel drain and a swiveling 6" high goose-neck faucet assembly, which directly connects to the existing 1 1/2" drain line and the existing PEX hot and cold lines without having to do anything more than whack off about 5" of the vertical drain pipe in the cabinet under it. After removing the old sink, taping over the hot & cold PEX pipes to keep debris out, and "templating" out the rough opening cutouts that I would need to make for the new installation, I got out my Roto-Zip and had at it.

I won't say that this installation was easy for me, since I couldn't fit my large carcass into the cabinet under the sink. It was all reaching in as far as I could and most of securing the sink clips and hot and cold lines was a "mirror job" with the use of many improvised tools, but despite the fight I had with doing this one, it's in!

The (4th) picture, with the white paper plate in it, is showing how deep it is. That's a 10.5" diameter plate!

The new sink is made by Krowne, and is their Model HS-1419"

https://www.katom.com/381-HS1419.html
Attached Thumbnails
sink4.JPG   sink6.JPG  

sink7.JPG   sink10.JPG  

sink14.JPG   sink12.JPG  

Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:21 AM   #3

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
Nice job ��
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Interesting sink configuration with the faucets on the short side/end. Can't say I've ever seen one like it before. Good find!!
Old 10-08-2020, 07:34 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
Interesting sink configuration with the faucets on the short side/end. Can't say I've ever seen one like it before. Good find!!
Common on bar sinks.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:05 AM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Ahhhh, that's why I've never seen one!
Old 11-09-2020, 07:02 PM   #7

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
Those small drain scuppers that you see on most RVs are bar sink scuppers also. Most RVs use cast zinc ones that corrode away, but Lowes or Home Depot have stamped stainless bar sink scuppers. That reminds me I need to get two of them for the Bigfoot and replace them.

Charles
Old 06-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #8

Name: Thomas
Hollywood
I just replaced the interior of our 1987 19' scamp.
I used the original sink but the new faucet is a pullout from amazon and it was a major improvement.
The old counter gave me the cutout template and the counter is home depot butcher block.
Scamp are like boats no square corners so save the old pieces to help make templates for the new.
Attached Thumbnails
20210629_193550.jpg   20210629_194407.jpg  

20210629_193530.jpg  
Tcjmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:02 PM   #9

Name: Thomas
Hollywood
I just replaced the interior of our 1987 19' scamp.
I used the original sink but the new faucet is a pullout from amazon and it was a major improvement.
The old counter gave me the cutout template and the counter is home depot butcher block.
Scamp are like boats no square corners so save the old pieces to help make templates for the new.
Attached Thumbnails
20210629_194407.jpg  
Tcjmiami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp