Scamp water pressure - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #1

Name: So0perugly
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
California
Scamp water pressure

Ok, sorry if this has been discussed before. I tried looking it up but couldnt find the answer I was looking for. The pluming thread sais that some people keep the pressure at 40psi some at 30psi some at 35psi. Does Scamp have a manufacturer "max"? I went to go buy a regulator, the brass $7 one varies from 40psi to 50psi. Is that fine to run? Or should I buy the more expensive one $32 adjustable and run my pressure at around 35psi? Is 50 too much?
Thanks in advance.
Edit: I own a 2016 Scamp 13' if that makes a difference.

SO0PERUGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #2

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
40 psi would be fine.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #3

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
40 psi is what we use.
Campground or City water systems can be much higher. Our local community system has the pressure set at 60 psi max, and 40 psi min.
The Scamps use plastic piping, best to not expose it to high pressure spikes.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:06 AM   #4

Name: So0perugly
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
California
I called Scamp directly yesterday. I spoke with the parts and service manager. I asked him if there was a "max" water pressure. He told me told hold one while he looked it up. His answer was " we use 50psi. 50 psi works" i then asked "is there a recommended water pressure that I should stay at? Is 50psi the most I should run through my system?" And his reply was "well you dont want to go any higher. If you go to 70 or 80 it might cause damage." What i was trying to figure out is If Im ok with that cheap 7 dollar regulator that keeps you at 40 to 50. Guess the answer is yes. It will be fine.
SO0PERUGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
One thing to note about the 12v water pumps as opposed to running off city water. The pump is designed to turn off at a "cut off" pressure meaning when you turn the flow of water off and pressure builds to a specified pressure the pump kicks off and it kicks back on when that pressure drops as water starts to flow again. So if you have a water pump rated for 35 psi, that means the pump cuts out at 35 psi, when you open the faucet the running pressure will be lower that the cut out pressure.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #6

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
One thing to note about the 12v water pumps as opposed to running off city water. The pump is designed to turn off at a "cut off" pressure meaning when you turn the flow of water off and pressure builds to a specified pressure the pump kicks off and it kicks back on when that pressure drops as water starts to flow again. So if you have a water pump rated for 35 psi, that means the pump cuts out at 35 psi, when you open the faucet the running pressure will be lower that the cut out pressure.
Right, but when you are connected to city/campground water, you need a regulator to limit pressure to the plumbing.
your 12 v pump should be switched OFF then.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
I always for for the brass regulators as the plastic ones tend to fail withing a year or two. Can't open them to clean out sediment. Put your inline filter ahead of the regulator.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #8

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I use a regulator, but many of the campgrounds we have stayed at have had low pressure and we often have to use the pump to get it high enough.
some have higher pressure to try to deliver water with a system that is undersized.
When more people are using water it is still low.

redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp