Shower faucet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Shower faucet

So we went out to do a few things to our 25RQ today. The wife was going to turn on the shower to see the flow rate with the factory shower head before she installed the new one we purchased. When she turned the shower on it was spraying water out at the base of the connection. It is tight so I'm assuming that there is a crack or something else.

There isn't an access panel to this shower faucet so my question is does anyone know to remove it? These little problems are starting to annoy her.
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #2

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
These are easy to cross thread. Might want to start by checking that. And some Teflon tape. We kept the old hose but used the new Oxygenics base attachment as it has the “trickle” valve that reduces flow but maintains temperature setting. Hope nothing is cracked. Let us know how it goes. My wife loves the Oxygenics, but I did the install.
Bruce
Towed by 2018 Chevy High Country Duramax
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #3

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Are you sure there's no access? There has to be some sort of access. I got to mine through the external storage area. My trailer only has one, and it's in the back, left corner right where all the plumbing comes together.

Is this the actual faucet base that's leaking or the base of where the shower hose threads into the faucet?

Not sure how much experience you have with trailers but my experience is that there will pretty much always be little things, no matter the brand trailer, no matter the year. It's going to have annoying little issues, almost all the time.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #4

Name: Stu
Trailer: 2003 21RB Bigfoot
Coos Bay, Oregon
Ours got cracked and I had to replace it I'm not sure on a 25 (we have a 21RB ) but I had to remove the wall panel between the toilet and shower to access the back of the shower fixture. The panel is held in place with very small finish nails. Remove/slide the plastic molding back to expose the nail heads.

I looked for an all-metal unit but couldn't find one. The plastic ones seem to crack very easily
South Coast Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #5

Name: Larry
Trailer: Burro
California
Eliminating water tank

Like to hear from those of you who have eliminated your fresh water tank, especially those with smaller trailers.
I have a13’ Burro and just don’t use the fresh water tank as it’s usually suspect.
I hang a water bladder over the sink for fresh water and have a 5 gal. Container to refill.
I could use the xtra space for storage, but since I don’t spend that much time in the Burro it’s not a pressing problem.
Appreciate anyone else experience.
Thanks
Burroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #6

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burroman View Post
Like to hear from those of you who have eliminated your fresh water tank, especially those with smaller trailers.
I have a13’ Burro and just don’t use the fresh water tank as it’s usually suspect.
I hang a water bladder over the sink for fresh water and have a 5 gal. Container to refill.
I could use the xtra space for storage, but since I don’t spend that much time in the Burro it’s not a pressing problem.
Appreciate anyone else experience.
Thanks
Wow have seen different changes; but we would miss our tanks especially the hot water and fresh water tanks. We empty and flush ours every year.

You could start a new thread on this; would be interested in what people will say.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:47 AM   #7

California
Getting rid of water tank

In my 13 ‘ Burro, no shower or hot water, it just seems unnessary.
The hanging bladder supplies us with fresh drinking water, and enough for coffee and simple meals- easy to clean.
Idea is probably aimed at units without hot water.
I could see then the tank would be almost mandatory.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:23 PM   #8

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Coast Stu View Post
Ours got cracked and I had to replace it I'm not sure on a 25 (we have a 21RB ) but I had to remove the wall panel between the toilet and shower to access the back of the shower fixture. The panel is held in place with very small finish nails. Remove/slide the plastic molding back to expose the nail heads.

I looked for an all-metal unit but couldn't find one. The plastic ones seem to crack very easily
Makes you wonder why they didn't put an access panel there, like they did in the wardrobe for the bathroom sink.

Charles
Old 12-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #9

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
On our Bigfoot Silver Cloud, there is an access "door" behind the fixture at the foot of the twin bed. I don't know if it was original or cut by a previous owner since it isn't hinged (just held in by a couple screws).
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #10

California
Small container beneath sink

Replaced my hanging water bag with a 3 gal. Jerry-can style water container beneath my sink- fits perfect.
Cut my hose to my pump faucet and now have clean drinking water. Refill my container when I need it and gained all that space beneath rear dinette seat.
Works well for me, and since I couldn’t easily remove the tank to clean it I never drank from it.
Again, maybe a solution for me, but not for you.
Simplify, simplify!
Old 12-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #11

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Larry, I don't think our goal is to simplify if we own large Bigfoot trailers! Different strokes for different folks.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #12

California
Totally agree!
It’s an idea for those with smaller trailers, seemingly equipped like you bigger guys.
Different objectives, as most of us small trailer people go out for short stays..
Old 12-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #13

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Faucet

There was an access panel, it was under the sink, you had to remove the light switch to actually see the fittings. Unfortunately with all the hardware in my shoulders I wasn't able to do that much bending and reaching. Good thins was that Bigfoot sent me a piece of paneling and trim that matched what I had in my camper, kudos to Bigfoot. To my surprise when the paneling and trim arrived Bigfoot had also included a new faucet. I cut a new access under the vanity and also fitted the light switch into this panel. After that changing the faucet was a piece of cake. With the matching trim and paneling you really don't notice it unless you are looking for it.

Bigfoot went above and beyond. On another note we almost made 10,000 miles on our camper in 2019. The wife loves it, you know what they say! If she's happy we are all Happy!
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot