Storage of sewer pipes and fittings - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2016, 04:48 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16'
Wisconsin
Storage of sewer pipes and fittings

Since I bought some extra flexible pipe and connections for connecting to a campsite's sewer system, I need a place to store it. I've seen a solution on this forum and am duplicating it. I'll post photos.
My question is whether I should care about the direction I aim the fence slat holes that come prefabricated in the post I am using. I'm planning on downward and rearward for aeration while stored. Should it be upward and rearward?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1474066051.830539.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	99814Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1474066072.661410.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	99815Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1474066090.798839.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	99816

Dave S
Dsironi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:13 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Looks good to me Dave. You've got it sitting in the best position for not picking up water spray while towing plus it will drain too.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:43 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I second that, it looks good to me too. With the slots down and back, they may not collect as much dust and grit. And the gutter drawer does cover the bottom holes. Have you noticed that in many areas the floor OSB board does not lie tight against the frame and that you can actually thread stainless steel strips through to hang the tube?

I placed one of those fence sleeves in exactly the same location and took the shore power cord out through it. It gets folded and shoved in to store it. The sleeve I used is plain, without holes. The sewer hose is in a similar arrangement up front.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I also threaded the hangers through the frame members - was an easy attachment and it worked well.

The install looks great. I might consider drilling some hole in the bottom on the gutter drawer to allow water to drain out of it - particularly if you plan on washing it out from time to time.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:15 AM   #5

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I also threaded the hangers through the frame members - was an easy attachment and it worked well.
Hi Carol, you deserve the credit for that idea. I think I got it from one of your posts!
Old 09-17-2016, 10:43 AM   #6

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Pretty neat, has anyone seen the ladder that Camping world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
Hi Carol, you deserve the credit for that idea. I think I got it from one of your posts!
:sells I think they come in 7' and 10' fold up totally square, will not fit into a 4" round pipe but sure as heck fit into the new Plastic square fencing like the one under the trailer. If not 4" then maybe 5" neat ladders if one needs to look at roofing problems.
Just a thought as your system would work for them to.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:02 PM   #7

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Where do you get that square tubing?
Old 09-17-2016, 12:16 PM   #8

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captleemo View Post
It is a plastic 5" post sleeve sold in home improvement stores like Lowes Depot.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:17 PM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captleemo View Post
Home Depot or Lowes. It is sold as plastic fence post so look in the deck and fence area of the store.
Silver River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #10

British Columbia
Yes they make plastic fencing now for the USA Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
It is a plastic 5" post sleeve sold in home improvement stores like Lowes Depot.
:I have to assume cows and horses think it is real wood product and stay away from it? But would sure be good for putting items in it like under the trailer, or on the rear bumper etc. Hard to find 5" round pipe but one does not need worry any longer now with 5" Square.
stude
Old 09-17-2016, 02:09 PM   #11

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Wow... I wonder why this stuff is not offered in Canada... Veranda 5 in. x 5 in. x 8 ft. White Vinyl Fence Post-73010700 - The Home Depot
Old 09-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #12

British Columbia
It must be as I see this stuff being used on fences all over Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
Wow... I wonder why this stuff is not offered in Canada... Veranda 5 in. x 5 in. x 8 ft. White Vinyl Fence Post-73010700 - The Home Depot
: I believe there is a lowes in Queensborough, and I think a new one just went in around Abbottsford area. But any farm supply like Buckerfields should no how to get it.
stude
Old 09-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
LOL thanks but no credit due to me, pretty sure I got the idea from someone here originally!
Old 09-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver River View Post
Home Depot or Lowes. It is sold as plastic fence post so look in the deck and fence area of the store.
In Canada, Home Depot does not carry it. I had to import mine into Canada from a Home Depot across the line.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #15

British Columbia
My wife Judy did a search around the lower Mainland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
In Canada, Home Depot does not carry it. I had to import mine into Canada from a Home Depot across the line.
: She found 4x4' & 6x6' both 108" long and are a white post wrap at Home Hardware, they come in two pieces and klick together in a tonque and groove setup. Maker is Yard Crafters. they also sell the end caps etc. To make sure they stay together, check Lee Valley Tools for re-usable Wraps as this is just something I learned about from Glenn B. who uses the re-usable straps to tie his wheels up so they do not fall down and get dragged behind the Trailer.
Thanks Glenn.
Stude
Old 09-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #16

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
I am assuming that that is a piece of rain gutter inside that plastic fence post.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:39 AM   #17

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: She found 4x4' & 6x6' both 108" long and are a white post wrap at Home Hardware, they come in two pieces and klick together in a tonque and groove setup. Maker is Yard Crafters. they also sell the end caps etc. To make sure they stay together, check Lee Valley Tools for re-usable Wraps as this is just something I learned about from Glenn B. who uses the re-usable straps to tie his wheels up so they do not fall down and get dragged behind the Trailer.
Thanks Glenn.
Stude
That, I assume is 4x4" and 6x6". Nice. I wish I had found the 6x6, for the extra volume. I had to cut down the yellow plastic wheel chocks in order to store them in the 5x5 vinyl.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #18

British Columbia
Paul if Carol had not said about crossing the line for hers.

Quote:
That, I assume is 4x4" and 6x6". Nice. I wish I had found the 6x6, for the extra volume. I had to cut down the yellow plastic wheel chocks in order to store them in the 5x5 vinyl.
: So we did a local check at Home Depot, Lowes, Rona, and so on, my wife found these pieces at Home Hardware which is a Canadian outlet only, what they use the for is to wrap round Pipe and yes they are in inches. Funny I'm pretty good at hitting that " or ' pattern and it gets me how many others hit " for feet and ' for inches? Oh well we cannot all be perfect, I guess that is what some say about reading it after and re-editing before printing. I just think I do not make mistakes when typing my 70-80 words a minute but as I grow older I have to admit my spelling is getting worse.
When we get home after this trip I will go to Lowes and Home Depot and ask why they are not bringing in the Plastic Fencing and find out what the reason is.
Stude
Old 09-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #19

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16'
Wisconsin
Thanks for the hint about stainless banding. I'll look for it.
And yes that is a vinyl rain gutter inside the post as a tray. I had to order the 5"x5" corner fence post from Menards. Took nearly a month.

Dave S
Dsironi is offline   Reply With Quote