Suburban furnace NT 16 SEQ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2016, 08:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Suburban furnace NT 16 SEQ

Suburban updated the NT 16 SE to a NT 16 SEQ. The Q stands for quiet. Does anyone know what they did to the furnace give it a quiet designation?
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #2

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Added the Q?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Well Played

Red barron...

I see what you did there.....well played sir

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 16
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Suburban updated the NT 16 SE to a NT 16 SEQ. The Q stands for quiet. Does anyone know what they did to the furnace give it a quiet designation?
Eddie
Hi Eddie, did you purchase and install the 16SEQ? I have a 12SE and wondering if it will just slip in with no changing of exterior ports and if it is quieter. No one seems to be able to answer that. The manufacture website says they changed the fan blade angle. Not sure what else they did. (Maybe just added a Q.... :-) )
SteveZimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #5

I purchased a 16SEQ from Amazon. The box was OK but the furnace must have been dropped because the case was distorted and half of the tack welds were broken so I returned it for a refund. I did notice the inside fan blades were plastic and the blades had a swept design. When I tried to re order the price increased so I'm now planning to go to the Scamp Factory and maybe just have them install the furnace. I first tried installing a new Atwood Everest furnace I had but since I had a Deluxe it did not fit the existing hole .
The Suburban housing SEQ should be the same size as the SE but the exhaust ports is what I would be concerned about. If you download an install manual the measurements are shown in the manual. Or you could call Suburban or Scamp to see if it would fit.

Eddie
Old 04-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #6

Colorado
Thanks for the response Eddie. I just found a number for tech support for Suburban; 574-294-6561. I talked to a very nice, knowledgeable woman who assured me that the 12 and 16 are exactly the same size and will be just plug and play. She said she did notice that the "Q" series is quieter but couldn't tell me the decibel drop. I would think that Scamp would charge you tax and installation for something that's 2 screws, 4 wires and a gas connection. On amazon right now, you can by the 16Q for $345.71 w/ free shipping.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #7

That's the one I bought. Not only was it damaged it was missing the outside intake/exhaust plate and tubes. After several try's of trying to work things out with the seller I gave up on the project and returned the furnace. I am working on a S-16 DX floor plan A. There is very limited working space for the install and I did not have all my tools available at the time of the install.
Eddie
Old 04-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #8

Colorado
Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping to reuse the existing exhaust plate and hopefully, it's a different seller!

Tags
furnace