toiler overflowed and floor wet in dinette??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Boler
I was filling my black water tank, by putting a hose into the toilet to soak it - well I let it run too long and the toilet overflowed. It should have just gone into the shower and then the grey water tank, but I ended up with water all over the floor in the back dinette bench where the black water tank is?????

Any thoughts??

D
Dawn S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
You might think about also entering this incident under the "senior moments" topic!

Heh! Heh! Heh! :>)
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
hummm, does the shower have a drain plug or basket strainer ... and it was pushed in to seal the drain? Or maybe the shower drain is just plugged up??? I mean, if it couldn't go down the drain it had to go somewhere, right?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft Boler
Quote:
hummm, does the shower have a drain plug or basket strainer ... and it was pushed in to seal the drain? Or maybe the shower drain is just plugged up??? I mean, if it couldn't go down the drain it had to go somewhere, right?

Hi Donna,

Yes, I thought of that last night when I was reading some correspondence from another trailering guide.. I thought....mmmm...maybe the shower drain in plugged. I will investigate!!

Today I got really brave and "went after the stink" in the back dinette bench. I gingerly lifted the electrical cords out of the way bit by bit and went in with my tilex and spray TSP and my scrub brush and I THINK I MAY HAVE GOT IT!!! Eeeeewwww - this is gross, but as I was cleaning I could smell the stink being lifted and I just took my time and scrubbed under all the wires and in every little crevice I could get into!! I was pretty liberated along with my general disgust!!! LOL

I will let you know how it goes! We painted all the ensolite today with KILZ primer and that seems to have freshened it up too. I have the heater on in there "setting" the KILZ, and I am hoping that dries out the STINK a bit too!! Hee hee. I CAN'T HAVE A TRAILER THAT SMELLS! I DON'T CARE IF IT IS 30 YEARS OLD!!
Dawn S is offline   Reply With Quote