Toilet issue - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Name: Steve
Trailer: Trillium 4500, Scamp 5th Wheel
Las Vegas, Nv.
Toilet issue

I just bought this Scamp 5th wheel and have been checking all the systems. Something that has me concerned is the fact that when I push the toilet handle down I notice water running down into the shower. I haven't had time to check it out further so thought I would throw this out there in the hope someone else has may have encountered and solved this issue. If so I would appreciate any insight as I haven't encountered this style of toilet yet.
Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance

Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
Name: Peter
Trailer: Scamp 19 delux
New York
I had similar issues not a real bad leak but still. For us it was the valve in the pedal. It controls the water and I don't think I winterized it well enough and when I took things apart to source the leak it had a hairline crack due to freezing. It was not too bad of a job to replace that valve. We could see our leak better when the water pressure was up.

PeterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Name: Fran L and Dave W
Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
New Mexico
The exact same thing happened to us. Just last month we replaced the valve but now still have a small leak - but this time we think we didn't get the inlet water supply hose connection on tight enough. We have to take it apart again and try to fix the water connection.
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote