Toilet water keeps running - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Boler 17 ft
Hello, I have a problem with the water pump continually pumping. I finally located the problem, it seems the toilet is running water when the pedal is retracted. Has anyone come across this problem before, and if so, where do you get seals/parts for a toilet. Mine is a Model 461 Deluxe Classic low profile water flush toilet. Is it very difficult to repair?
Thanks
Errol H
Errol Holbrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Errol, in the Document Center there's a manual for the Thetford Aqua Magic. Perhaps there's something in the troubleshooting guide that's similar enough to be helpful?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
This could be a thetford or sealand by the model series, it would help me if I know the make and year of trailer?

Harry

Quote:
Hello, I have a problem with the water pump continually pumping. I finally located the problem, it seems the toilet is running water when the pedal is retracted. Has anyone come across this problem before, and if so, where do you get seals/parts for a toilet. Mine is a Model 461 Deluxe Classic low profile water flush toilet. Is it very difficult to repair?
Thanks
Errol H
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #4

Hello harry,

Its a 1979 Boler Trailer. Actually, I found out since sending this request that the toilet is a Monogram 461 Classic Deluxe. Thanks again
Errol

Quote:
This could be a thetford or sealand by the model series, it would help me if I know the make and year of trailer?

Harry
Old 08-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft and 1980 Trillium 5500
Quote:
I can sympathize with your problem. When we bought our Tril 5500, we had the same problem - continually running water whenever there was pressure in the line. Parts for our toilet were no longer available, and the plastic is brittle enough with age that taking it apart might cause more problems than what I can fix.

My solution was to put a valve in the incoming water line to shut off the flow of water. It's not pretty, and it's a pain in the *** to both turn on the valve and then flush, but it works. When the budget allows we may replace the toilet or modify another brand's valve assm (if possible - and if I get brave enough to take it apart to see if we can even do that).

And don't get the plastic valves you might find in an RV store - found out the hard way that they leak under city pressure. Ended up using the same brass ball valve I use for my underground sprinklers - heavy, but not much more $$ than a plastic valve. Picked that up, plus the necessary couplers at the local home center in the plumbing section (under $10 for all). Now if I can just get the shower to stop leaking when we turn on the bathroom taps...
Garth M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It's not just your throne...

Mine does the same thing. Leaky ball valve.

I put in an inline valve and do the same as Garth. I don't find it a bother tho.It's in an easy place to reach.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #7

Quote:
It's not just your throne...

Mine does the same thing. Leaky ball valve.

I put in an inline valve and do the same as Garth. I don't find it a bother tho.It's in an easy place to reach.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
I have checked my suppliers I use and no luck, I found a thread I include below of another RV site and this thread is recent on this topic, the dialog being on this brand, it includes an address for monogram in the thread different from mine...I called the Ca. numbers for Monogram Sanitary Products in my files I had before giving out the numbers here,the voice number is disconnected, the fax number is in use and rings, the parts supply line was picked up in the midwest in 1998 but dropped later, I have lost that info...I must look for it now...In this below thread a bloke has some info and some out of print manuals everyone is asking for and I can now see why. I include the address below anyway that I have.

Good luck

I shall look tomorrow, this toilet manufacturer was used in marine applications too, I will see if I can find it thru some of my marine wholesalers...Some of those guys are old as sin and may know of this off the top of their heads.

Harry

[b]
Monogram Sanitation Co
800 W Artesia Blvd
Compton, CA 90224-9057
[b]Phone: 310-638-8445
[b]Fax: 310-638-8458

http://www.rv-coach.com/current_category.1...hread_full.html

Quote:
Thanks
Errol H
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote