Trillium sink.... - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
We NEED to replace the water tap (cold water only) on our 13ft. Trillium.

To best access the tap for removal, I need to pull the kitchen sink. I can only see 3 bolts holding the sink to the counter from underneath. Does anyone know if there ARE in fact only 3, or is there a fourth one I cannot see (or feel while groping in the dark from in the confined quarters, looking in from the removed drawer)???

For safety sake, I'll also be looking to replace all water hoses so as not to be confronted with possible problems and health concerns in the future.

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
Trailer: Trillium Manufacturing
Yes Doug, there is a screw in each of the 4 corners.
You'll probably have to take the stove out to do it easily. That isn't a big job.

I also would replace that little bit of plumbing while you're in there. If you don't, you know that Murphy will be laughing.

TomA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13 ft

Doug- we are in the process of completely renovating the 73 trillium we got from from Ed Harris - which is a work of love and excitement in itself- making her ours!-Lots of fun in this hot weather !

I agree- our sink has 4 bolts holding it in place. That is the only part of the system we are NOT replacing .

First we decided to scrap the gas heater/furnace under the sink- removing the old furnace took about 10 minutes to find all the srews and another 10 to actually wiggle the front off the back and remove it. This gives me total access to the underside of the sink/ Faucets' wiring and lots of room to work to the replace drain. I did that yesterday- about 1/2 hour to do the actual work- 3 hours of shopping to get the parts Hey- the store was air conditioned!!!

Today I am attacking the water supply tank & faucets. We are replacing the old tank & fittings and moving it over to make more useable storage space under the seat.

Any way, the faucets are connected to the sink/counter from the TOP so once you disconnect from the tank & city water connections it takes just a minute to unscrew them from the counter top and lift them out. Our City water faucet has a 2 piece thing- pry off the chrome cover with a scres driver and the 4 screws holding the actual plastic "works" down are easily visible and removeable. Another 10 minute job. Next I'm off to buy new tank& faucets.

It really is a lot more fun to do all this stuff at once, since Dale's new job starts next week and he has time to work on it together instesd of in shifts. Of course, once he gets back to work, we won't have much time to use it either

Edited to add link to picture just put on website- including bottom of sink & old faucets
Patricia Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Find a small person to do it.

Mine would have been a bear if I was a normal size, but I was able to crawl in there and reach up in the narrow space.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #5
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Being of the "large economy size" it took me the better part of 3 hours to finally remove the tap (which the innerds of had long ago rotted out) and found a replacement tap with correct connections only to see the new taps chrome finish pealing off in my hands. I can't get back to the r.v. shop to try an exchange the tap till next Tuesday at the earliest. This is a bummer as I really wanted to git'er dun today!!!

Another kick in the B-hind also came today when we examined the newly made up curtains for the front window

....seems the seamstress musta been into the wobbly pop whilst she was doing these up. The front pair are of two slightly different lengths and the right panels lower hem is as crooked as Billy B Da_ _ed!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote