Trillium Waste Drain - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium and Compact Jr
Need help finding the 3 3/8 inch flange, fitting or hatch (whatever its called) on a 76 Trillium used for the sink drain on the outside. The drain flange is just below the round electric cord flange. Flange cover is broken off and the hose connection is stripped. Have looked on the net till my eyes have crossed. Hope some nice person can help me out. Thanks, Terry
Terry Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Quote:
Need help finding the 3 3/8 inch flange, fitting or hatch (whatever its called) on a 76 Trillium used for the sink drain on the outside. The drain flange is just below the round electric cord flange. Flange cover is broken off and the hose connection is stripped. Have looked on the net till my eyes have crossed. Hope some nice person can help me out. Thanks, Terry
Hi Terry,
Do you have an RV dealer nearby? I've replaced several covers on a number of trailers over the past 5 years, and always was able to find them at my local dealer for approx. $20 each.
Bill
Bill F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Terry,
Do you have an RV dealer nearby? I've replaced several covers on a number of trailers over the past 5 years, and always was able to find them at my local dealer for approx. $20 each.
Bill
Thanks Bill but all I have seen are round and very small. I was hoping for a square one to cover the original square hole.

Terry
Old 06-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Terry,

If you scroll about 1/3 of the way down this page there are some slightly bigger and somewhat squarer ones, although they're still not quite like the originals. Seems like they're called all kinds of different things (makes it hard to search, doesn't it), although "city water" is often part of the name.

https://www.makariosrv.com/categories/RV-Pl...-&-Hatches/

I don't see them listed on the Trillium RV parts site, but I wonder if they still use the same ones on the new Trilliums?

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Hi Terry,

If you scroll about 1/3 of the way down this page there are some slightly bigger and somewhat squarer ones, although they're still not quite like the originals. Seems like they're called all kinds of different things (makes it hard to search, doesn't it), although "city water" is often part of the name.

https://www.makariosrv.com/categories/RV-Pl...-&-Hatches/

I don't see them listed on the Trillium RV parts site, but I wonder if they still use the same ones on the new Trilliums?

Raya
Hello Raya, long time no see, The flanges on this site are water intake with check valves to prevent out flow. If only I could find a discharge flange for the sink water. I doubt they are made anymore but I will continue to look. Trying to get your Trill up and running. Slow but sure. Terry
Old 06-06-2009, 07:27 AM   #6

Below are the parts that fit the outside of the Trillium. One for intake of city water and one for gravity fill. Now if I could find the discharge of the same size.

http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page...amp;pageNum=334

Down in the right corner of the page are the two I have now.

Terry
Old 06-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Um.. duh, what was I thinking? Somehow I went from discharge to intake between when I read your post and when I answered.

I remember on Brenda Novakowski's restoration pages that she mentioned getting all new "service" hatches on one of their 1970s Trilliums; I wonder if she found one?

Okay, I looked and I can see she used round ones. Of course that doesn't mean the square aren't available, but it does look as though the round ones covered all traces of the old holes. It shows up about 1/4 of the way down this page:

http://members.shaw.ca/nova1/Stubby.htm

The rest of her pages are pretty handy for seeing a Trillium restoration in progress, as they've done a few of them. "Dewey" was the most extensive.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium