Wanted Bigfoot front cowling - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
Minnesota
Wanted Bigfoot front cowling

Wanted Fiberglass Bigfoot cowling (covers the propane tanks and battery)
My trailer is a 1988 but other years might fit. Call or email Ron
Buckron1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Ron that front cowling is on the same 17ft ,s from 78 which i m not sure if the first trailer had them but until 2004 as in 2005 the new mould came out. But I think the only way to find one is if there was a wreck somewhere. You might want to contact Bigfootrv.com they might still have the mould or be able to make you one. As they do reply to all emails.
Rick Good Luck..
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Cowling ? Fairing ?

Does anyone know if those cowlings are for looks, or to make the front easier to keep clean ? Because if they are large enough and are flaired into the lower bodywork of the trailer they could be an aide in streamlining. It would be fairly complicated to make one of fiberglas, and might result in a miniscule mpg gain. But with the many advances that new trucks and cars have, it would be an interesting project.
BTW, there were some older trailers with cowlings that look like they might fit a Scamp or Casita, if only for the clean look. David in Sonora and Fresno.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:08 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
If by cowling, you mean the fiberglass tongue cover that protects the propane bottles and batteries, I actually was about to list one for sale on the forum, but had not figured out an asking price yet. I just had a custom locking tongue box built for my 1988 Bigfoot B19, so I do not need the fiberglass cover anymore. Only issue is that you are in Minnesota and I am in AZ and I cannot imagine trying to ship it - that would probably be quite expensive. I can post photos and approximate dimensions sometime tomorrow. Meanwhile, you might get a general idea of it from my profile photo and prior posts. I think the 17 and 19 foot trailer have the same size cover?
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:46 AM   #5

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
two types....

later models were more rounded, permanently fastened to the frame by three screws...and have a top hatch....

great thing to have.....but if I "lost" mine I think I would build or get one built....would be pretty easy to come up with a better, more useful design IMO.....(sort of like the newer/bigger/latest generation box)
Attached Thumbnails
bushw1.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:02 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Sounds like the later models were more practical in design. I did buy two "portholes" that I was going to install in the original fiberglass cover for accessing the propane bottles without having to remove the entire cover - I saw that here on the forum and it seemed like a great idea (accessing the batteries is relatively infrequent, but accessing the propane is not infrequent at all). However, I decided to do two 6 volt batteries instead of one 12 volt, so I had to change the cover anyway, because the original would not have fit that configuration.

I originally wanted to buy an off-the-shelf diamond-plated aluminum tongue box (most decently-built were about $450), but I ended up having to pay $1,000 to have one custom-built because none of the off-the-shelf models could accommodate the combination of the Bigfoot's front wall being angled out and the front light over the tongue. The original fiberglass cover, if modified with portholes to access the propane, is definitely going to fit better than anything I could find off-the-shelf and would be much less expensive than getting custom-made (unless you happen to be a welder who can build it yourself). Cheers!
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:42 AM   #7

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
Length of sewer hose
Old 03-25-2018, 09:21 AM   #8

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
???

on BFs the sewer hose is carried inside the back bumper....and you could carry two of them (or something else) a folded up sewer hose is only about 4'...bumper is 8'
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot