Water heater not working on propane. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2016, 12:02 AM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Parkliner
Oregon
Water heater not working on propane.

We have a Parkliner (and they are back in business) with a problem I could use some hints with. The water heater works well on a.c. But the propane quit heating the water last fall. The range works well so the gas supply is there.
Any help would be appreciated.
KayMarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:18 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Bill, have you checked and cleaned the burner tip for dirt, spiders and such? Doesn't take much to keep it from working.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:02 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You dont say how old the trailer is. But you should either have a manual on the WH or be able to download one from the internet. I would do that and study up on the "Trouble-shooting" area.

I have an Atwood that's located at the rear of my Scamp. I've had to hold down the blue pilot light button until I thought something was wrong as well. It's just a SMALL amount of gas coming through the line to initially light the water heater so dont be fooled by how long it takes.

But you said it was working before so I'm sure you're familiar with how to light it etc. If you fail to find the answer with the manual, you can call the factory. My guess is the small tube is stopped up or your ignitor has possibly failed. Do you smell gas back there at all when it's trying to light? If not, I'd say it's definitely stopped up. Do I hear "little pests"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMarino View Post
We have a Parkliner (and they are back in business) with a problem I could use some hints with. The water heater works well on a.c. But the propane quit heating the water last fall. The range works well so the gas supply is there.
Any help would be appreciated.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:55 AM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
If you have electronic ignition, and with your fairly new Parkliner, you probably do. you could have a blown fuse. Open the outside door to the water heater and there should be a fuse or link that is bad, or maybe when the heater was winterized, the wire got disconnected.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane