Winterizing 2014 Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #15

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Just curious...Is winterizing necessary in Georgia? Perhaps in the area north of Atlanta? Would draining all the lines just be enough? We are heading through Georgia to Florida in a few weeks and planned to de-winterize during our one night stay in Nashville on the way down. Of course, we will wait another night for farther south if the forecast is frigid!
Kevin, we travelled from IL thru TN and AL down to FL, and have seen snow as far south as AL more than once. Personally I wouldn't add water until you get to FL. Safe Travels.

Tom

Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 AM   #16

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingBob View Post
If I blow air through everything in the system before the procedure in Huck's link, I guess I need to have the valve on the input line to the water heater open and the hot drain closed, then reverse each of those two valves before putting antifreeze in (so with air running through the water heater tank; but there's got to be some sediment in there)? Although I'd probably then decide Wayne's suggestion is good - if air is all that's done for the hot lines why put antifreeze in the cold lines if they both got the the same air treatment? If it's good enough for the hot lines shouldn't it be good enough for the cold ones?
There might be some water left in holding tank, so by dumping antifreeze in, you are protecting your holding tank as well as pumping antifreeze through the cold water pipe so you can run some into the kitchen drain, shower, toilet, and bathroom drain.

I think about the only place water might collect is at the entry into the bathroom, and that would be if the line doesn't drain properly when you open the cold and hot water drains.

Last winter I winterized my Parkliner in December and headed to the Gulf in early February. I used the city water hookup, not the holding tank, while camping; so when I returned I just added some more antifreeze (about 1/2 gallon) and ran it through the cold water pipe and flushed some into the drains and toilet.

What I did that helped me understand how to winterize was to open everything up and look at how the water traveled through the trailer. Once I understood that, it was easy to understand how to winterize and de-winterize.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #17

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner
Georgia
Thanks again to all; pink came out of all the fixtures and went down all the drains, basically per the procedure in Huck's link. Tom sent me a copy of the original mailing from Parkliner/Chandler and the only real difference is that there's another footnote that says if, like mine, your unit has dual freshwater tanks, to put antifreeze in the starboard tank. Not sure if that meant "both" or "instead of" but decided belt and suspenders, so did both.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #18

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Kevin, we travelled from IL thru TN and AL down to FL, and have seen snow as far south as AL more than once. Personally I wouldn't add water until you get to FL. Safe Travels.

Tom
When we were living in Atlanta, we went home one year at Christmas to Illinois. Only snow we saw was at our Atlanta house......

I wouldn't add water until I was in Florida, unless you travel along the GA coast.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #19

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
steve how did you keep want in that wx below zero?

thanks

bob
Old 12-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #20

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
I installed a hot water bypass in mine as well as a drain for my single freshwater tank. Not sure what to tell you. Maybe a trip to a local RV place and ask them what they suggest?

Best of luck to you.

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner