Wanted: 13 foot Fiberglass Trailer wanted DC/VA/MD - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 12:32 AM   #1

Name: Em
Trailer: In the market
Washington, D.C.
13 foot Fiberglass Trailer wanted DC/VA/MD

Avid camper and traveler, I want to jump into the Boler life! Looking for a trailer, open to any of the brands Casita, Scamp, Burro, Trillium . Willing to drive out of the area for it, so OH, PA, NY etc.

Budget is 5,000 or preferably less, want the chance to not fully refurbish but add my touch and make a project of it!

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 13 foot Fiberglass Trailer wanted DC/VA/MD

wandering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:47 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
wanting

Well you are starting at a good time. Maybe? Here is what I have done both buying and selling...

Do a 3 state Craigslist search for what you want, have a figure in mind for paying be flexible on that. Have your cash on hand, be willing to put up a small deposit, did I say these campers sell fast? Be ready to travel, you can call the owner most sellers are honest they will tell you the good and bad.

I bought an A-Liner this way, bought our 13f Scamp and sold the A-Liner this way. Our buyer for the A-Liner came clear from Dallas Tx.

Oh advertising on Fiberglass RV is fantastic too!

good luck on your venture...
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
At that budget point, you tend to find older campers that need a lot of work. It won't typically be just cosmetic. Scamps that size tend to be more plentiful (but not common). Inspect carefully, and understand the weaknesses each individual brand and model can have.

You may be able to find an older Scamp 13 that will be in better condition. Bolers and Trilliums tend to cost more. Check sold listings on FG RV for sale web site. They don't list the actual sales price, but typically they sell for close to asking price.

I looked for my Trillium for about a year, and drove 625 miles one way to get it. Solid unit but it had been neglected for 20 years. Was not towable when I bought it. Took temporary trailer lights and new tires/wheels before I could depart. But you never know one might pop up closer!!

And the money "saved" by obtaining one at a lower price may be spent on repairs. I am a big fan on used units knowing how it is stored when not in use. Left neglected and outside can create more issues. I've got 200 to 300 hours into repairs on my Trillium and I am not done yet. I have used it camping, so its pretty usable. Right now I am working on house repairs, so the trailer is waiting its turn.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:04 PM   #4

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
Old 01-19-2020, 05:06 PM   #5

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
Hey there. My name is Joe. I have a 13 foot burro I have listed on this website. Tennessee does border Virginia but I'm a bit South of the Border. Mine is a little more than 5,000 but it is in great shape you could still add personal touches. Take a look at it and let me know if you would be interested in making me an offer. I posted it about 2 days ago. And also uploaded pictures of outside and inside. It has always been parked under cover.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:26 PM   #6

Name: Lise
Trailer: 1972 Cloud
Arizona
I have a very nice 13ft fiberglass CLOUD. I have it listed in trailers for sale. My price is higher that you want but you never know.
Wilma1972 is offline   Reply With Quote