Wanted: 17' or less newer TT with toilet and preferably dry shower near So Cal - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #1

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Currently shopping
CA
17' or less newer TT with toilet and preferably dry shower near So Cal

Hi all. Just starting to look, and would love it if I could find a 17' or less newer TT near me in So Cal. One example is the Scamp Liberty Deluxe. As I find more of the exact type I'm looking for I will update this. I am a serious buyer but have time constraints so travel to inspect and drive home multi state is hard but not impossible for the right one!

Smaller is fine, must have flushing toilet and A/C it's hot in SoCal . Wet bath ok, dry ideal.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 17' or less newer TT with toilet and preferably dry shower n...

DebiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:10 AM   #2

Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
We can meet a few of your requirements, but only a few. We have a 17-foot Burro for sale on the west coast. But we're across the border in Canada, and it's a 1999. If you're at all interested, let me know and I'll send you more specifics. It's also listed in the classifieds. Have a happy search.

Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #3

CA
I'm sorry, but no, not interested
Old 04-16-2019, 08:40 AM   #4

Name: Desmond
Trailer: Escape
CA
2011 escape 17b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiT View Post
Hi all. Just starting to look, and would love it if I could find a 17' or less newer TT near me in So Cal. One example is the Scamp Liberty Deluxe. As I find more of the exact type I'm looking for I will update this. I am a serious buyer but have time constraints so travel to inspect and drive home multi state is hard but not impossible for the right one!

Smaller is fine, must have flushing toilet and A/C it's hot in SoCal . Wet bath ok, dry ideal.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 17' or less newer TT with toilet and preferably dry shower n...

Hi! We have a 2011 Escape 17B for sale....here are the features:

We have decided to transition to full-time rv living. In order to continue working and meet my obligations while on the road, we'll need a bigger space. We tow this with a 2015 Ford Explorer that has a 5000 lb tow capacity. The Explorer handles it with ease. We love this trailer and the ease of towing, parking, features, etc. but we need to go bigger.
So, we are offering our 2011 17B for sale - asking price is $17,500.

It has all the standard features of a 17B plus the following upgrades:
From factory
Air conditioner ready (reinforcing of roof to support weight and wiring, including breaker in power box) but no air conditioner (AC installed August 2018 by Escape)
3 burner stove
All LED lights
Tail lights above window
2” bike mount
Custom Formica finish (replaced with bamboo)
Window at stove (fixed pane - doesn't open)
Reinforced walls in wardrobe cabinet
Solar ready (but I’m not sure where the wires are)
Exterior shower
Additional 12V outlet
Extra insulation and dual pane windows
Storage box in front
Equalizer hitch

Added by previous owner:
110W portable solar using a Morningstar MPPT controller and BM-1 current monitor
Additional 12V outlet (including an external one)
Added additional LED light above dinette with a dimmer
Piezo starter for stove burners (no matches needed)
Baffling in fridge compartment for better cooling
Added shelves in wardrobe cabinet along with LED lighting
Accumulator at water pump
Replaced wire from battery to power converter box with #8 marine wire
New 15” tires and rims (including spare) in April 2017
LED on water heater to indicate heater is on (vs the existing light which indicates that it is igniting)

Recent upgrades by me:
New (last month) Dometic 3-way fridge
New AC installed at Escape in Chilliwack (frame recall work done at the same time)
Custom interior finishes including denim fabric, bamboo counters, galvanized panels for magnets, photos, etc, chalkboard door, galvanized-look backsplash)
New water pump last October
New 6 volt batteries
Rain Gutters over door and slider window
Roof vents replace (with the exception of the Maxx Fan but resealed to Maxx Fan vent with Proflex)
Additional USB charging ports installed

We are currently in Texas and heading across the South to Florida, then the Carolinas and back across the central US to be back in CA at the end of May. If this looks interesting to you, PM me and we'll see if we can arrange a meeting.

Here are links to a few videos showing the trailer and upgrades!
Trailer Tour - https://youtu.be/FcIWxNwdXKI
Fridge Install - https://youtu.be/KZUvnl0KQ70
Interior Upgrades - https://youtu.be/Wm2X9_oYc7U

One other thing to think about - we really prefer the fiberglass because of the light weight. We looked at Casita and Scamp, but they have carpet on the walls inside (some owners refer to it as "rat fur!"). The Escape has a very durable (and cleanable!) vinyl on the inside which we preferred over the carpet. Others may not care, but the carpet was a big turn off for us.

Thanks for looking!
Sherm2954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21
CA
Just FYI, I don't think any 17' has a dry bath. even my Escape 21 has a wet bath. you close the lid on the toilet and the toilet seat stays dry.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #6

Name: Justus
Trailer: Shopping For Our 1st
Illinois
Not to worry fellas! Deborah purchased a Casita and has been asking lots of questions about using it in more recent posts.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:29 PM   #7

CA
Oops, I thought I updated this. Yes, purchased a 2015 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17. Haven't been camping yet, but super pleased because its small. Size will put me on Beach Row in my favorite campground. Beach Row has no hookups, so I've been learning about solar in case my battery won't last Fri noon to Sunday noon