Trailer: parkliner
Ohio
2018 Parkliner 16 foot

2018 Parkliner 16 foot Travel Trailer

Brand new never titled, never used.

Heavy duty fiberglass construction

Very well featured accessories including the following

200 watt Solar Panel with charge controller

2 235 AH deep cycle batteries, 45 amp 110 v charger/converterw/25 shore power cord

AM/FM Stereo w/ usb, DVD, Bluetooth, hdmi, in amp; outsidespeakers

21 TV on swivel mount, weather station w/atomic clock,multiple usb charging ports

2 20 propane cylinders, propane and CO detector, fireextinguisher

Air Conditioning, Furnace, thermostatic controlled vent fan

Microwave, 1.9 cu ft 110 v 12 v and gas fridge, 2 burnerstove, 2 Dinette s

6 gal. hot water heater with indoor control

Wet bath w/ceramic toilet 10 gal black water tank

LED lighting inside and out including stop, turn and park,electric brakes w/breakaway

Day/Night blinds, Sunbrella cushion covers on high qualitycushions.

12 foot awning, porch light, 110 v w/gfi

Stabilizer jacks in rear, bike rack receiver, spare tirewith cover

ST205/75/R14 tires on custom aluminum wheels.

84 wide, 8 9 high 16 long 6 5 interior head room, 2300

Can be towed by smaller cars, mini van or SUV

four four zero two eight nine five seven two three

19,999.00 delivery available at extra cost

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 2018 Parkliner 16 foot

mtdanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #2

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
the pictures appear to be taken with a fish eye lens. Makes everything look rounded instead of straight.
I don't care for the "inside a refrigerator" look. But the double hull is good.

Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:09 PM   #3

Name: Kathie
Trailer: Liberty Outdoors
Wisconsin
Question: how can you own a trailer without a title in your name? I would be interested in purchasing this but want to make sure I could title it in my name. Was this built without the decals? I do see the parkliner on the back tire. One more question: 10 gallon black tank but does this have a fresh water tank, grey and perhaps pictures of the storage/water fills etc on the outside? Thank you very much for your time
Ktytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktytravel View Post
Question: how can you own a trailer without a title in your name? I would be interested in purchasing this but want to make sure I could title it in my name. Was this built without the decals? I do see the parkliner on the back tire. One more question: 10 gallon black tank but does this have a fresh water tank, grey and perhaps pictures of the storage/water fills etc on the outside? Thank you very much for your time
It should have a "Manufacturers Statement of Origin" or "Certificate of Origin' provided with the unit. When it is registered with and licensed with a state, this MSO or CO would be surrendered and a title would be issued.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Question: how can you own a trailer without a title in your name? I would be interested in purchasing this but want to make sure I could title it in my name. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
It should have a "Manufacturers Statement of Origin" or "Certificate of Origin' provided with the unit. When it is registered with and licensed with a state, this MSO or CO would be surrendered and a title would be issued.
Agreed... if the original purchaser got the Manufacture's Certificate of Origin (MCO) but never registered it then you should be able to take the Certificate and get a title. But tread carefully here. I can see some potential problems such as a DMV that might not accept the certificate from a second owner or they might insist on property tax being paid for the period of time the trailer was owned but not titled. There might be a time limit to title the vehicle after purchase. In NC, the manual says:
..the application [for a title] shall be accompanied with a MCO (written in English), properly assigned to the applicant.

But note the phrase, "assigned to the applicant"... the original certificate would not be in your name.

I would get a copy of the original certificate of origin and take the copy to your DMV and make sure they will issue a title. I would do that before handing over any money to anyone.

You might well need to arrange for the current owner to obtain a valid title, and then transfer the title to you. But I dont know... the answer for North Carolina might be in this 353 page manual and of course YMMV in any other state or county.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #6

Wisconsin
Thank you. Never ran across anything like this before. Especially something almost 3 years old.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #7

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
In addition to title issues, I would also suspect that warrantee issues on the trailer and components might be compromised.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:25 PM   #8

Name: Adam
Trailer: Scamp
New Hampshire
Quote:
In addition to title issues, I would also suspect that warrantee issues on the trailer and components might be compromised.

Isn't Parkliner out of business? Hard to get warranty coverage from a company that doesn't exist. Which is too bad because I really like the layout of these trailers. They look very nice.
AdamNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #9

Name: Ethan
Trailer: 2019 Parkliner
New York
The new company that picked up Parkliner will back up the warranty. But may have ran out on this trailer. ? for seller. Last I saw this company has no plans for producing more Parkliners.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #10

Name: Ethan
Trailer: 2019 Parkliner
New York
Note : on July 24th,2019 , Xtreme Outdoors,LLC completed the acquisition of assets of Liberty Outdoors,LLC. Warranty claims on trailers sold earlier will be honored. Xtreme Outdoors Corporate 1519 Boettler Rd. Suite A Uniontown, Ohio 44685 Phone 877-545-4897 Just sharing Info.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #11

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
2018 Parkliner 16foot

Coach warranties are typically two years or less anyway. Not sure how that works since it was never placed in service. Appliance warranties are covered by their respective manufacturers and not affected by the Parkliner bankruptcy. Bottom line- especially given the price, which is substantially less than the original MSRP- Id personally have no qualms about purchasing this trailer if it otherwise met my requirements.

The title situation must be clarified, of course.

Youll own a very rare slice of molded history: a double-hull Parkliner.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:02 PM   #12

Wisconsin
I still have not heard back from the seller. I told him I was interested. Definitely need him to title the trailer so he can transfer the title and trailer on payment. Thanks to all
Old 10-18-2019, 05:40 PM   #13

Name: John
Ohio
I have a Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle and I am the dealer upon sale this certificate is used to obtain a title in any state that requires a title. This is the same thing that every car, motor cycle, trailer that requires a title, bus etc etc. Can you imagine Ford or GM having to title each vehicle then transfer each to a dealer then transfer to the end user!
Old 10-18-2019, 05:48 PM   #14

Ohio
Quote:
I have a Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle and I am the dealer upon sale this certificate is used to obtain a title in any state that requires a title. This is the same thing that every car, motor cycle, trailer that requires a title, bus etc etc.The unit has a 15 gallon fresh water tank, a 25 gallon grey tank and 10 gal gallon black water tank
Old 10-18-2019, 06:02 PM   #15

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdanet View Post
I have a Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle and I am the dealer upon sale this certificate is used to obtain a title in any state that requires a title. This is the same thing that every car, motor cycle, trailer that requires a title, bus etc etc.The unit has a 15 gallon fresh water tank, a 25 gallon grey tank and 10 gal gallon black water tank
If you look at picture 20 you will see the tank fill and shore water connector, you can also see the black and grey water dump valves. I have additional Parkliner graphics that I'll put wherever you want. I will repeat this is a BRAND NEW NEVER USED 2018 Parkliner there is nothing underhanded going on here, its a very nice trailer at a very good price. I am not the best keyboarder but if you want a longer reply please call me at the number in the ad. John
Old 10-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
Thank you. Never ran across anything like this before. Especially something almost 3 years old.
Its not 3 years old it is a new unit.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #17

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
If the seller registers / titles the trailer he probably will have to pay sales tax. Maybe that is why it has not been done.
Your correct! As the dealer I nor any other want to pay the sales tax to turn around sell it then the buyer who must pay sales tax again
Old 10-18-2019, 06:17 PM   #18

Ohio
Quote:
I still have not heard back from the seller. I told him I was interested. Definitely need him to title the trailer so he can transfer the title and trailer on payment. Thanks to all
I will be happy to title the unit in my name then transfer it to you as long as you agree to reimburse me the sales tax I will have to pay....John
Old 10-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #19

Ohio
Quote:
All warranty's will be honered by the respective companys just as if you went down to your local rv store and purchased a rv from them....John
Old 10-18-2019, 06:23 PM   #20

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
John,
You should be registered here as a "Commercial member" if you are a dealer and you'd have less ill-will if you had admitted that in the original post. Instead, at the top of the ad it says "Private Seller".