SOLD: Wanted: 17' or 19' Escape 15k/20k - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #1

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Wanted: 17' or 19' Escape 15k/20k

We are looking for an older but cared for Escape 17B or Escape 19 to take us on adventures for years to come. We have budgeted USD 15,000 for a 17B and 20,000 for a 19. While these aren't top dollar offers by any means, I have seen sales made for less. We'll consider something that has been repaired or has a rebuilt title; not interested in a trailer with a salvage title.

In addition to standard features, A/C or A/C prep is a necessity. It's only June and it's already getting disgustingly humid here.

I'd like to keep it within a day to day and a half's drive, 500 miles or so. Traveling to Canada is not a problem.

I visit this forum nearly every day to browse ads and read up on maintenance and problems with trailers, so if I haven't posted that a sale is pending, this want ad is still active.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Wanted: 17' or 19' Escape 15k/20k
Old 03-04-2019, 12:31 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
I have 2015 Casita 16' in storage and want to sell it

We just bought an Airstream, so we have a 2015 Casita in very good condition for sale. We aren't far from you (Hampshire, IL just west of Elgin). Give us a call, Tom and Debbie (contact info removed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus C View Post
I am posting this here as my ad did not transfer over from the forum.

I'm putting my hat in the ring for anyone who may have a trailer in storage or winterized, but is planning to sell in the spring. If you want to potentially arrange the sale now, please post or PM contact info. I would like to have a sale pending by April, but earlier works too.

We're looking for a Bigfoot 17', 17.5', or a well kept 19'; or an Escape 17B or 19. A single hull Bigfoot model numbers starting with 15 is preferable for the lower weight. Trailer should be within 1,000 miles of Chicago, as I can't take off more than 4 days at once, and this is the distance I can travel in that time. I can travel to Canada to pick up for trailers '95 and newer, please ensure a legible USDOT label/sticker for import purposes . Our ceiling is 15,000 USD and we are cash buyers.

I visit this forum nearly every day to browse ads and read up on maintenance and problems with trailers, so if I haven't posted that a sale is pending, this want ad is still active.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Wanted: Bigfoot or Escape 17/19 near Chicago
Old 03-04-2019, 12:32 AM   #3

Illinois
Chicago area Casita for sale.

We just bought an Airstream, so we have a 2015 Casita in very good condition for sale. We aren't far from you (Hampshire, IL just west of Elgin). Give us a call, Tom and Debbie (contact info removed)
Old 03-04-2019, 07:38 AM   #4

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moquin View Post
We just bought an Airstream, so we have a 2015 Casita in very good condition for sale. We aren't far from you (Hampshire, IL just west of Elgin). Give us a call, Tom and Debbie
Hi Tom and Debbie. Thanks for taking the time to offer your Casita. Casitas seem to be fine trailers with a strong following, but for now we're focused on finding an Escape or Bigfoot. If you don't mind, I'll hang on to your number and if we don't find something in the next couple months I may be in contact again to see if you've still got it.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Please see my recently posted ad for an Escape 19.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
Please see my recently posted ad for an Escape 19.
Thanks, but that is substantially outside our price range. Be sure to post on Escape forums, Escape Trailer Owners Community, and https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. Escapes never seem to last long once they go up there.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:46 PM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Budget is too low for an Escape. Finding a used one can be difficult and it will not be in the price range.

Bigfoots are really scarce but they have been made longer so if you can find one, an older model could fit within your budget.

Casita 17 in that price range is relatively common in comparison.

I applaud anyone that holds to a budget. A camping trailer is truly a discretionary item where hurting family finances is not prudent (IMHO).
Old 03-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #8

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Budget is too low for an Escape. Finding a used one can be difficult and it will not be in the price range.

Bigfoots are really scarce but they have been made longer so if you can find one, an older model could fit within your budget.

Casita 17 in that price range is relatively common in comparison.

I applaud anyone that holds to a budget. A camping trailer is truly a discretionary item where hurting family finances is not prudent (IMHO).
Bill, I agree that I won't see an Escape 19 in my range. That's included more for completeness and wishful thinking. In looking through sold ads, old Bigfoot 19s come up infrequently, but they do come up. Usually far, far away.

A 19' would be great for the extra room, but realistically I'm anticipating we'll end up with an early 2000s Bigfoot or Escape 17'. Many that have sold have been within our price range; it's just a matter of being the first one to say "I'll take it!" when one goes up for sale.

Two things that drive me crazy about the Casita: front bathroom and carpeted walls. I looked long and hard at the Spirit Deluxe because they are plentiful, good quality, and meet every other requirement, but ultimately the design and finish of Bigfoot and Escape won out.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #9

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I understand. We had a Casita 17 and those were two reasons we don’t have it anymore. One thing about FG trailers is that each brand and model has a different floor plan. The early 13 footers shared a pretty common layout. Otherwise, most FG trailers are pretty unique.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #10

Name: Desmond
Trailer: Escape
CA
Quote:

I'm putting my hat in the ring for anyone who may have a trailer in storage or winterized, but is planning to sell in the spring. If you want to potentially arrange the sale now, please post or PM contact info. I would like to have a sale pending by April, but earlier works too.

We're looking for a Bigfoot 17', 17.5', or a well kept 19'; or an Escape 17B. A single hull Bigfoot model, with model numbers starting with 15, is preferable for the lower weight. Trailer should be within 1,000 miles of Chicago, as I can't take off more than 4 days at once, and this is the distance I can travel in that time. I can travel to Canada to pick up, but for trailers '95 and newer, please ensure a legible USDOT label/sticker for import purposes . Our ceiling is 15,000 USD and we are cash buyers.

Contrary to what some of my posts say, I've had a change of heart and may consider a Casita 17 SD if you are within a few hours of Chicago. I'm especially interested in the couch/bunk option that I've recently learned is possible!

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Wanted: Bigfoot or Escape 17/19 near Chicago
Howdy from the South!
We have decided to transition to full-time rv living. In order to continue working and meet my obligations while on the road, we'll need a bigger space. We tow this with a 2015 Ford Explorer that has a 5000 lb tow capacity. The Explorer handles it with ease. We love this trailer and the ease of towing, parking, features, etc. but we need to go bigger.

So, we are offering our 2011 17B for sale - asking price is $17,500.

It has all the standard features of a 17B plus the following upgrades:
From factory
Air conditioner ready (reinforcing of roof to support weight and wiring, including breaker in power box) but no air conditioner (AC installed August 2018 by Escape)
3 burner stove
All LED lights
Tail lights above window
2” bike mount
Custom Formica finish (replaced with bamboo)
Window at stove (fixed pane - doesn't open)
Reinforced walls in wardrobe cabinet
Solar ready (but I’m not sure where the wires are)
Exterior shower
Additional 12V outlet
Extra insulation and dual pane windows
Storage box in front
Equalizer hitch

Added by previous owner:
110W portable solar using a Morningstar MPPT controller and BM-1 current monitor
Additional 12V outlet (including an external one)
Added additional LED light above dinette with a dimmer
Piezo starter for stove burners (no matches needed)
Baffling in fridge compartment for better cooling
Added shelves in wardrobe cabinet along with LED lighting
Accumulator at water pump
Replaced wire from battery to power converter box with #8 marine wire
New 15” tires and rims (including spare) in April 2017
LED on water heater to indicate heater is on (vs the existing light which indicates that it is igniting)

Recent upgrades by me:
New (last month) Dometic 3-way fridge
New AC installed at Escape in Chilliwack (frame recall work done at the same time)
Custom interior finishes including denim fabric, bamboo counters, galvanized panels for magnets, photos, etc, chalkboard door, galvanized-look backsplash)
New water pump last October
New 6 volt batteries
Rain Gutters over door and slider window
Roof vents replace (with the exception of the Maxx Fan but resealed to Maxx Fan vent with Proflex)
Additional USB charging ports installed

We are currently in Alabama and heading across the South to Florida, then the Carolinas and back across the central US to be back in CA at the end of May. If this looks interesting to you, PM me and we'll see if we can arrange a meeting.

Here are links to a few videos showing the trailer and upgrades!
Trailer Tour - https://youtu.be/FcIWxNwdXKI
Fridge Install - https://youtu.be/KZUvnl0KQ70
Interior Upgrades - https://youtu.be/Wm2X9_oYc7U

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:03 PM   #11

California
Thanks Sherm, still can't accomodate the price Wanted: Escape 17B - Escape Trailer Owners Community

I'm surprised you haven't had any solid offers on that yet. With camping season upon us I suspect it won't be much longer though.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:32 AM   #12

Name: Desmond
Trailer: Escape
CA
Quote:
Thanks Sherm, still can't accomodate the price Wanted: Escape 17B - Escape Trailer Owners Community

I'm surprised you haven't had any solid offers on that yet. With camping season upon us I suspect it won't be much longer though.
Hi! I didn't realize this was the same "wanted" from the Escape forum!
We have someone in SoCal who seems pretty serious as well as visits in some other states on the way. I expect that the next month will be the selling time as we come back across the states.
Take care.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:30 AM   #13

Name: Brian
Trailer: Bigfoot
WI
Quote:

We're looking for a Bigfoot 17', 17.5', or a well kept 19'; or an Escape 17B. A single hull Bigfoot model, with model numbers starting with 15, is preferable for the lower weight. Trailer should be within 1,000 miles of Chicago, as I can't take off more than 4 days at once, and this is the distance I can travel in that time. I can travel to Canada to pick up, but for trailers '95 and newer, please ensure a legible USDOT label/sticker for import purposes . Our ceiling is 15,000 USD and we are cash buyers.

Contrary to what some of my posts say, I've had a change of heart and may consider a Casita 17 SD if you are within a few hours of Chicago. I'm especially interested in the couch/bunk option that I've recently learned is possible!

Hi Justus C. I have a 2004 Bigfoot 2500 series. 21' for sale. Rear queen bed.
Comes with a $2600 Hensley Arrow anti sway hitch.
Asking $9500 or best offer.
I live in SE Wisconsin
Old 05-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #14

Illinois
Just added pictures of our Casita, please check it out
Tom and Debbie Moquin
Hampshire, IL
Old 06-01-2019, 07:51 PM   #15

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moquin View Post
Just added pictures of our Casita, please check it out
Tom and Debbie Moquin
Hampshire, IL
Tom, thanks for the offer. We've revised our ad (again)...just can't get past those carpeted walls!

We looked at a Bigfoot 17 today from a fellow forum member and sadly realized that it's not the right fit. It was a beautiful spacious trailer, but when placed side by side with an Escape, the huge height and width of the Bigfoot became obvious and as first time owners with a marginal TV, we just couldn't bring ourselves to take the jump. We were grateful that we made that decision as we drove our Highlander home in stop-and-go traffic through narrow construction zone lanes--it would have been 3 hours of white knuckles. However, Tony was kind enough to let us tour his new 17' Escape and we loved it.

As such, I have updated my Want post for the...4th time? I'll get it right eventually. I understand that my wants are a long shot based on the budget, but it is what it is. We remain at $15,000 for a 17B and have upped it to $20,000 for a 19.