2011 Escape 19 for sale
|When we ordered Aubergine, we got almost all the extras available at the time (except the audio), and have continually added to her, as options became available. However, our needs changed, so we bought a gigantic RV for fulltiming, and we are selling our petite Aubergine.
Aubergine is an excellent boondocking trailer she has:
- all the extra insulation & tinted thermal windows
- heat tape-wrapped tanks & valves, with sprayfoam insulation covering
- all LED lights, in & out
- extra 12v outlets in & out
- dual deep-cycle 6V batteries (new Aug 2013)
- hard-wired 95W solar panel on roof
- extra LED floodlights on all side
- extra LED tail lights
- vents throughout all cupboards
- extra access door by entrance
- extra exterior hatch
- front fibreglass storage box
- high lift axle
- mud flaps
- bike rack ready
- the newer Escape sewer hose holder no need to disconnect the cap!
- 2 Cyclone vent covers, over the grey and black vents, very helpful on hot days
- TV antenna with power amplifier
- outdoor shower
- 3-burner stove with cover
- range hood
- extra flip-up kitchen counter
- sink cover
- extra opening windows over sink & in bathroom
- Fantastic Fan (new motor 2012)
- cot-ready supports are installed in the walls, above benchseats
- 2 shelves in closet, plus drawer underneath
- custom fabric a fun 'hula girls with palm trees' motif
Aubergine also works nicely when on shore power:
- microwave removes easily to create extra shelf for boondocking
- Dometic air conditioner
- 2-way Dometic hot water tank
- 2-way 6.7cu ft Dometic fridge
- extra 110V outlets in & out
- TV-ready (we loved the swing arm so much, we removed it to put in our new trailer)
And, of course, all the standard Escape features: privacy blinds, sliding screen door, sliding table, awning, lots of storage, sturdy house-quality cupboard doors, dual propane tanks & cover, extra tire & cover, etc.
When Aubergine was being built, our neighbours had their RV stolen, so we also had a car-style alarm system installed, with internal motion and vibration sensors, door sensor, external status light, and according to Reace, a REALLY LOUD klaxon, which cannot be shut off just by cutting the battery wires. So, it's a good alarm for such a lightweight trailer no one would be able to winch Aubergine onto a flatbed without the whole neighbourhood knowing!
Aubergine has been lovingly & frequently used by our family of three, for almost 4 years none of that 'barely used' nonsense here! There are a few pen marks on the walls, scuff marks in the cupboards from cans, scuff marks in the fridge from jar labels, paint chipped inside bottom of oven. One of the couch cushions is wearing away at one corner, and we tossed out our mattress a recent quote from Escape was $375 for the mattress, $275 for the cover. So, install your own air/foam/real queen mattress, or order a replacement from Escape?
Aubergine has been kept clean & well maintained she was washed & waxed, with 303 treatment of all plastics, 3 times per year. Every inch of the interior was scrubbed down twice per year, and Aubergine took twice yearly Spa Days at the Escape factory, for maintenance and repairs. Repairs done at Escape since purchase: replaced bathroom vent, repaired toilet's fresh water intake, new caulking on sinks & drains, new batteries last year. We have also replaced the microwave, replaced the Fantastic Fan's motor, replaced the bathroom door lock, and replaced the fridge lock. Since Fall 2012, she has been plugged in for 6 months every winter, with a household dehumidifier going (important in this temperate rainforest), to keep interior humidity at 40% or less.
Aubergine is currently winterized (note the pink water line in the toilet picture), plugged in with her trusty Kenmore dehumidifier going, at an RV park in the Lower Mainland. She is a wonderfully sturdy boondocking queen, & another family would really enjoy her numerous assets. We originally paid $35 000 and have added $1 500 in Escape factory upgrades. We are asking $25 000 firm, please.
We both work full-time, so email works best for us.
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.