Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Modifications, Alterations and Updates (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Beachcomber renovation (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/beachcomber-renovation-30751.html)

Kevin242 09-10-2007 08:18 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Attachment 10000


Attachment 9996

Here are a couple of pictures of our reno'd 1978 Beachcomber. It was rough to start with the ugly, dark wood interior panelling, water damage from leaking roof vent and windows and a beat up exterior. Now it's got light panelling, recovered cushions and new curtains, oak cupboards and new paint. Brenda Novakovski took the pics...

Kevin & Angela
Waskesiu Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada

Bobbie Mayer 09-10-2007 08:28 AM

Wow, it looks great! Do you have more interior pictures?

Bobbie

Kevin242 09-10-2007 01:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Attachment 10006
[attachment=12426:atta
chment]
Attachment 10004


One before picture ( http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/st...default/22.gif ) and three interior shots ( http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/st...default/53.gif )...

Connie M. 09-10-2007 02:58 PM

Double WOW! Nice work. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/st...default/94.gif

CindyL 09-10-2007 03:27 PM

Wow! What a difference!

CindyL

ericmarlo 09-11-2007 08:25 PM

Kevin - EXCELLENT work. Just a quick question, Did you paint the wood paneling white and then sponge paint a light design on it or is that a wallpaper type covering?

Kevin242 09-12-2007 07:01 AM

Quote:

Just a quick question, Did you paint the wood paneling white and then sponge paint a light design on it or is that a wallpaper type covering?
It's a $16.00 pre-finished vinyl covered 4x8 wallboard purchased from a local building centre. I was careful when removing the old panelling so I could use each piece as a template when cutting the new panelling. It was installed with glue, brad nails and some screws (depending on location).

Gina D. 09-12-2007 08:44 AM

VERY nice Kevin!

The light interior makes a world of difference.

bonnie w 09-12-2007 11:22 AM

ericmarlo you have done an absolute superb job ! That panelling has given new life, and the appearance of a brand new trailer - very refreshing. Eric did you do your own upholstery ?

Kevin242 09-12-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

...you have done an absolute superb job ! That panelling has given new life, and the appearance of a brand new trailer - very refreshing. ...did you do your own upholstery ?
We took our original cushions to a place called "Lil' Country Upholstery" in Henribourg, Saskatchewan. Small town business with great service! She steamed the original foam to restore it's qualities and made new covers with automotive grade fabric. Cost was $275 for material, labour and new zippers for 6 cushions. Big city shops would have charged $750.00+ for this work and her quality was very good.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments.

Kevin

Devan Dickie 01-21-2008 01:49 PM

Kevin,
That looks great. I just gutted the interior of my '77 Beachcomber this weekend. It had been completely painted white, but there was water damage from the vent (I think thats the only place) - the ceiling panels had already been removed when I bought it.

How was the roof on your trailer? Mine has sagged (probably due to the fact that all of the supporting wood on the inside was rotten). I haven't quite decided how to approach repairing this bit yet, but I've got some ideas.

Did you re-use the cabinets or did you replace all of them as well?

Kevin242 04-13-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Kevin,
That looks great. I just gutted the interior of my '77 Beachcomber this weekend. It had been completely painted white, but there was water damage from the vent (I think thats the only place) - the ceiling panels had already been removed when I bought it.

How was the roof on your trailer? Mine has sagged (probably due to the fact that all of the supporting wood on the inside was rotten). I haven't quite decided how to approach repairing this bit yet, but I've got some ideas.

Did you re-use the cabinets or did you replace all of them as well?
Sorry about the delayed reply... I re-used the cabinet frames and just replaced the panelling. All except the closet. That I rebuilt. The ceiling on mine had sagged as well. I used an awning pole to brace the roof and then re-fiberglassed the supports in place. It helped.

Kevin

Dollard LeBlanc 05-17-2008 02:57 PM

Kevin, excellent job. I just bought a 1987, 15 FT Beachcomber trailer with a bathroom in last Friday. It's in getting safety inspected and check so I can transfer the plates. The inside is moldy and in ruff to fair shape. This gives me great idea how to redo the trailer. I'm looking for any other picture and suggestions as to what to do, or how to do it. If anyone reading this want to send me ideas or pictures, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dollard

J Joelson 05-19-2008 07:08 AM

Your Beachcomber looks great! Wow!!

We just bought a 76 Beachcomber and would love to do something similar but really don't even know where to start. Any advice you have would be great. We still have the dark brown interior that we would like to replace and the rear window needs to be replaced. Did you replace the windows yourself?

Jason


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.