Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Scamp Trailer upper cabinet metal supports... (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/scamp-trailer-upper-cabinet-metal-supports-34056.html)

Lynn L 06-29-2008 12:15 AM

Man are those squiggly things ugly! Do you think that I would be severely compromising the upper cabinets if I were to take those ugly metal squiggles down?? I don't plan on storing anvils in my upper cabinets- maybe some paper plates and a couple pots...

DanPatWork 06-29-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Man are those squiggly things ugly! Do you think that I would be severely compromising the upper cabinets if I were to take those ugly metal squiggles down?? I don't plan on storing anvils in my upper cabinets- maybe some paper plates and a couple pots...
they do transfer structural support for the roof through the cabinets. There have been several mods shown on the board that people have done to eliminate the metal support bars.

Donna D. 06-29-2008 07:38 AM

Change them to something you like. We've seen supports made of polished/varnished driftwood, framed stainglass, plexiglass, turned wood (like table legs), etc, etc. Use your imagination! This is something you can do to make the trailer uniquely your own.

james kent 06-29-2008 07:52 AM

Those ugly things are suposed to keep the side from collapsing outward and some had one at both ends of the counter but, our Boler had never had one right from the begining. To keep the support try adding a spice rack or make it into a towel bar. Build a frame and fill it with stained glass pannels to divide off the sleeping area. Your oppertunities are endless.

Alf S. 06-29-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Hi: Gee I thought wrought iron and plaid was all the rage :roflol
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie :wave
p.s. headin' for "Emily" tommorow!!!

Ed Harris 06-29-2008 08:16 AM

Oddly enough my 16' does not have the supports?
I have spoken to Scamp about it and they offered nothing in the way of explaining why they install them sometimes and do not other times.

Kinda makes you wonder?

On the street side mine has a fiberglass part wall dividing the big dinette from the side dinette but on the sink side ,nothing.

I certainly don't know.

Nancy 06-29-2008 10:20 AM

On new Scamps they are white and are not nearly as objectionable to me. If yours are black try painting them white and see if they still bother you so much.

I have clothespins on them and hang wet wipes from the kitchen. Clip a small reading light on them. Be creative.

Nancy