Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   I love this one! (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/i-love-this-one-41305.html)

Camilla 02-23-2010 07:25 PM

Should be Mine

Donna D. 02-23-2010 07:37 PM

ooooh cool! Then I noticed the seller's location. Probably fairly standard fare there. But, thanks for sharing!!!

Raya 02-23-2010 08:23 PM

Even in the UK, I think there are only supposed to be about a half dozen in existence. I don't think they made many of the Vogues to begin with. Aren't they just so cool though?! I would love one. Might have to give up my square car though :laugh

Sandra Lair 02-23-2010 11:09 PM

I love it! It looks like it came from outer space. Imagine pullling into a campground in the US towing one of these! :steer

Sandra

SherryNPaul 02-24-2010 08:44 PM

That little Wiillerby is my favorite trailer of all time...
I see the reserve was not met. Not a surprise.
Beautiful little rv. I wonder if any of them ever made it stateside?

charliej 02-24-2010 08:59 PM

It is beautiful.

It would be funny though with the door on the street side !!

I imagine if there are any sewer/graywater valves you'd have to pull in backwards to dump as well.

Truly beautiful though.......

james kent 02-25-2010 08:48 AM

That works out to almost $6000 CDN.

Bobbie Mayer 02-25-2010 08:51 AM

I love the big windows.

I wonder what the economics of going to Europe and buying a car AND a caravan and bringing them back would be? I remember when that was not a bad way of getting a Volkswagon Camper van.

Lizbeth 02-25-2010 12:00 PM

I don't think the shipping would be bad. I remember when Lex and Rita shipped their car and camper over it seemed reasonable to me and I'm a cheap scape.

Where you would run into red tape is the importing of the units. DOT standards...blah, blah, blah!

Raya 02-25-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Where you would run into red tape is the importing of the units. DOT standards...blah, blah, blah!
Possibly not though. I imported my Boler from Canada, and because it was over 25 years old and non-motorized, there was little interest/rules about standards (beyond basic roadworthyness, I suppose, although there were no specific checks for that, either, in my case).

I did have to fill out paperwork (several forms), and had to have the trailer officially "imported," but it was not at all difficult or demanding.

Since the Willerby was built in the '50s, it's over 25 years old.

Of course there may be additional steps with importation via ship, and also I may have had it easier due to NAFTA; I'm just saying that there *may* not be major red-tape issues. It's at least worth checking into if someone is really interested.

Raya

Ken C 02-25-2010 01:17 PM

wow barn style spit door. I have only seen those on a hi-lo before.

Lizbeth 02-25-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Possibly not though. I imported my Boler from Canada, and because it was over 25 years old and non-motorized, there was little interest/rules about standards (beyond basic roadworthyness, I suppose, although there were no specific checks for that, either, in my case).

I did have to fill out paperwork (several forms), and had to have the trailer officially "imported," but it was not at all difficult or demanding.

Since the Willerby was built in the '50s, it's over 25 years old.

Of course there may be additional steps with importation via ship, and also I may have had it easier due to NAFTA; I'm just saying that there *may* not be major red-tape issues. It's at least worth checking into if someone is really interested.

Raya
Yep, that over 25 year old thing. About the time we retire we should be able to get our dream double axle 5th wheel across the boarder with no hassle!

I wonder if the 25 year rule applies to all import or just from Canada? I know I must have read the info but don't recall.

Palmer M 02-26-2010 10:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a few Willerby photos I came across on the Web a couple of years ago. It is a beautiful little trailer!
P

Attachment 26502
[attachment=31346:Willerby1__Medium_.jpg
]
Attachment 26504
[attachment=31348:Willerby..._Medium_.
JPG]