Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Need to Hook Up? (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/need-to-hook-up-41402.html)

Roy in TO 03-06-2010 01:19 PM

Over the years I've seen a number of trailers get transfered from owner to owner. Many times I've seen people wanting a trailer but it is just too far to be able to pick up. I'm hoping that by starting this thread it will give people a place to post their needs and possibly connect.

If someone is buying or selling a trailer over a distance, chances of someone travelling a distance without a trailer behind them are pretty high. Why not help each other out? I'd suggest posting general locations and time frames, for example:

Tow wanted NE Texas to SW Ontario
2700 Lbs with e-brakes
Can meet up in the US to avoid border issues.
Like to have by July 20XX if possible but flexible.

Jake 03-06-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Over the years I've seen a number of trailers get transfered from owner to owner. Many times I've seen people wanting a trailer but it is just too far to be able to pick up. I'm hoping that by starting this thread it will give people a place to post their needs and possibly connect.

If someone is buying or selling a trailer over a distance, chances of someone travelling a distance without a trailer behind them are pretty high. Why not help each other out? I'd suggest posting general locations and time frames, for example:

Tow wanted NE Texas to SW Ontario
2700 Lbs with e-brakes
Can meet up in the US to avoid border issues.
Like to have by July 20XX if possible but flexible.
That's a Great idea Roy!

Perhaps there can be a new category added to the Forums section,
"Pick-up & Delivery, Private"
even add "will pay Gas, and a Bonus, for a timely delivery"?

I am still looking for my Egg, and the majority of the time, the great deals
or even available trailers seem to be in the Southern US.
For many, it is just the time involved to make the round trip, to pick
it up.

Great suggestion,
Cheers, Jake.

Lee Senn 03-06-2010 04:44 PM

Roy I think this is a great idea and a good way for us to help those wanting to join the "egg" community !! I would suggest we title it something other than "need to hook up". Using that heading we might get more responses than E Harmony.com on a busy day, perhaps enough to crash the system !! Lee

Lynn Musgrave 03-06-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Roy I think this is a great idea and a good way for us to help those wanting to join the "egg" community !! I would suggest we title it something other than "need to hook up". Using that heading we might get more responses than E Harmony.com on a busy day, perhaps enough to crash the system !! Lee
This Topic sounds like a very good one ...might I suggest... Tows - Wanted and Available..or how about ... Need Help To Move It....

I feel sure that some others will come up with some good suggestions too

Lynn

Ian-Vicki 03-06-2010 07:30 PM

I like the idea, but I'm not a lawyer. Any liability issues in this?
cheers
Ian

Roy in TO 03-06-2010 07:58 PM

All good responses!

I asked a moderator before posting thinking an area in the For Sale area might be appropriate where: Wanted or Available, locations and dates could all be accomodated in the subject lines. The response was that the Problem Solving - Owners Helping Owners might be the most appropriate.
As for my subject line, I wanted something that would catch everyones attention and be memorable.

There is a good possibilty I may need a tow from central California to the lower Great Lakes region this summer. A small FG 5th weighing in at about 2700 Lbs. I'm hoping that it can be loaded on a car hauler if needed to be towed by a regular hitch. Any one availble?