Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Source for weep hole covers (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/source-for-weep-hole-covers-41941.html)

Pamela S. 04-27-2010 06:41 PM

Where can I order them?

Dana T 04-28-2010 10:36 AM

Look here:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...st&p=246619

Frederick L. Simson has a Fiber Stream and answered this question before...

Pamela S. 04-28-2010 07:01 PM

They must have changed their website. I can't find the part.

Donna D. 04-28-2010 07:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't have a clue as the brandname of the windows used on the Fiberstreams, but this site: Pelland Enterprises - Window Parts page has these:

Attachment 27730

On edit: here's another site with more: Atwood weep hole covers

Frederick L. Simson 04-28-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

They must have changed their website. I can't find the part.
:omy They did change. The Fiber Stream has "Kinro" windows, and the 3/4" weep hole covers were "Kinro" parts.
It looks like "All-Rite" only carries "Hehr" window weep hole covers now. :weep Those are the wrong size! :helpme

Donna D. 04-28-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

:omy They did change. The Fiber Stream has "Kinro" windows, and the 3/4" weep hole covers were "Kinro" parts.
It looks like "All-Rite" only carries "Hehr" window weep hole covers now. :weep Those are the wrong size! :helpme
Frederick, the first link I posted and the third picture on the right are for a Kinro window.... would that one fit??

Frederick L. Simson 04-28-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

...the third picture on the right are for a Kinro window.... would that one fit??
:chin It might... but I would call to confirm that the width is 3/4" because the Pelland parts page does not include the measurement.
The originals are 3/4" wide and 3/4" tall. If the ones in the picture are 3/4" wide they'd be only 3/8" high... enough to just cover the weep hole, but without the deep vent channel. :shg

Donna D. 04-28-2010 08:03 PM

Well then, how about dealing direct with the manufacturer? Kinro RV Windows

:shg

Bonnie 04-29-2010 05:46 AM

Color me a dork, but what exactly do weep hole covers provide? I know they cover weep holes. :) The PP has weep holes and no covers, should I be looking for them?

Frederick L. Simson 04-29-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

What exactly do weep hole covers provide?
They provide a baffle against wind intrusion.
(Think c-cold night and you're sitting right in front of the closed window wondering where that draft is coming from?)

Lee Senn 04-29-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Color me a dork, but what exactly do weep hole covers provide? I know they cover weep holes. :) The PP has weep holes and no covers, should I be looking for them?
Bonnie Thanks so much for asking your question ! I too was wanting to know what purpose weep hole covers provide but had been reluctant to display my ignorance. I was just about to wade in anyway when you beat me to it. Do you remove the covers when the weather warms up ? If you fail to remember to remove them ( almost guaranteed with my memory or lack thereof ) do the widows then leak gallons of water into the trailer when the next rainstorm comes ? Lee

Victor Benz 04-29-2010 01:30 PM

I have a Fiber Stream, with weephole covers. I always thought they were to prevent water intrusion during towing in the rain, and to help limit access those pesky skeeters and other insects. They are installed with the vent down

Vic

Roy in TO 04-29-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Color me a dork
I guess I had better join that club too!
Maybe I'll go weep hole cover hunting at the next meet.

Pamela S. 04-29-2010 05:58 PM

I have emailed the manufacturer. I will let everyone know what kind of response I get.

LukeP 05-04-2010 07:10 PM

This has been an interesting read - and I'm glad I'm not the only one left questioning! I'm wondering where the weep holes are on a boler window (2 crank open "panes")? In a good rainstorm, one window leaks inside - water dripping off the actual frame on each side. The outside of the window has been caulked by the previous owner and looks to be sealed fine - so I've been a bit stumped. Maybe this is part of my issue - or does my window assembly have weep holes?

Thanks for any help!