Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Surfside table size (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/surfside-table-size-45394.html)

alan in alberta 03-13-2011 06:18 PM

Surfside table size

Hi All

I am hoping someone out there will be able to help me.
We purchased a 75 Surfside front kitchen and the table was discarded and a poor substitue put in its place.
If you could send me the dimensions of the original table i would greatly appreciate it.
Pictures would be great too.

We are excited to have this little Egg Camper but it seems it is going to take quite bit of work to rescue her. ( she does not have a name yet)
:)

alan

Scott S. 03-14-2011 09:33 PM

mine's in 2 parts. trailer is buried at the moment but I may be able to get into it on he weekend and measure for you. mine also has wood runners that I don't think are stock items, they work great though

also made a smaller round table for cocktail hour

alan in alberta 03-15-2011 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott S. (Post 240373)
mine's in 2 parts. trailer is buried at the moment but I may be able to get into it on he weekend and measure for you. mine also has wood runners that I don't think are stock items, they work great though

also made a smaller round table for cocktail hour

That would be great because the the one that I got with e trailer is quite bad

With the amount of snow here I think it will be a while before we go camping so no rush

Alan

alan in alberta 04-26-2011 10:04 AM

hi scott

if i could ask a few questions .... maybe several....now and then i would greatly appreciate it

is your back window louvered?
is your battery inside under the fridge

Alan

Scott S. 04-26-2011 09:31 PM

my back window has two louvers and yes, my battery is inside in the closet. my converter doesn't charge so it makes it easier to hook up a small automatic charger. attached the facebook album if you're interested. I'll have to measure the table too but as you can see, I added wood to the edges for better strength.

hope this helps Adam

Scott

Facebook

is your back window louvered?
is your battery inside under the fridge

Alan[/QUOTE]

rgrugg 04-27-2011 07:22 AM

FYI...a Surfside is NOT an Egg Camper. An Egg Camper is a specific trailer brand manufactured in Grandville, Michigan. I guess you could say you have an egg camper (no capital letters) or an egg. We're proud new owners of an Egg Camper but have yet yo use it. Appointments and weather. ARRRGGGHH!

Donna D. 04-29-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgrugg (Post 246906)
FYI...a Surfside is NOT an Egg Camper.

Actually it is an Egg Camper. Bob you have an Eggcamper (one word, lowercase "C"): Eggcamper website ;)

Greg H 04-29-2011 07:50 PM

Which came first, the egg or the Eggcamper? We know the real answer.

Donna D. 04-29-2011 07:55 PM

Probably this one. It was called an "Egg" as the brandname: The Egg :loltu

Scott S. 04-29-2011 09:44 PM

didn't Eggcamper get it's name from this site? I'm pretty the term was around longer than tha company. Bolers have been called Eggs for years haven't they?

alan in alberta 04-30-2011 10:01 AM

Sorry about the egg reference.... soon we will just refer to her by name but so far we have not been able to pin down the the perfect one.

maybe i should start a thread and see which ones have been used already

Greg H 04-30-2011 01:27 PM

That's what we need, a list of available egg names.

Francesca Knowles 04-30-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg H (Post 247536)
That's what we need, a list of available egg names.

Isn't yours named Gregg? :)

Francesca

Rob vanNostrand 05-01-2011 06:34 AM

Did you get your dimensions? I have a 1977 Surfside that I could measure if you want.

alan in alberta 05-01-2011 09:15 AM

Did you get your dimensions? I have a 1977 Surfside that I could measure if you want.

Hi Rob

i think Scott is on it however if you have a front kitchen i would appreciate your measurement too

i finally figured out the bed dosen't use the table on the big or small bed so it is not so critical now. My social co-ordinator has plans to head out for a few days on our maiden voyage next week so i am going to be busy this week.( new table top is one project)

Wow Canada is covered in Surfsides right from the far east to the left coast

Alan