Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Egads! (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/egads-48237.html)

Angie2B 09-02-2011 03:05 AM

Egads!

So we brought the Compact JR home Sunday. I have been cleaning 40 years of dirt out of the cabinets. I washed the cute little curtains that matched the cushions...they disintergrated.:o Yesterday we went out and looked at the camper and it has a flat tire!:eek: My husband checked out the battery, it needs replaced. When I took it to get plated, it took an 1 1/2 hours because they couldn't find the make in the computer and had to call downtown and have "Compact Junior" added. I think it ended up being in the "Pop up" section instead of "travel trailer" section. I was afraid my husband would start given me the stink eye because he had wanted a new camper and I told him I wanted this one instead, but this one is growing on him. We are both really enjoying it, warts and all. On a good note, we were told the refridgerator didn't work on electricity, but it does. It just takes a long while to cool off. We have so much work to do on it, but I think when we get it all done it is going to be super cool. I just have to think of a name for it. My husband has started calling it BORT. Which I refuse to call my little baby BORT, because one of my husbands favorite movies is "RV". Anyone care to guess what BORT stands for?

Donna D. 09-02-2011 05:42 AM

Hi Angie, these things do grow on us don't they! The curtains are a simple and fairly inexpensive fix... go with a theme.. or not. Everything from beach towels to sheets to fancy fabric can be used.

Please post pictures when you can. :yep

BORT... hummm, the replies should be interesting!

CindyL 09-02-2011 05:49 AM

Big Old Rolling Tu..d. Am I right? I kind of remember them calling the RV in that movie something related to the last 2 words.

If so, shouldn't it be LORT? :D

Be glad the curtains fell apart. Now you get to make it all yours. As Donna said, theme.

Welcome.

CindyL

Terry G 09-02-2011 08:36 AM

BORT? How about Buy Or Repair This.

Angie2B 09-02-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyL (Post 267988)
Big Old Rolling Tu..d. Am I right? I kind of remember them calling the RV in that movie something related to the last 2 words.

If so, shouldn't it be LORT? :D

Be glad the curtains fell apart. Now you get to make it all yours. As Donna said, theme.

Welcome.

CindyL

Yep You guessed it! LOL! I think you are right about the Lort though! :loltu

Angie2B 09-02-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry G (Post 268007)
BORT? How about Buy Or Repair This.

I like that!! I will share that with my Hubby.!

Vickie B. 09-02-2011 11:01 AM

I LOVE the names LORT and BORT---makes me want to buy another one---just so I can name it that!

Kevin K 09-02-2011 11:12 AM

Beautiful Old Restored Trailer

CindyL 09-02-2011 02:40 PM

So, the inside should be decorated in browns? :D

Sorry, I will go to my corner.

CindyL

Angie2B 09-02-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyl (Post 268088)
so, the inside should be decorated in browns? :d

sorry, i will go to my corner.

Cindyl

lol!

Mike Magee 09-02-2011 06:31 PM

Just leave the porta potti valve open and the scent will soon fit the LORT to a T ... :pth

CindyL 09-02-2011 06:39 PM

:floor

Gotta paint the outside to match too, you know.

CindyL

Carol H 09-03-2011 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You can get a plate from the Simpson's with BORT on it.

Keith Williams 09-03-2011 06:02 AM

Hey Angie, it's too bad you don't have a Tow Vehicle like mine. It would be so apropriate to pull your "BORT".

2007 Toyota Tacoma "TRD" Sport. In, fact, I'm thinking of naming my Casita "BRD", so then I could be "TRD-BRD".:D

EKW