Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Modifications, Alterations and Updates (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   added awning,table,step (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/added-awning-table-step-48355.html)

garycoughlin 09-11-2011 01:40 PM

added awning,table,step

1 Attachment(s)
Added an awning. went with a 7 ft.shademaker but did not care if it was over the door cause if it rains you take it down anyway. Also did not want to unzip the screenroom everytime you go in the camper. Added a table to eat and for the tv, plus added a step for the door. ooops also changed to led tailights.

Chuck H 09-11-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garycoughlin (Post 269163)
Added an awning. went with a 7 ft.shademaker but did not care if it was over the door cause if it rains you take it down anyway. Also did not want to unzip the screenroom everytime you go in the camper. Added a table to eat and for the tv, plus added a step for the door. ooops also changed to led tailights.

What kind of hot rod is that I see peeking out of garage?

Donna D. 09-11-2011 06:09 PM

:loltu Chuck, I was going to ask too... glad you beat me to the punch.

Nice work Gary. I can see your point about the awning and screen room. Hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it!

garycoughlin 09-11-2011 06:10 PM

It's a 34 ford 3 window.

Don N 09-11-2011 08:10 PM

Need a pickup street rod Gary for the 5th wheeler.

garycoughlin 09-12-2011 07:40 AM

no more room in the shed

Pam Garlow 09-13-2011 06:58 PM

Can I see a closer picture of the table setup please??

garycoughlin 09-14-2011 06:03 PM

My camper is in a buddies barn so can't get pics right now, but the bracket that I rivited to camper is from dyers rv parts on the web, part #29343 and the adjustable leg is from the same place #30283. I purchased a plastic top for the table but am thinking about making another out of plywood as it is not as strong as I would like.

Lynn Musgrave 09-14-2011 07:02 PM

Like your set up ...even the table. Could you just add some cross bars ( or something) to the under side to give it more support? Just throwing out some ideas

Of course we tend to like wood the best and you could alwas put an epoxy coat on top of wood.

Happy Camping and have Lots of Fun......Lynn

garycoughlin 09-14-2011 08:23 PM

We have not tried the table yet. Maybe its okay.

garycoughlin 09-14-2011 08:32 PM

My next thing is to make a cover for the fridge vent so there is no chance of mice getting in, as I park it in a barn. Making it out of vinyl and velcro

Donna D. 09-15-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garycoughlin (Post 269698)
My next thing is to make a cover for the fridge vent so there is no chance of mice getting in, as I park it in a barn. Making it out of vinyl and velcro

Gary, I had some friends that always travel with a piece of thin plastic mounted to the back side of all the hatches with vents. They were having water intrusion problems when driving in the rain. It should work equally well for mice. They made everything out of bendable cutting boards they bought at the dollar store. May be less chewable than vinyl too.

honda03842 09-16-2011 05:35 AM

Mice Protection

We simply keep a box of Decon under a cabinet area. In 11 years we've never had a mouse problem. They may get in but they do not hang around.

We also have screening on the back of all vents.

Lynn Musgrave 09-16-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garycoughlin (Post 269698)

We put brass screen wire behind all of our vents,cut it to fit the vent glued it in with that "ugly S word"( you know comes in a tube )

I think I might worry that mice would eat the vinyl & OR velcro.If not eat thru it just be able to push it up enough to still get in.

I would take pictures for you but camper is in storage right now.

Happy Camping......Lynn