Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Hi, I am.... (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f91/)
-   -   Old Casita owner (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f91/old-casita-owner-48359.html)

1 Timothy 09-11-2011 04:38 PM

Old Casita owner

Hi. I'm new to the forum.
I bought a new Casita back in '86 and we loved it. Life happened and it got parked at the edge of the woods. Now we've pulled it out and want to restore it. I'll appreciate all the help from anyone who has been there, done that. Tim

Donna D. 09-11-2011 04:50 PM

Hi Tim, welcome to FiberglassRV. We have a number of members who've been there... done that. I'm sure you'll get lots of help with your questions.

:wave

Greg H 09-11-2011 05:29 PM

Welcome, the easy part is already done, you didn't have to search for your trailer. Pittboro where?

1 Timothy 09-11-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg H (Post 269206)
Welcome, the easy part is already done, you didn't have to search for your trailer. Pittboro where?

North Carolina - just below Chapel Hill.
Well, yes, I have the trailer and I put new tires on it after sandblasting the wheels. But nothing works, fridge, potty, HW heater. i think it will all have to be replaced.

Greg H 09-11-2011 05:45 PM

Well that's awesome, if that stuff doesn't work you can start from scratch and do everything the way you want it. Pittsboro, Nc. I've been there. Love NC. I was thinking Pittsboro, In.

1 Timothy 09-11-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg H (Post 269213)
Well that's awesome, if that stuff doesn't work you can start from scratch and do everything the way you want it. Pittsboro, Nc. I've been there. Love NC. I was thinking Pittsboro, In.

Thanx for the encouragement! The good thing is it has never leaked.
You make the idea of replacing things so positive! I was looking at it as a big negative.

Herb Sutton 10-19-2011 11:02 PM

Just south of Savannah on US 17 there used to be a bus that had sat there for years. A tree had grown up between the bumper and the body. I hope you didn't have that problem.

Green Frog 10-20-2011 10:47 AM

Hi Tim, and welcome!

You are in a somewhat unusual position in that although your camper hasn't been used for a while and needs some reno, you have had it since before it's "hibernation" and know where it's been and what has happened to it... most of us come to the party late with our respective project trailers.

Is the potty plumbed in, or a Port-a-pottie? If the latter, replacement with a newer generation is easy! Likewise, the refrigerators available now will probably be more efficient than those of 25 years ago. If there were no significant leaks and the floor is still solid, the rest of the story is so much easier! :D

I'm up North of you in Central VA, but my 83 Burro project involves replacing just about everything that isn't built in or glassed in. I'm getting ready to tackle all the wiring (12 V and 110) next. :eek: Keep us informed of your progress... it will encourage the rest of us. :reye2

Froggie

monasimpson 11-09-2011 11:01 AM

You Can Do It, Too

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 Timothy (Post 269187)
Hi. I'm new to the forum.
I bought a new Casita back in '86 and we loved it. Life happened and it got parked at the edge of the woods. Now we've pulled it out and want to restore it. I'll appreciate all the help from anyone who has been there, done that. Tim

Of course, I had alot of help. I bought a 1990 16 Casita in 2009 and began to gut it and build back with dependable and sweet smelling re-fittings.

Check out 1990 Casita Redo, about mid-February 2011. It turned out to be a costly, but worthwhile project. It was accomplished by Aero Paradise, LLC. They normally rebuild aircraft interiors. I am very happy with what happened! Clean, functional and attractive.

Mona