Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Modifications, Alterations and Updates (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   boring...tv mount, stove hood out (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/boring-tv-mount-stove-hood-out-50442.html)

sfoss 03-04-2012 11:22 AM

boring...tv mount, stove hood out

3 Attachment(s)
TV mount is in, i hope it works ok, feels very sturdy and looks nice. It covered holes that were there before and that was the main goal. I hope it warms up so we can actually put the tv in there. The stove hood fan and light didn't work so we pulled that out and replaced it with a vent. Some day we may put in a fan to exaust the fumes if nessisary.

Eddie Longest 03-04-2012 12:26 PM

Where did you buy the mount from?
Eddie

cpaharley2008 03-04-2012 12:28 PM

Nice job, you may want to flip that vent cover so that the fins point down and less of a view of the exterior. Look at the little side vent in the picture to see which way it is orientated. In addition you can still get benefit and operate the outside opening, the vent will just be a passive one.

sfoss 03-04-2012 12:36 PM

amazon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Longest (Post 292167)
Where did you buy the mount from?
Eddie

Look on Amazon, Ed Harris sent me a link to the exact one he had in there but it was discontinued so I found one fairly similar. It is a premier mount. And we used an extra piece of wood on the inside of the cupboard to make sure it was good and sturdy. It is a flip down. Hope you find what you are looking for. If you find it i think they had silver and black. Black one was 4 $ cheeper.

sfoss 03-04-2012 12:37 PM

Yes, i noticed that too....

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (Post 292168)
Nice job, you may want to flip that vent cover so that the fins point down and less of a view of the exterior. Look at the little side vent in the picture to see which way it is orientated. In addition you can still get benefit and operate the outside opening, the vent will just be a passive one.

When i was taking a pic of it i noticed how well we can see thru to the vent. Thanks, will do!:D

Bonnie and Claude 09-21-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfoss (Post 292156)
TV mount is in, i hope it works ok, feels very sturdy and looks nice. It covered holes that were there before and that was the main goal. I hope it warms up so we can actually put the tv in there. The stove hood fan and light didn't work so we pulled that out and replaced it with a vent. Some day we may put in a fan to exaust the fumes if nessisary.

We don't have a cabinet or shelf to attach a TV ceiling mount to so we're thinking of using a similar TV mount turned upside down and screwed into the 'new' wood frame/topped front dinette seat as far back in the corner as we can get it. Do you think it would work?

We leave our LCD TV in our stationary Golden Falcon all winter long. Wondering why you're waiting for it to warm up? The only caveat is that we need to have the inside warmed to room temperature a few hours before we use it.