Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Looking for Help Near Ottawa (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/looking-for-help-near-ottawa-54537.html)

bondgirl1020 09-21-2012 10:04 PM

Looking for Help Near Ottawa

Our 1982 Boler is in need of some repair. While still excited at the prospect of having project to work on, my limited knowledge and skills have left me feeling a little overwhelmed.

I've read several posts and have come to the conclusion that our egg suffers from a sagging door. The bottom right sticks out and there is a crack on the top right.

Would anyone be able to refer someone that would either be able to fix this? Or help us do so?

We're situated near Wakefield but are able and willing to go to Ottawa or even around Pembroke.

Raz 09-22-2012 04:20 AM

Hello Maisie and welcome. A gentleman named Paul Neumeister is often mentioned for parts and service of old eggs. I have had no personal experience with him but those that have always say good things. Here is his web site. Good luck, Raz

Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister

Bonnie n Claude 09-23-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondgirl1020 (Post 335080)
Our 1982 Boler is in need of some repair. While still excited at the prospect of having project to work on, my limited knowledge and skills have left me feeling a little overwhelmed...Would anyone be able to refer someone that would either be able to fix this? Or help us do so?

Maisie, I sent a message to our trailer repairman and copied you on it. He used to work for a trailer manufacturer and has been taking care of our Golden Falcon for over a decade as well as countless other trailers in the campground where it is parked. If I don't receive an email response from him, I will ask him if he knows of anyone when we go to pick ours up next week. Others may know of someone willing to do the work closer to Wakefield than Cobden.

Good luck!

bondgirl1020 09-23-2012 01:28 PM

Worth a try

Quote:

Originally Posted by P. Raz (Post 335096)
Hello Maisie and welcome. A gentleman named Paul Neumeister is often mentioned for parts and service of old eggs. I have had no personal experience with him but those that have always say good things. Here is his web site. Good luck, Raz

Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister

Thanks Raz!

Mr.Neumeister is some distance away but I'll give him a call. He might have a contact closer to home.

I appreciate your help!

Maisie

TBirdy 07-29-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie and Claude (Post 335377)
Maisie, I sent a message to our trailer repairman and copied you on it. He used to work for a trailer manufacturer and has been taking care of our Golden Falcon for over a decade as well as countless other trailers in the campground where it is parked. If I don't receive an email response from him, I will ask him if he knows of anyone when we go to pick ours up next week. Others may know of someone willing to do the work closer to Wakefield than Cobden.

Good luck!

I'd love to hear about the trailer service contact in Cobden. I'm also in Ottawa and needing a few repairs done on an old boler. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Des Nolan 07-29-2014 09:05 AM

Hi Maisie,

I just sent you a pm for possible assistance with your Boler. Welcome aboard.

Des

TBirdy 07-29-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des Nolan (Post 473103)
Hi Maisie,

I just sent you a pm for possible assistance with your Boler. Welcome aboard.

Des

Des, note that this was an old chain of communications that Maisie started years ago, I had just wondered the same things (since I'm a new Boler owner in Ottawa). Any suggestions on servicing places appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Graham B 07-29-2014 06:13 PM

What do you need help with?

Des Nolan 07-30-2014 07:38 AM

TBirdy, you're right! I totally missed the date on that post! Watch for pm, Des.

TBirdy 07-30-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham B (Post 473226)
What do you need help with?

Graham,

We've a bunch of issues, I think an RV place could look at several of them. I'd like to do as much as possible myself but numbers 1,7,9 are really the only ones I feel competent doing! Any advice or service recommendations appreciated! We are in. Ottawa, Ontario. Thanks so much.

1. Front and read window leak (just a trickle) where the seems don't quite meet. (I just posted separately on this issue)
2. I'd like to have the frame and axel checked out again, the vendor did this and I think they are ok. But just want a second opinion.
3. our hitch coupler locks on the ball, but there is no way to safety it so the coupler doesn't pop up. There is only one safety chain.
4. our exterior lights don't work properly. Can't get signal lights to signal properly. I think it's a ground issue.
5. would like to investigate wiring to a battery which I don't think has ever been done
6. no spare tire or mount for one (not sure if something can be welded to the frame somewhere for this)
7. The seal tape all over the inside of the Boler (on the insulation seams) is falling off a bit. It's still in good shape but I don't know what to use to re-adhere it.
8. Would like to have the propane line checked and the functioning of the stove and heater. Deciding whether to remove them or not...
9. Foam cushions are in good enough shape but I need to recover them and make curtains too!!

Pheuf!
At least there is no sagging, molding, or even much wear that we can see. They didn't cook in it or use it much and it was stored indoors for at least the last 25 years.
Very exciting.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV