Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Oliver Travel Trailers production to resume (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/oliver-travel-trailers-production-to-resume-56770.html)

Ken C 02-25-2013 01:19 PM

Oliver 2013

hellsbay,
Do you know if they have started yet to be here this spring or summer season? Thanks.

Originally Posted by hellsbay 11-07-2012
"....I just came back from the Oliver factory where they replaced my 3500# axel for a new 5200# axel at no charge to me. They are talking about making Olivers again sometime next year....."

Pete 03-01-2013 07:40 PM

Oliver Travel Trailers production to resume

I spoke with one of the managers at Oliver Travel Trailers today and he told me they would be resuming production of trailers with the first deliveries anticipated 3 to 4 months from now.

They will initially only offer a 22' trailer and in about 12 months from now, the 17' should also start rolling off the assembly line.

The information is so new, the phone line at Oliver still says they aren't being made yet. They should get that fixed next week and be poised to receive inquiries on trailer purchases.

BTW, I have no vested interest in Oliver Travel Trailers. As an owner of one of the original 17' units, I'm simply very pleased to see this quality product will be available for more people to own and enjoy!

Thomas G. 03-01-2013 07:45 PM

That is great news. I'll start saving my nickels and dimes.

cpaharley2008 03-02-2013 02:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I found some old pictures
http://oliver.hewus.com/Trailer/Othe...22_foot_Oliver

cpaharley2008 03-02-2013 02:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very nice trailer on the outside and inside, I just hope they improve in areas you do not always see. You would not find this rat's nest in an Escape trailer.

Donna D. 03-02-2013 04:21 AM

That's good news. Although Oliver stopped production a number of years back, they've continued to totally support owners of their trailers.

Steve Hammel 03-02-2013 08:08 AM

Trailer making was only a very small part of their business.

Jim Bennett 03-02-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas G. (Post 366064)
That is great news. I'll start saving my nickels and dimes.

It is good news, but methinks you may need to aspire beyond nickels and dimes though. ;)

When I was looking, Oliver was in production at the time, and I had talked and emailed a bunch to them. Expensive units, but top quality components. Other than the price, for me I did not care for having the clean but institutional looking interiors in them. I had queried about at least a different colour inside, but they said for the time being they would only consider white.

Best of luck to them though, it was good that trailers were only a small part of their company, and were able to easily suspend production without having to completely shut down, like Bigfoot did.

Donna D. 03-02-2013 08:39 AM

Jim, I find it interesting they didn't persue the different interior gelcoat colors. I've personally seen two different Olivers, one in black and the other red... and it was gelcoat, not paint. Maybe that happened AFTER you asked...

Steve Hammel 03-02-2013 08:58 AM

I wonder what happened to the custom Oliver's I saw at the Las Vegas RV show about 6 years ago? There were 3 of them and they were practically giving them away on the last day. There was a black one, a red one, and I can't remember the 3rd color. I certainly wish I knew then what I know now as the prices for any of the show models was under 15k. At the time I had just gotten into fiberglass campers by accident and knew nothing about their values. They had Las Vegas themed graphics painted on them etc. very cool.

Frederick L. Simson 03-02-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna D. (Post 366143)
Jim, I find it interesting they didn't pursue the different interior gelcoat colors.

While the Black and the Red exteriors (with gold graphics if I remember correctly) looked sharp and might match a tow vehicle, I believe keeping the interiors white was the best choice.

Jim Bennett 03-02-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna D. (Post 366143)
Jim, I find it interesting they didn't persue the different interior gelcoat colors. I've personally seen two different Olivers, one in black and the other red... and it was gelcoat, not paint. Maybe that happened AFTER you asked...

I had asked them about that, and those were special built units. I can't remember if they were gelcoat, or painted that way. We did not want anything bold, just something with a bit of colour, but both of us agreed that we did not care for the stark white. While I know others would be just fine with white, it wasn't for us.

I sure am interested to see what this 22' unit looks like.

Ken C 03-04-2013 07:06 PM

A casitaclub forum member says they are ramping up. The 22 footer is coming back too.

Donna D. 03-04-2013 07:17 PM

They're ramping up starting with the 22 footer. Here's a few pictures of the first 22' off the line, I don't know if they're changing anything: Hewus' Oliver Travel Trailer: The first 22 foot Oliver