Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Trillium Re-Sale......really (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/trillium-re-sale-really-63998.html)

Dennis_S 04-30-2014 10:45 PM

Trillium Re-Sale......really

So, I sold my 1976 trillium on Monday, for a pretty fair price.
Just didn't have the time required to do the little things that needed fixing up.

Tonight I noticed that the same trailer is up for sale, even copied parts of my original ad, and looks like some other information from someone else's ad.
There was no marine battery when I sold it, and I really doubt they added one to it.

Looks like someone trying to make a quick bit of cash, by increasing the price of what they paid by quite a substantial amount (33%).

My original add is in the sold area.

Here is the new sellers add. Quite disgusted with this.

fiberglass trailer | travel trailers, campers | Edmonton | Kijiji

1976 Trillium Fiberglass Trailer | Edmonton, AB, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

Donna D. 04-30-2014 10:53 PM

Flippers. It happens. Sorry you were caught up in it. It's a lot like playing Keno. If you don't play, DON'T look at the numbers. There's an active thread going on right now, that's similar to this situation.

Close your eyes. If you got the price you wanted, DON'T CHECK OUT THE NEW OWNERS. Walk away, plan your life, be happy.

Glenn Baglo 04-30-2014 10:58 PM

It hasn't been sold yet, has it?
Maybe the buyer will take a bath on it.
It's called free enterprise.

Carol H 05-01-2014 01:16 AM

It hurts to see it but it does indeed happen!
Perhaps he will not do as well as he hoped! :D

Darrell in Al 05-01-2014 01:27 AM

Karma is you know what..
I gave the side steps (and front bumper) off my Jeep to a guy who was in my unit, so his wife could get into his Jeep. She was vertically challenged;) He promptly put them on eBay and sold them. Instead of putting on his Jeep. I was :mad: at the time..

Borrego Dave 05-01-2014 03:26 AM

Dennis you have to look at it from the standpoint of giving someone something. It's theirs now and they can do what they want to with it. It may hurt your feelings but we all make deals now and then that we wish we could recind and I know I'm in the double digits on that but at the time it was done I was comfortable with the deal. Just mark it up to lifes lessons learned. I remember a near mint 1967 Baracuda I had................:mad:

Nate R 05-01-2014 09:19 AM

Yep, free market enterprise.

If he sells it for that price, what does that take? Not just him THINKING it will get that price, but a BUYER must be WILLING to pay that price. There's 2 sides to the flipper equation.

Roy in TO 05-01-2014 09:44 AM

It might be a flipper, might not. It could be buyers remorse in finding more work was involved than originally thought.
The asking price and selling price may differ. There is a lot of room for one to bargain down; batteries are not that expensive. If the trailer has been legally transfered, costs have have been incurred. Could be a Win-Win situration, alternatively a caveat emptor.

Bob Miller 05-01-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis_S (Post 455694)
So, I sold my 1976 trillium on Monday, for a pretty fair price.
Just didn't have the time required to do the little things that needed fixing up.

Tonight I noticed that the same trailer is up for sale, even copied parts of my original ad, and looks like some other information from someone else's ad.
There was no marine battery when I sold it, and I really doubt they added one to it.

Looks like someone trying to make a quick bit of cash, by increasing the price of what they paid by quite a substantial amount (33%).

My original add is in the sold area.

Here is the new sellers add. Quite disgusted with this.

fiberglass trailer | travel trailers, campers | Edmonton | Kijiji

1976 Trillium Fiberglass Trailer | Edmonton, AB, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

Looks to me like the only error here is that it was sold for to low a price in the first place. I am guessing you sold it for about $3200, super low in the Trill mkt., and the buyer saw the chance to make a few $$$. Maybe they needed the money to buy that new 25' BigFoot they always wanted.

The "Flippers" I don't care for are the ones that try to drive down the sellers price with a sob story, and then flip it.

I have a tent trailer on C/L right now and have already heard from the "Single Mom who wants to take her kids on a vacation" and can only afford 1/2 what I am asking.

RogerDat 05-01-2014 10:36 AM

One way to look at is they "invested" say $3200 and are trying to make that investment pay a 33% return BUT they also risk the peak of buying season passing forcing them to drop the price or store it until next year. Their purchase price is money they don't have, and may or may not get. While you have instant and certain use of the money they paid you. I say go out and enjoy the money.

They may have done a few things such as add a battery that allow it to demonstrate 12 volt works and it's all ready to go, giving it more appeal to buyers and helping them sell it for more. Maybe they bought with the intention of flipping or maybe not, either way it's all their problem now. Only your problem if you choose to worry about it.

Bob, did you point out that stores sell tents that are perfectly suitable for single mom taking kids on vacation? Save a lot of money that way! I tent camped for a lot of years before getting an RV to camp in. I thought it was great when I had a small utility trailer that made packing up gear for 2 adults and 3 kids easier.

Bob Miller 05-01-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerDat (Post 455782)
Bob, did you point out that stores sell tents that are perfectly suitable for single mom taking kids on vacation? Save a lot of money that way! I tent camped for a lot of years before getting an RV to camp in. I thought it was great when I had a small utility trailer that made packing up gear for 2 adults and 3 kids easier.

Actually, I think that "Most" of those sob stories are scammers looking to drive prices down. When one came to look at a Scamp I was selling they showed up in what was supposed to be her "Boyfriends" Tundra and she knew waaaay to much about trailers to be a newbie.

My current ad has been up overnight and I have already gotten two similar stories, it's becoming endemic in C/L buyers on the first day of an ad.

RogerDat 05-01-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Miller (Post 455791)
My current ad has been up overnight and I have already gotten two similar stories, it's becoming endemic in C/L buyers on the first day of an ad.

I do think there are people that are on C/L looking to scoop up deals and flip them for a higher price. Fair enough. Feeding folks a line of bull fertilizer is bad because there really are people that could use a break and these illegitimate stories create cynicism and resentment.

beemerphile1 05-01-2014 11:18 AM

Were you satisfied with the price you got for it?

If so you should still be happy. The buyer/seller isn't harming you in any way.

Roy in TO 05-01-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Miller (Post 455771)
I have a tent trailer on C/L right now and have already heard from the "Single Mom who wants to take her kids on a vacation" and can only afford 1/2 what I am asking.

You can suggest they are looking under the wrong listing area. Try camping equiment for a tent etc. and look for a utility trailer to pack it all into.

I won't apologize for being cold hearted. I bought a trashed trailer, balancing my needs, wants and budget at the time. Taking Donna D.'s advice of considering it to be a hard tent on wheels. Since then, it has undergone a resurrection with lots of TLC and $$ over the years. If I am going to be "charitable" it will be to someone I personally know that needs some help or go with a registered charity.