Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Modifications, Alterations and Updates (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   New Trillium LED Tail Light Build (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/new-trillium-led-tail-light-build-65775.html)

Clayton 08-12-2014 04:14 PM

New Trillium LED Tail Light Build

8 Attachment(s)
Just installed my new Trillium OEM - LED tail lights. I started by ordering a new pair of tail lights from Paul Neumeister in Ont. Bought the LED insert at Princess Auto and riveted them to an alloy base plate and mounted the base plate to the base of the tail light. Super clean and totally original with new LED's! I'll post a photo of the lights at night.

rick.a 08-14-2014 10:50 AM

Hi Clayton,
Nice job on this conversion to LED while maintaining the original lens. Well thought out and well executed. And thanks for the detailed photos.

Scouter Dave 08-14-2014 03:14 PM

Thanks

Nicely done. And one more reason for me to stop in at Paul's later on this month while on my way to Algonac. Thanks for this.
Scouter Dave

Raz 08-14-2014 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice alternative to the commercial solution which costs about $80US a side. Looking forward to the night time shots. I do believe the multi bulb LED fixtures are more visible. Raz

Clayton 10-11-2014 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry it took awhile, but here is the night time photo.....

Philsie 10-18-2014 07:51 PM

That's sweet Clay. Is that a stock item at Princess? Whats the part number & price?
Thanks

Clayton 10-18-2014 09:09 PM

Hey Phil, yes the tail lights are a stock item at Princess Auto. They are not cheap....the regular price is $79.99 but I got them on sale for $59.99. You need to take the LED insert out of the stock housing but it works out well. Here is the link to the lights.

Submersible Low Profile LED Trailer Light Kit | Princess Auto

trilliumdan 11-26-2014 06:53 AM

i did the same thing last sumer , also from princess auto , the ones i put in are more the shape of the original light , look around , there are diferent ones you can use . works great , and brighter than the original bulb , you can also get the l e d bulb replacement , if your only , and can use the original holders

Randy C in Ontario 05-22-2015 08:30 PM

led flasher query

Hi Clayton,
I've changed out a faulty passenger taillight on my Trillium today, after much fussing around trying to find proper rivets I got it mounted up but the light just blinks steady when the tv is hooked and running.
I was going to go to an Eggfest here in Ontario this weekend but won't be moving any time soon.
My options now are to go ahead and change the other light to led to see if it helps but some googlin reveals issues with a different led compatible flasher---I didn't see you mention it in your submission--any ideas.
BTW the lights are like yours from Princess Auto and the tv is a 2013 Ford Escape.
Thanks
Randy

Joe MacDonald 05-25-2015 02:50 AM

Flasher issues would only show up if turn signal is used. If only parks lights are on, light should be steady. Same for brakes.
To fix flasher problems, the best bet is pick up a load resistor for each side and mount inside taillight, or inside trailer if lights are sealed

Clayton 05-25-2015 07:56 AM

Hey Randy,
Not sure what would cause the "flashing" issues. I did not have the same problem with mine. I would agree with Joe.