Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Table wont stay up on hinge (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/table-wont-stay-up-on-hinge-71415.html)

dhwilder 09-01-2015 09:12 PM

Table wont stay up on hinge

Hi

I am working on multiple levels of the boler, and am trying to solve the table problem Im having. The original metal hinge thing does not sit proper anymore...and the table keeps slipping off it when in table mode. Does anyone know of a better way to rebuild the table to stay in the table position? Some kind of long quick release hinge? I don't know...I'm reaching.

Thanks

Byron Kinnaman 09-01-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilder (Post 545769)
Hi

I am working on multiple levels of the boler, and am trying to solve the table problem Im having. The original metal hinge thing does not sit proper anymore...and the table keeps slipping off it when in table mode. Does anyone know of a better way to rebuild the table to stay in the table position? Some kind of long quick release hinge? I don't know...I'm reaching.

Thanks

Buy new hardware from Scamp.
Dose this look like what you need.

james kent 09-02-2015 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilder (Post 545769)
Hi

Thanks

If your Boler has the track and not the hinge connection type try holding the table up at a 45 degree angle when attaching. That seems to make it fit into the groove of the track better.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

dhwilder 09-02-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman (Post 545774)
Buy new hardware from Scamp.
Dose this look like what you need.

That looks interesting...not what i have but I wonder if it would work?

dhwilder 09-02-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james kent (Post 545785)
If your Boler has the track and not the hinge connection type try holding the table up at a 45 degree angle when attaching. That seems to make it fit into the groove of the track better.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

My trailer does have the track but it just does not want to grab on anymore. Is that hinge system difficult to put on a table that had the track system?

Gilda 09-02-2015 09:24 PM

I have no experience in replacing or repairing the table but some campers have a pedestal table. The base flange attaches to the floor, a metal cylinder fits into the floor flange and the flange on the bottom of the table fits onto the cylinder. Pedestal Table Leg 29-1/2 w/o Base - $9.99

Pam Garlow 09-03-2015 04:28 AM

You can also purchase replacement parts like what you describe. AP Products Table Support - Supports & Brackets - Table - Hardware
But if the one you have has been bent, it may not hold well. Have you tried taking it off the wall and straightening everything?

John Linck 09-03-2015 06:42 AM

I have had to rebend my table's wall atachment hardware after getting it hooked too low thru my error. After some work with a hammer on my bench its all better now, snug and wiggle free. I'm more careful now when I hook it up when raising the table.

Too soon old, too late smart.

John

dhwilder 09-03-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Garlow (Post 546059)
You can also purchase replacement parts like what you describe. AP Products Table Support - Supports & Brackets - Table - Hardware
But if the one you have has been bent, it may not hold well. Have you tried taking it off the wall and straightening everything?

I will try that

dhwilder 09-03-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilder (Post 546169)
I will try that

SO that bracket was perfect...only problem...they dont ship to Canada!!

Doh

Anyone know of a similar product available in Canada?

Zennifer 09-03-2015 03:50 PM

I believe this is the same thing:
http://www.amazon.com/Products-013-1.../dp/B00G44IZEO

Raz 09-03-2015 04:16 PM

David, I used one of those brackets to make a bed extension. Try loosening the screws. If it works, you need to add shims. What I found is that both pieces need to be parallel or they won't interlock. Put a strait edge, (a yard stick is what I used) against each piece and look for gaps. Shim as needed. Raz

dhwilder 09-03-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P. Raz (Post 546236)
David, I used one of those brackets to make a bed extension. Try loosening the screws. If it works, you need to add shims. What I found is that both pieces need to be parallel or they won't interlock. Put a straiot edge, (a yard stick is what I used) against each piece and look for gaps. Shim as needed. Raz

I bought the one on amazon...