Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   OOP's, Forgot Something (Wife) (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/oops-forgot-something-wife-72710.html)

Eddie Longest 12-15-2015 07:17 AM

OOP's, Forgot Something (Wife)

I went the Avon Park Fl. Wal Mart yesterday about 2 P.M. The WM is set back off the highway and the parking lot is about 200 yds. off the main highway. There was a big shinny new Class A parked in the edge of the parking lot, I pulled in and parked a row or two ahead of him facing in the same direction so I could no longer see the RV.
I saw this guy walk past my truck in the general direction of the Class A. The next thing I saw was the RV cutting across the parking spaces headed the front exit. Then I saw was a woman running across the parking lot screaning waving and chasing the RV. She could not not quite catch up to the RV but she followed it almost to the main road. The class A got to the main road and headed south. I headed out the lower exit to catch the RV but by the time the RV reached the lower exit it turned back into the Wal Mart.
Too bad I didn't have a camera to capture the moment, especially when he pulled back into the parking lot and opened the RV door.
:steer:ask
Eddie

Jack L 12-15-2015 08:56 AM

:DA police officer stopped a guy driving down the highway and told the driver he had left his wife back in the parking lot. The driver said "thank goodness, for a few minutes there I thought I had gone deaf !":D

Bill Nolen 12-15-2015 09:43 AM

An image that I still have in my mind is when a lady friend was raising her leg to climb onto the rear seat of a motorcycle...and her husband rode away without her. He must have gone a good 100 feet before he realized she wasn't aboard!

We still laugh about the expression on her face.:D

Bill

Mikmay 12-15-2015 03:35 PM

Once stopped at a rest stop with my 16 year old son sleeping in the back seat ,he must of woke up and went in and we missed him coming out .we drove off when we heard a transport truck whaling his horn and when we looked out the window saw our son running across the parking lot terrified! I don't know how far we would of gotten before we would of realized he wasn't there kind of a home alone moment

Tammie 12-15-2015 04:28 PM

A RV park in the Keys has a sign near the exit with some reminders.
1. Antenna lowered?
2. Steps retracted?
3. Wife on board?

Mike Magee 12-15-2015 08:27 PM

Life sure is simpler when I camp. I camp alone. No way I can forget my wife! :D

TheWanderers 12-16-2015 08:13 AM

This happened to me

I was 10 years old and had been fishing with my brother and my dad. We left the lake after a long and exhausting day and stopped at a service station (when they still provided real service) and my dad went inside. After a few minutes, I decided that I needed the restroom and went inside to use it and when I came back out, the car was gone...?

My dad made it home, about 20 miles, before he missed me and I sat on the curb waiting for him to return. He did and then asked my why I didn't use the phone to call home? I just figured he come back and get me like he's supposed to, and he did. I was only a little freaked out because, after all, he's my dad and he wouldn't really leave me, right?:eek:

JOE DRISSEL 12-18-2015 01:55 PM

When I was 5 or 6 years old I got left at Sunday School.

renegade 12-18-2015 02:36 PM

Really enjoyed this, and shared it with my wife, that's when I received my warning.(smile)