Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   13 FT 2016 Scamp rear window (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/13-ft-2016-scamp-rear-window-72766.html)

EugeneFlorida 12-21-2015 12:37 PM

13 FT 2016 Scamp rear window

1 Attachment(s)
Can you measure the rear window for me?

inside 1. The window glass, one side, B.)(top to bottom)
and C.)(right to left)
2. Size of the center frame A. (width)
3. size of frame D).(width)

I want to make some brackets for lights and a backup camera.

Thanks for the Help

floyd 12-21-2015 02:23 PM

your attachment won't enlarge on my computer, could you make it bigger?

EugeneFlorida 12-21-2015 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by floyd (Post 563719)
your attachment won't enlarge on my computer, could you make it bigger?

Did this work...Also does this window open?

floyd 12-21-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida (Post 563725)
Did this work...Also does this window open?

The window does open, the pain on the port side slides to starboard along the inside. Also there is a screen in the opening. the starboard side is stationary. The window has radiused corners.

A] is about 1"
B] is 15-3/4"
C] is 20"
D] ls 1-1/2"

All measurement were taken on my 2004 Scamp13D from the outside of the trailer.
Please feel free to PM me if I can be of more help, then you can call if you wish so we can get all the info you may need.

Depending on your bracket design, you may be able to use the screws already in the window frame to attach them.

Sue harrison 12-22-2015 06:53 PM

How do you PM]

Glenn Baglo 12-22-2015 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You click on the person's name.

Byron Kinnaman 12-22-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida (Post 563707)
Can you measure the rear window for me?

inside 1. The window glass, one side, B.)(top to bottom)
and C.)(right to left)
2. Size of the center frame A. (width)
3. size of frame D).(width)

I want to make some brackets for lights and a backup camera.

Thanks for the Help

If this was me I'd call Scamp and talk to them about what I want to do. They should be able to provide measurements since you're taking about a new Scamp that hasn't been delivered yet. If you call right away they might even run the wiring for you.

Borrego Dave 12-22-2015 09:51 PM

Great idea Byron :thumb

EugeneFlorida 12-22-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman (Post 563838)
If this was me I'd call Scamp and talk to them about what I want to do. They should be able to provide measurements since you're taking about a new Scamp that hasn't been delivered yet. If you call right away they might even run the wiring for you.

Hi Byron, I did call and was told they will not run any wires that they do not connect, But, said it was easy to do after and they will even show me how to do that. Did not ask about the measurement. But got what I need here. Thanks Floyd..

And I'm planning to go to Scamp Camp to see if there is anything I may need to know before I go to Backus.

Donna D. 12-22-2015 10:16 PM

Eugene, I have a slider window for the rear of a Scamp under my couch in the living room. If you need more measurements, let me know. I don't think Scamp has changed that rear slider window since the very beginning (late 1980s) and it's a Hehr window.

floyd 12-22-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida (Post 563852)
Hi Byron, I did call and was told they will not run any wires that they do not connect, But, said it was easy to do after and they will even show me how to do that. Did not ask about the measurement. But got what I need here. Thanks Floyd..

And I'm planning to go to Scamp Camp to see if there is anything I may need to know before I go to Backus.

Hope to meet you! I'm on site #76. stop by and I'll show you around and introduce you to some fine folks.^_^