Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   WA | Seeking Ideas for a Seattle Meet (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f57/seeking-ideas-for-a-seattle-meet-76951.html)

Kai in Seattle 10-05-2016 12:49 PM

Seeking Ideas for a Seattle Meet

Hi, all,

Interested in a Seattle-area fiberglass trailer meet-up?

We've had a number of suggestions on a different thread, including:

Deception Pass State Park Oak Harbor Island
Kayak Point State Park
Wenburg County Park
Denny Creek Campground in the National Forest By North Bend

And then there are the suggestions that require a ferry ride or a long drive-around. We'd prefer NOT to do either. Think "Seattle"

Questions include:

1. WHEN (avoiding other local meets and gatherings)
2. WHERE (park recommendations should include # of sites and utilities
offered, as well as any special features like a waterfront)
3. FACILITIES needed
4. ACTIVITIES preferred
5. NAME of gathering

ALL replies will e considered!
Also, if anyone else out there would be interested in hosting this, please let me know!

BEST
Kai
(Kathleen & Paul near Renton which is near Seattle)

Dave Fish 10-05-2016 01:16 PM

From Taidnapam thread:

Quote:

PS, for the Oak Harbor city park, if it's "Sail-something," as of July 2016 its site says it's been closed for three years due to construction nearby. :confused:
Parts of it are closed because of a new sewer plant. It's a great location for some things but probably not suitable for our needs.

Part of the challenge here is to get an estimate of how many. Count us in. May and September work best for us because of other commitments.

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline

Bobbie Mayer 10-05-2016 01:32 PM

I'd most likely go but not May or late June. September would work (and it isn't too late to reserve for September 2017).

How many people does it need to work for? (I realize that is part of the equation but it is hard to suggest places without some idea of how many sites is enough.)

Deadhead517 10-05-2016 02:06 PM

We're all in on this idea! Any of the places listed are good. Also check out Flowing Lake Snohomish County Park. We've been to Denny Creek and I believe all the utility sites are power only, no water. Just sayin. We love that one!

Alan and Barb

Kai in Seattle 10-05-2016 02:34 PM

Dave Fish, I agree, the city park probably not going to be right. September does sound likely.

Bobbie, Looks like it may well be September 2017, agreed, lots of time.

Alan and Barb, Adding Flowing Lake Snohomish County Park to the list, will check it out online. September okay?

So far that makes 4 rigs including ours.

Denny Creek utility sites, upper loop and group sites do only have power, water is available "close by." They also have trash bins, which not all National Forest parks do. The "main" restroom has flush toilets and cold-water sinks...the group site toilet is a stack.

Agreed, getting an idea of how many rigs is important to choosing the park.

k corbin 10-05-2016 02:39 PM

Sounds like fun.

We could also do a day-trip get together right in town.

Discovery Park at the Northwest end of Magnolia is a good one for that as it has some large parking lots that are mostly empty and easy to get in and out of. Plenty of space right next to the parking to set up some pop up shelters for a pot luck meal.

Kai in Seattle 10-05-2016 02:58 PM

K C -- that's an idea! A local daycation.

k corbin 10-05-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 611991)
K C -- that's an idea! A local daycation.

Daycation is easy since you can do it on shorter notice without reservations if you choose a place with lots of parking room. Plus it is budget friendly.

You can overnight in the nearby neighborhoods on the street but not with the trailer detached. As long as your trailer is not over 80" wide it can be parked while hooked up to the car in a residential neighborhood in the city of Seattle. Over 80" wide and you have to go to the industrial zoned areas of town.

k corbin 10-05-2016 03:31 PM

There is RV camping right in the Seattle metropolitan area and it is a water front location. Salt Water Park in the Des Moines neighborhood. This is a Washington State park. It has 47 sites. The only issue is jet noise since it is south of the airport but not immediately adjacent. Take ear plugs if you are a light sleeper :)

But it does have showers, hookups, cafe, espresso stand.

No way would you be able to do a late reservation, it is a popular place since it is right in town. Not sure why it does not show up on websites with RV camping referral for Seattle.
Saltwater State Park | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission

Deadhead517 10-05-2016 03:42 PM

A daytime potluck/ meet and greet would work for us, too. We're pretty open on when for a camping trip, too. "Stickless in Seattle" might not convey the spirit well. "Seattle Area Gathering " has a negative acronym. And could make it sound too exclusive? If September were chosen, Autumn Washington Event would have an AWEsome acronym! Oh yes, getting ahead of things is so me....

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

k corbin 10-05-2016 03:49 PM

Seattle City Slicker Roundup :floor

That does not sound very "exclusive". Our fiberglass exterior is slick. It is a good western sounding name that pokes fun at ourselves.

Dave Fish 10-05-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k corbin (Post 611997)
There is RV camping right in the Seattle metropolitan area and it is a water front location. Salt Water Park in the Des Moines neighborhood. This is a Washington State park. It has 47 sites. The only issue is jet noise since it is south of the airport but not immediately adjacent. Take ear plugs if you are a light sleeper :)

But it does have showers, hookups, cafe, espresso stand.

No way would you be able to do a late reservation, it is a popular place since it is right in town. Not sure why it does not show up on websites with RV camping referral for Seattle.
Saltwater State Park | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission

Have not been to Salt Water SP since sometime in the early 70's. Dash Point is also an option on the south side. We camped there a few years ago when we had the Casita and would not mind going back. We were next to a large, open double site that would be perfect for group events.

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Dave Fish 10-05-2016 03:59 PM

Stude mentioned a campground next to the Coupeville ferry on the Taidnapam thread. That would be Fort Casey SP. it's a large and interesting park with a fairly small campground. Only a few sites have water and electric and there is no sewer or dump station.

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Bobbie Mayer 10-05-2016 04:34 PM

Fort Casey- reservations only through mid-Sept.

Salt Water- I heard it was pretty much partying on weekends. Don't recall where I heard that or whether it is true.

Bobbie Mayer 10-05-2016 04:37 PM

One option if not too huge or if someone would organize the group sites is Raser State park near Concrete. Gorgeous in the fall, 38 sites (half electric and water) or 10 RV group sites (10 RVs in each of two sites- those have shelters but have to be booked together so it can be a hassle.) Reservations all year. Group sites might work if people paid up front for their share before time to reserve but someone would have to collect money- if we had one group site others could tag on in the regular campground (which is walking distance, but not really close.) Some of those (8 I think) are doubles and have to be booked together.

Dave Fish 10-05-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer (Post 612013)
One option if not too huge or if someone would organize the group sites is Raser State park near Concrete. Gorgeous in the fall, 38 sites (half electric and water) or 10 RV group sites (10 RVs in each of two sites- those have shelters but have to be booked together so it can be a hassle.) Reservations all year. Group sites might work if people paid up front for their share before time to reserve but someone would have to collect money- if we had one group site others could tag on in the regular campground (which is walking distance, but not really close.) Some of those (8 I think) are doubles and have to be booked together.

Good info and great park.

2008 Honda Ridgeline

rainjer 10-05-2016 05:02 PM

I just camped in one of the group site last month at Raser. Very nice campground. The loop we stayed in had 12 sites with power and water. All are fairly flat back-in sites. We had a combo of trailers and tents and we double up in all of them. We had 40-50 people total. There is a large shelter in the middle of the loop and a large fire pit. The only drawback we had was restrooms/showers are outside the group site and shared by all 3 group sites.

Carol H 10-05-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Fish (Post 612004)
Stude mentioned a campground next to the Coupeville ferry on the Taidnapam thread. That would be Fort Casey SP. it's a large and interesting park with a fairly small campground. Only a few sites have water and electric and there is no sewer or dump station.

2008 Honda Ridgeline

You can use the dump station at Deception Pass if you are heading north from Fort Casey.

A couple of years ago they increased the number of campsites with power and water to 13 out of the 25.

gretchens 10-05-2016 08:20 PM

We would be interested party of 2, would also drag along my inlaws for another 2 who just bought a casita. Kanaskat-Palmer State Park is pretty close in. Has electric only.

we woul

k corbin 10-05-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Fish (Post 612004)

2008 Honda Ridgeline

That is a pretty long drive from Seattle up to the top of the Island and then back halfway south on the Island. I was hoping the idea of this get together is that the camping is very close to Seattle. Fort Casey is a 100 mile drive from where I am which is basically in the middle of Seattle from north to south. Sorry but I think we ought to be able to do better than that distance wise if we are going to actually have a Seattle based get together. Driving more than 2 hours to meet up with people who live close to me seems overboard for the intent of the meet up.

Bellingham is only 87 miles away for me and few would consider that a suitable location for a Seattle meet up place as they would think it too far north.

Maybe we need to put some type of limiting factor onto the road mileage distance from a central point in Seattle such as downtown to keep things under control for drive time. When the discussion was started it was meant not to include any ferry travel. Our trailers can't travel as the crow flies so actual road mileage needs to be considered.

If other people from other towns outside of metropolitan Seattle want to show up they are of course welcome.

Dave Fish 10-05-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k corbin (Post 612056)
That is a pretty long drive from Seattle up to the top of the Island and then back halfway south on the Island. I was hoping the idea of this get together is that the camping is very close to Seattle otherwise why even call it a Seattle folks get together? Fort Casey is a 100 mile drive from where I am which is about the middle of Seattle north to south. Sorry but I think we ought to be able to do better than that distance wise if we are going to actually have a Seattle based get together.

Bellingham is only 87 miles away for me and few would consider that a suitable location for a Seattle meet up place as they would think it too far north.

Maybe we need to put some type of limiting factor onto the road mileage distance from a central point in Seattle such as downtown to keep things under control for drive time. When the discussion was started it was meant not to include any ferry travel. Our trailers can't travel as the crow flies so actual road mileage needs to be considered.

If other people from other towns outside of metropolitan Seattle want to show up they are of course welcome.

I'm not pushing for Fort Casey although for us it's only 5 miles. You can save a lot of mileage by taking the ferry. If you are under 30', it's only about $15 summer rate (I've been the charged under the 30 and under 40 rate depending on the toll person. We are 32').

I do like some of the mainland idea as.

k corbin 10-05-2016 10:12 PM

Concrete is 100 road trip miles from downtown Seattle, we can do better than that.

k corbin 10-05-2016 10:17 PM

Kayak point is 50 miles from Seattle. That is much more reasonable for driving distance. One hour drive time, discounting heavy traffic of course. Whidbey folks could ferry over if need be.

Casita Greg 10-05-2016 10:20 PM

It's obvious that this isn't going to be an "easy-to-put-together" event. Getting a new regional get-together off the ground is not without its growing pains.

k corbin 10-05-2016 10:29 PM

I was not defined as being a regional meet up, there are already some of those around including Vintage trailer rallies.

This was defined as a Seattle meet up which while a large area extending from Everett to the north and Tacoma to the south and Issaquah to the East is not what one would call regional other than Seattle being in the middle of it. There are regional meetups but this was intended to be a local meetup vs regional.

There are campgrounds within that geographic area or right along the edges of it that don't require ferry rides (which are not just about the money but also about the hassle of wait times on the weekends) or 100 mile long drives. :)

Part of the reason for wanting a local meetup vs regional is finding nearby neighbors who can lend a hand now and again with projects or give hands on tutorials, help with analyzing troubles by being there seeing it in person, etc. That is on a daily basis very useful networking plus there is always the chance for coffee dates of the type "come on over to my trailer for a visit " which is a fun afternoon break vs time required for camping events.

Sounds like there is a second zone ready for a local meetup with Whidbey, Anacortes, etc being close to each other.

40bpm 10-06-2016 01:09 AM

I'm following this with great interest. The locations already presented work for me, with Autumn of 2017 being my preferred time.

Azurko 10-06-2016 09:55 AM

meet up

I am in. I have been to Faye Bainbridge state park this year which is small but very beautiful. Depending on numbers can be a quick getaway. I would be happy to do a day meet up as well. Georgetown did a cool Van event recently, closing off the main street for parking and allowing people to wander. Could be fun to organize there again for a trailer party in city.
I have not been but Alder Lake and Mayfield lake both have good family friendly spaces.
Grayland state park has fun roundabout style campgrounds right on the beach and is year round as well. It would take some reservations but could attract some travelers.

Look forward to seeing how this comes out and I am happy to assist as in organization.
Azur
Gogocamper

Casita Greg 10-06-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k corbin (Post 612065)
I was not defined as being a regional meet up, there are already some of those around including Vintage trailer rallies.

This was defined as a Seattle meet up which while a large area extending from Everett to the north and Tacoma to the south and Issaquah to the East is not what one would call regional other than Seattle being in the middle of it. There are regional meetups but this was intended to be a local meetup vs regional.

I don't agree with "your definition" at all. It was never originally proposed as a Seattle event. It was proposed as a Puget Sound region event for folks in the greater Puget Sound region. And I for one would rather avoid Seattle proper, and anything within spitting distance of Seattle, due to the terrible traffic congestion.:mad:

chetandren 10-06-2016 10:10 AM

I'm very much interested in this meet-up. My vote would be for Kayak after the Labor Day weekend. Also if you need volunteers, I could be available.

Casita Greg 10-06-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurko (Post 612096)
Grayland state park has fun roundabout style campgrounds right on the beach and is year round as well. It would take some reservations but could attract some travelers. Azur
Gogocamper

Grayland Beach was the site of the very first WA get-together, which is the same one that is now held at Taidnapum. I personally spearheaded that original get-together back in 2008. And, FWIW, Grayland Beach is, and would be, an excellent venue to consider for this group as well. JMHO

Kai in Seattle 10-06-2016 10:33 AM

Original #1 post:

WA
Seeking Ideas for a Seattle Meet

Hi, all,

Interested in a Seattle-area fiberglass trailer meet-up?

We've had a number of suggestions on a different thread, including:

Deception Pass State Park Oak Harbor Island
Kayak Point State Park
Wenburg County Park
Denny Creek Campground in the National Forest By North Bend

And then there are the suggestions that require a ferry ride or a long drive-around. We'd prefer NOT to do either. Think "Seattle"

Questions include:

1. WHEN (avoiding other local meets and gatherings)
2. WHERE (park recommendations should include # of sites and utilities
offered, as well as any special features like a waterfront)
3. FACILITIES needed
4. ACTIVITIES preferred
5. NAME of gathering

ALL replies will e considered!
Also, if anyone else out there would be interested in hosting this, please let me know!

BEST
Kai
(Kathleen & Paul near Renton which is near Seattle

I hear you about not liking Seattle traffic, so perhaps inside the city limits wouldn't be best, BUT I think within 25-50 miles of Seattle would be closer to the original intent here.

Grayland Beach is super, so is Pacific Beach (!), BUT that's hardly the Seattle area.

The Puget Sound region as well isn't over on the open coast.

I was hoping for something relatively close to Seattle, so we could get there in under an hour or so.

Denny Creek was only about an hour's drive, but it is a small park with only 15 electric hook-ups and no water hook-ups, no showers, etc. the group area only takes 7 rigs.

Anyway, we're getting a great list of ideas and let's keep at this.

Casita Greg 10-06-2016 10:40 AM

I understand your desire to have it closer to home, but whatever you decide, (for me anyway,) sites with full hook-ups would be the only way I'd go. No hook-ups, I'm out, and I think that you will find it to be quite difficult to find enough sites with those amenities close to Seattle. I don't boondock, but don't let it stop the rest of you. I know a lot of people enjoy it that way, and some even prefer it, but it's not my cup of tea. FWIW

Kai in Seattle 10-06-2016 11:03 AM

Casita Greg--

You're the first one to address that question, thank you!
Do you include sewer hook up as well in the needed column?

What about for a one-day event?
Would you still need full hook-up or could you do without some, and if so, what?

Lack of any hook-ups would probably curtail the daycation option, as there wouldn't be any hook-ups in a parking lot.

Good to hear from you and from everyone.

Maybe we need TWO events, or even THREE:

A PUGET SOUND REGIONAL meet that might include Grayland Beach etc

AND a Seattle meet that could include a possible no-hook-ups daycation?

AND an Islands meet-up a bit further north...

Ideas on that? THIS thread is basically, originally, about the Seattle meet possibilities. We don't want to exclude ANYone, but I'm starting to think we can't cover everything everyone might like, so maybe we need one or more other meet-ups as well.

Kai in Seattle

DanielAG 10-06-2016 11:16 AM

Clallam County Parks

Please check out the Olympic Peninsula. Clallam County Parks=Salt Creek is great!

k corbin 10-06-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casita Greg (Post 612099)
I don't agree with "your definition" at all. It was never originally proposed as a Seattle event. It was proposed as a Puget Sound region event for folks in the greater Puget Sound region. And I for one would rather avoid Seattle proper, and anything within spitting distance of Seattle, due to the terrible traffic congestion.:mad:

By all means if you want a meetup closer to where you live in the other areas of Puget Sound that are further from Seattle than a half hour and you are doing so just so that you can avoid Seattle traffic then do start a thread to arrange for such a meetup.

Any one who lives in Seattle will have traffic coming and going to any event either outside or inside of the city so that is a null value point in the discussion for people who are from Seattle. Plus it is the weekend and that is not a rush hour commute situation and we won't be traveling during any football or baseball game hours.

Kai started the discussion and she absolutely said people should "think Seattle" and that is her quotation not mine. I don't know how much more clearly and politely it could have been stated what the meetup was intended to be do you? She also stated it being located within a half hour of Seattle. So far there are four suggestions that meet that criteria and all of them would work.
Salt Water Park
Dash Point
Kayak Point
McDonald-Tolt

There was also a within the city one day event location suggestion of Discovery Park which of course is not camping but makes a good shorter notice option as no reservations are required. But I would not expect it to bring in a lot of people from outside of the city unless they had other reasons to be on errands in the city. Another in city location for a staycation is the Warren G. Magnuson Park on Lake Washington. Like Discovery Park it is also a former military base and it is also very large with lots of available parking and hiking but it is less hilly for the hiking.

Fall weather in mid to late September in Seattle should not require the use of air conditioning and it is still in the greater potential time for dry weather during those weeks. :)

k corbin 10-06-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielAG (Post 612118)
Please check out the Olympic Peninsula. Clallam County Parks=Salt Creek is great!

I think you should start a separate thread for that meetup. I love the Olympic Peninsula too and would be likely to come to a new regional meetup there. But it is not within a half hour of Seattle which I will remind everyone is both the title and intent of this particular thread.

rainjer 10-06-2016 01:16 PM

I have been involved with a couple groups that have camp-outs/gathering every year. One is a teardrop trailer group and the other is a Coleman Collector group.

Our PNW Coleman group meets 3-4 time a year. We have people from Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho and Canada attend all of the events. In March we do a indoor gathering in Lacey. In May, we do a camp-out in Cle Elum. In August/September we do another camp-out. This one moves around. We have had it in Long Beach, Portland, Birch Bay, Hood Canal and this year Raser State Park in Concrete. next year we are adding a July camp-out in Portland.

The teardrop community is the same way. I have traveled as far as California to attend a gathering. There are 6-8 gathering in the PNW every year. I pick the one I want to attend and go.

Based on my experience with these groups I can tell you a couple things.

1 - You can't please everyone.
2 - If you book it they will come.

If you want to host a gathering, pick a date and a place and book it. Then let people know about it. If they are available and want to come, they will. If they can't come, they will not.

Jeremy

Carol H 10-06-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 612112)

Ideas on that? THIS thread is basically, originally, about the Seattle meet possibilities. We don't want to exclude ANYone, but I'm starting to think we can't cover everything everyone might like, so maybe we need one or more other meet-ups as well.

Kai in Seattle

Kai having organized a lot of FG meets I can tell you that you will drive yourself crazy if you attempt to find a location that the meets everyones needs. Yes there are some who will not camp even one night without power while there are others who will not attend if it is in to much of an urban setting and has power. Its a no win situation. ;-)

When it comes to the need for power keep in mind that the big FG meet in Quartizside each winter that is WELL attended not only does not have power and water but no public bathrooms or showers at the camping location either. :D

Since the introduction of LED lights and solar and compact generators most folks these days have learned to camp & enjoy it without power and water on site. There are a number of alternitive dumping stations people can seek out on their way home.

Bottom line is pick a place that you as the organizer like. Those who like the choose will attend & those who do not will not. ;)

Dave Fish 10-06-2016 01:38 PM

My thoughts:
1. Distance or travel time are a low priority for us. If you live on an island, you get used to 2 hours to get anywhere on the mainland. So any location that can accommodate a groupp is ok.

2. However, we have no interest in camping "in" Seattle and would not pull the trailer over for a day meet.

3. Hookups are not important to us. We would like to have electricity but could not use water and sewer. I fully appreciate those that require those facilities and would hope we could find a location that would meet both needs.

4. Anacortes and "island" were mentioned in post 1, which is probably why so many north end suggestions have been made. Anacortes is definitely more than a half hour from Seattle.

Still in for the gathering and appreciate all of the constructive ideas.

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Fiberglass RV mobile app

Bobbie Mayer 10-06-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Fish (Post 612137)
My thoughts:
1. Distance or travel time are a low priority for us. If you live on an island, you get used to 2 hours to get anywhere on the mainland. So any location that can accommodate a groupp is ok.

2. However, we have no interest in camping "in" Seattle and would not pull the trailer over for a day meet.

3. Hookups are not important to us. We would like to have electricity but could not use water and sewer. I fully appreciate those that require those facilities and would hope we could find a location that would meet both needs.

4. Anacortes and "island" were mentioned in post 1, which is probably why so many north end suggestions have been made. Anacortes is definitely more than a half hour from Seattle.

Still in for the gathering and appreciate all of the constructive ideas.

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Fiberglass RV mobile app

What Dave said. I consider two hours close.

Though I also like the idea of a Fort Casey unorganized meet and may let people know when I am ready to do my "shakedown" trip there in hopes that some join me.

Casita Greg 10-06-2016 04:19 PM

Response to your question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 612112)
Casita Greg--

You're the first one to address that question, thank you!
Do you include sewer hook up as well in the needed column?

What about for a one-day event? Thank you Kai. I'm not sure that I would personally want to spend the time, effort and fuel to go to a "one day event" even if it was relatively local. It's a lot of work for a tired old guy to hook up all this stuff just for a day trip. It would have to be, (for me anyway,) at least a 3-4 day trip, and preferably with the option of being able to extend my stay, which wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Would you still need full hook-up or could you do without some, and if so, what? For lesser length stays, I could live on my tank capability to handle my waste water requirements, as long as they at least have a waste tank dump facility available on the way out. Power and water would be "gotta have" items.

Lack of any hook-ups would probably curtail the day-cation option, as there wouldn't be any hook-ups in a parking lot.

Good to hear from you and from everyone.

Maybe we need TWO events, or even THREE:

A PUGET SOUND REGIONAL meet that might include Grayland Beach etc

AND a Seattle meet that could include a possible no-hook-ups daycation?

AND an Islands meet-up a bit further north...

Ideas on that? THIS thread is basically, originally, about the Seattle meet possibilities. We don't want to exclude ANYone, but I'm starting to think we can't cover everything everyone might like, so maybe we need one or more other meet-ups as well. Having run a few get-together events (1st, 2nd, and 3rd WA NOG's) in the past, I fully understand that there is no way you can meet and accommodate everyone's expectations or wishes. There will always be people who "I can't make it on that weekend," or "I don't want to travel so far," or "I've been there before," etc. etc. The thing that you need to do is understand that if you are coordinating this, then it is you who rules the roost on where it will be. While a consensus is fine, suggestions are fine, and asking for input/feedback is great, ultimately, if you're gonna take this on, you need to "call the ball." It's your show. If others aren't able to, or interested in, the event they don't have to attend. Just my 2 cents. I do applaud your effort to make something happen. It can be, (and I know,) a daunting herculean effort to "host" a "Not Organized" event. Just because it may be called Not Organized, there is still a tremendous amount of "organization", planning and logistics involved in pulling it off.

Kai in Seattle

Hope this gives you some direction and support.

Carol H 10-06-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer (Post 612139)
What Dave said. I consider two hours close.

Though I also like the idea of a Fort Casey unorganized meet and may let people know when I am ready to do my "shakedown" trip there in hopes that some join me.

You will like Fort Casey. We held a mini private fibreglass rally there two springs ago with about 10 trailers - including a few from the Seattle area. They upgraded the bathrooms and showers last year. There is something for everyone. Explore the Fort and the lighthouse. Ride your bike onto the ferry and head over to Port Townsend or drive to the old town of Coupeville for a meal or shopping.

Sites 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 are the best - right on the beach spaced well out from each other. At sites 12 and 16 you could have a campfire to all hours and not be bothering anyone. No power on those sites though.

Now for the downside of Fort Casey. Two years ago they started to allow you to make reservations during the summer months - it was first come, first serve all year long prior. As a result it has become increasingly popular and harder to get into due to its small size.

People will need to make their reservations for the meet on the first day that the reservations system allows them to for the date, if you holding it within the time frame that they take reservations.

Bobbie Mayer 10-06-2016 05:57 PM

I've camped there before. And yes, the reservation part is not very good for a rally, so by nature it would likely end up local. Reservations end September 15 and they are hard to get on weekends, anyway. It is also very exposed to weather so you'd want to be able to cancel if a big storm is coming (as it is supposedly doing tonight.) Not somewhere I want to be in a trailer during a windstorm! (Though some of the sites along the hill might be good for that.) It isn't ideal for a big meetup.

On the other hand- now I have propane heat and 12V I don't need hookups! I stayed in September at one of the great beach front sites and really enjoyed watching the ferries and cruise ships come and go, and didn't care about heat or light, but in October both may come in handy.

jlbails 10-07-2016 09:58 AM

Hello, I'm interested in meeting other fiberglass owners from the Seattle area and will gladly attend a meet up with or without hookups. I live in Snohomish.

Kayak Pt county park is on a lake and is a nice setting near Marysville. Same with Flowing Lake, plenty of hook ups, in a forest on a fishing lake. Easy to get to off Hwy 2 from Monroe. Raser is in Skagit county, but it's an awesome place. Even with reservations, it fills up due to the location. Group sites do not have hookups, but folks could reserve inside the park if they wanted to be near bathrooms, etc.

While driving my trailer through Seattle isn't my favorite thing to do, the idea of a trailer meetup at Discovery Park sounds fun. Do a little tailgate cook out? I'd also be game for Dash Point or Golden Gardens day trip.

I think the thing to do is decide what works for the organizer, and set a date. Looking forward to it!

k corbin 10-07-2016 02:38 PM

:steer
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlbails (Post 612217)
Hello, I'm interested in meeting other fiberglass owners from the Seattle area and will gladly attend a meet up with or without hookups. I live in Snohomish.

Kayak Pt county park is on a lake and is a nice setting near Marysville. Same with Flowing Lake, plenty of hook ups, in a forest on a fishing lake. Easy to get to off Hwy 2 from Monroe. Raser is in Skagit county, but it's an awesome place. Even with reservations, it fills up due to the location. Group sites do not have hookups, but folks could reserve inside the park if they wanted to be near bathrooms, etc.

While driving my trailer through Seattle isn't my favorite thing to do, the idea of a trailer meetup at Discovery Park sounds fun. Do a little tailgate cook out? I'd also be game for Dash Point or Golden Gardens day trip.

I think the thing to do is decide what works for the organizer, and set a date. Looking forward to it!

I am all for Golden Gardens but it would be next to impossible to get enough parking there on a sunny weekend. Of course it would work for me anyway as I would just walk there since I am only a few blocks away on the same street. Which of course is why I know for sure that you won't find parking there on a nice weekend. :) There are actually a few places on that street right by the boat yard where you can park overnight

I have caught onto the fact that people who are proposing these long drives from Seattle for the meetup are mostly people who don't actually live in Seattle but live close to the places they are proposing. I will make the direction signs for the campground meetup area and put a space needle logo on them if you pay my way to attend a non-local local event. ;)

Casita Greg 10-07-2016 08:12 PM

"I have caught onto the fact that people who are proposing these long drives from Seattle for the meetup are mostly people who don't actually live in Seattle but live close to the places they are proposing."

Maybe it's just me, but why would anyone who lives in Seattle not want to get the heck out of Seattle. Where are you gonna camp in Seattle, next to the homeless tents under the overpasses? I'll take a 2 hour trip out to the ocean any day before I would want to camp in an urban jungle.

mglyons 10-08-2016 09:16 AM

We are urban Seattle dwellers. Our favorite quick escape is Tolt-MacDonald in Carnation. River, trails, quiet, clean.
We would be interested in a gathering but of course all of that depends on our schedule. I encourage the organizer to heed the advice that you'll never please everyone, so just pick something that you like and see who shows up. If those who complain loudest refuse to come that can actually be a good thing!

Carol H 10-08-2016 01:32 PM

Something tells me the OP is wondering why they did not simple just pick a spot they like and post the date and place and see who shows up. :cool:

k corbin 10-08-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol H (Post 612342)
Something tells me the OP is wondering why they did not simple just pick a spot they like and post the date and place and see who shows up. :cool:

You will have to ask her that when she can get back online. At the moment she is having problems with her computer and can't participate.

Carol H 10-08-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k corbin (Post 612376)
Y At the moment she is having problems with her computer and can't participate.

Actually I believe thats whats called out camping :D

k corbin 10-10-2016 06:37 AM

This week Tuesday and Weds look to be sunny or at least partly sunny days. A nice break from the rain! So my partner and myself are going to drive over to Saltwater State Park and do an in person tour of the place and take some photos of it to post here. It is always good to know what camping is available in the geographic area, we will take the dog and a picnic :)

Kai in Seattle 10-10-2016 04:50 PM

Computer is back from the hospital.

Everyone is coming up with good ideas.

It's going to be Dash Point State Park, September 21, 22, and 23rd, 2017.
Some sites have full services, Water, electric, & sewer. Dump station at park. Flush toilets, showers.
Beach access. About 25 miles south of Seattle.

9 month reservation window. We'll do a new thread when we're closer to the reservation point, around January 11, 2017.

Thanks, all,

Kai

Dave Fish 10-10-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 612707)
Computer is back from the hospital.

Everyone is coming up with good ideas.

It's going to be Dash Point State Park, September 21, 22, and 23rd, 2017.
Some sites have full services, Water, electric, & sewer. Dump station at park. Flush toilets, showers.
Beach access. About 25 miles south of Seattle.

9 month reservation window. We'll do a new thread when we're closer to the reservation point, around January 11, 2017.

Thanks, all,

Kai

Good deal. Place and weekend will work for us. Let us know when you have an area in mind so we can make the reservations in December.

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Kai in Seattle 10-11-2016 02:12 PM

Dave Fish--oh, good!
It's not a very big park. I'll be seeking a site in the full-services area, the other loop is quite separate and has NO services. But will post on a new thread, probably:

WAUW (wow!) -- Washington Autumn Urban Wilderness meet-up before January 1st.

Glad you can attend, looking forward to seeing you!

Kzi

Bobbie Mayer 10-11-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 612851)
Dave Fish--oh, good!
It's not a very big park. I'll be seeking a site in the full-services area, the other loop is quite separate and has NO services. But will post on a new thread, probably:

WAUW (wow!) -- Washington Autumn Urban Wilderness meet-up before January 1st.

Glad you can attend, looking forward to seeing you!

Kzi

I don't think the no service loop will be open as since it opens May 15 I figure it closes September 15. But at any rate a lot of the sites there say not suitable for smaller trailers.

Kai in Seattle 10-11-2016 04:50 PM

I don't think the no service loop will be open as since it opens May 15 I figure it closes September 15. But at any rate a lot of the sites there say not suitable for smaller trailers.

WAUW: Washington Autumn Urban Wilderness meet-up. (wow!)

Hi, Bobbie Mayer and All:

I've talked to the Dash Park office twice now, as your questions raised some concerns.

ALL the sites in Loop A are suitable for small trailers/RVs with several sites able to accommodate up to 32.' There are 19 full-service sites (WES!) in Loop A and 24 no-service sites. ALL will accommodate small trailers, yes. The pull-through sites will take rigs up to 32'.

Loop A is open year-round. Opening day for reservations is 9 months in advance. So for us, January 23rd, 2017.

Loop B closes September 15. It's widely separated from Loop A.

The picnic shelter will accommodate up to 96 people. For 24 people it'll be $71 for a day, or about $3 apiece. Not bad!

It's a nice-looking, wooded park, you don't see any houses or buildings other than park buildings from the campsite, nor is there any "freeway" noise. It's a little piece of Urban Wilderness.

The beach is large, flat, and sandy with a shallow stream through it. There are a large number of wildlife creatures that frequent the area, including chipmunks, coyotes, foxes, rabbits, raccoons, squirrels, fish and crabs, sea birds, starfish, herons, hummingbirds, jays, owls, quail, woodpeckers...and so on.

We were just there last Thursday, and Loop A was mostly filled with RVs and trailers. Loop A is open year-round.
There are NO great-big campgrounds within 25 or 50 miles of Seattle. We went to Kayak Point AND Flowing Lake--beautiful, but not what we wanted.

. All sites have fire rings. There are a few cabins available, not yurts. They looked nice, too.

People from Seattle not wanting to camp overnight would be welcome to come to the "big day" on Saturday at the picnic shelter for a Daycation.

BEST
Kai

Chuck H 10-11-2016 05:06 PM

Kyak Pt. is a saltwater park not on a lake. It has electric only hookups with water spigots dispersed throughout the campground and no dumps or dump station, you must use the dump station along freeway near Marysville. It is an older park with a single restroom in campground with showers. They have a "Yurt village" with 10 yurts. Wenberg Park on Lake Goodwin is not far from Kyak and has a very "tight campground" not very private but with a newer restroom and some full hookups.

Kai in Seattle 10-11-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck H (Post 612882)
Kyak Pt. is a saltwater park not on a lake. It has electric only hookups with water spigots dispersed throughout the campground and no dumps or dump station, you must use the dump station along freeway near Marysville. It is an older park with a single restroom in campground with showers. They have a "Yurt village" with 10 yurts. Wenberg Park on Lake Goodwin is not far from Kyak and has a very "tight campground" not very private but with a newer restroom and some full hookups.

Hi, Chuck, we agree. We didn't go to Wenberg, partly because it is at least as far as Kayak Point or Flowing Lake, and it took us over an hour to drive to them. We wanted this to be more centralized near Seattle.

Some good observations and comments!

One of the things that concerned us about both Flowing Lake and Kayak Point are the multi-level campsites. At Flowing Lake some are stepped and fenced, one fenced so you don't fall off the ledge at the edge of your campsite, about 10 feet across, if that. Others are just irregularly sloped, as is the approach to the restroom at Kayak Point. One of the showers in Kayak Point Women's room is what we called a "peek show" as there is a lack of normal privacy. And you have to walk through one shower area to get to the second.
"Tight" was our thought on the camping areas at Kayak Point and Flowing Lake as well, beautiful as those parks are.

Thanks for your input!

No park is perfect for everyone. We've chose Dash Point for September 21, 22, and 23rd, and if you wanted to come for only 1 day, Saturday the 23rd would work fine as a Daycation within 25 miles of Seattle, no rig required.

BEST
Kai

Bobbie Mayer 10-11-2016 05:29 PM

Good news. Weird that the reservation system won't book one for a small trailer, though. It says the site is unsuitable for your equipment. I guess for those we'd have to call in unless they change it by December.

Kai in Seattle 10-11-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer (Post 612888)
Good news. Weird that the reservation system won't book one for a small trailer, though. It says the site is unsuitable for your equipment. I guess for those we'd have to call in unless they change it by December.

Hi, Bobbie,

The site cannot be booked until 9 months or less before the date you want it. If you're trying to book for the rest of this year, bookings close September 15 for the rest of the year until January 1.

I believe you can call the camp office (be prepared for a few trials) and talk to them in person. They've been helpful, if sometimes they have to look things up.

360-902-8844 --
253-661-4955
888-226-7688

I doubt it's your equipment. More likely it's the site's not telling you it won't book anyone until January 1st, and then only 9 months in advance.

Let us know how this goes for you!

BEST
Kai

Bobbie Mayer 10-11-2016 05:41 PM

No, I was trying for a May date which can be booked now (not going to book, just to see what sites were available) and it said "The site is available but is not suitable for your equipment". (Trailer under 18 feet.)

Kai in Seattle 10-11-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer (Post 612892)
No, I was trying for a May date which can be booked now (not going to book, just to see what sites were available) and it said "The site is available but is not suitable for your equipment". (Trailer under 18 feet.)

Hi, Bobbie,

Right, this site has the darndest thing: the reservations system for the year shuts off on September 15. After that date, you cannot make further reservations until January 1st. Weirdest thing ever. Why do they do it that way?

Try calling, is my suggestion. The 888 number is free.

888-226-7688 I just talked to "her" there an hour ago; she was very nice.
M -F 8 AM - 5 PM

Thanks for the updates...it's good to know how this actually works in the real world. Your 18' trailer should be fine for almost any of the sites in Loop A.

BEST
Kai

Kai in Seattle 10-11-2016 05:50 PM

I was trying for a May date which can be booked now (not going to book, just to see what sites were available) and it said "The site is available but is not suitable for your equipment". (Trailer under 18 feet.)

I re-read this again, and don't know what the problem is, should have been able to get "some" information! Try calling, that's my suggestion.

Obviously the park "CAN" be reserved, we saw a parkfull of RVs and trailers last Thursday, everyone looked pleased, they waved and smiled so it must work out sometimes!
BEST
Kai

Bobbie Mayer 10-11-2016 05:52 PM

I'm sure they'll do it by phone- just odd that the system is wrong. I haven't run into that before with the State Parks.

k corbin 10-11-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 612894)
I was trying for a May date which can be booked now (not going to book, just to see what sites were available) and it said "The site is available but is not suitable for your equipment". (Trailer under 18 feet.)

I re-read this again, and don't know what the problem is, should have been able to get "some" information! Try calling, that's my suggestion.

Obviously the park "CAN" be reserved, we saw a parkfull of RVs and trailers last Thursday, everyone looked pleased, they waved and smiled so it must work out sometimes!
BEST
Kai

What that response is about.
Not all sites have room to park a tow vehicle side by side with a trailer so even if the trailer is not a long one you still could not use it without being unhitched as the site is too short to be in with the tow vehicle and trailer hooked together.

If it was a double wide driveway spot, even though not a long spot, then they would have said OK for your length of trailer.

Or maybe it was just too short and only good for car camping with a tent.

My experience with the State of Oregon Parks was they had better information about these things, they tell you what is what about the individual sites.

Dave Fish 10-11-2016 06:19 PM

I got a similar message when I tried to book Kayak Point for the same weekend just out of curiosity. That was before the location was announced and I was trying to help with research.

Thanks to Kai for visiting these parks. I was thinking about doing the same the next time I was allowed to leave the Island.

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Hidalga 10-19-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 612893)
Hi, Bobbie,

Right, this site has the darndest thing: the reservations system for the year shuts off on September 15. After that date, you cannot make further reservations until January 1st. Weirdest thing ever. Why do they do it that way?

Hi Kai,
I experienced a similar problem with many government-operated campgrounds in the SE region of the US lately, and what they're doing is closing the reservation system in their off-peak time of the year for a first-come, first-serve basis.
It just means that they're not getting enough bookings to utilize human resources for reservations. There's plenty of sites available, you just can't choose which one ahead of schedule.

Carol H 10-19-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 612894)

It would also be due to trees the site is difficult to get into or there is a turn around issue for trailer and vehicle. I know a couple of sites at Kayak point are restricted due to an issue getting into them with a trailer and they are not going to take down trees within the park to fix the issue. One park I stayed at in Idaho the issue was a bit of a round about of trees you needed to get through to get to the site. You could fit a fairly large trailer into the actual site but getting it to the site was not possible if your combo length was over X so many feet.

Bobbie Mayer 10-19-2016 06:11 PM

It had every single tent site in loop A marked as not suitable for trailers. It wasn't a specific site that wasn't good.

Kai in Seattle 12-11-2016 12:52 PM

We went back to Dash Point to look over what the situation was. The loop with the trailer sites is Loop B. I apologize for the mix-up. It was my mistake to say it was Loop A. The trailer area is in Loop B.

Bobbie Mayer 12-11-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle (Post 619530)
We went back to Dash Point to look over what the situation was. The loop with the trailer sites is Loop B. I apologize for the mix-up. It was my mistake to say it was Loop A. The trailer area is in Loop B.

It ought to be open for booking this month.

Kai in Seattle 12-12-2016 03:10 PM

Yes.

Kai in Seattle 12-19-2016 01:43 PM

WELCOME ALL Seattle Area Gathering FGRVers and Friends!

Dash Point State Park (New Thread has been started)...

Registration is now OPEN for September 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 2017. Whichever day you first want to camp is the day, 9 months ahead, to go online or call if you'd like to camp with us!

1-888-226-7688 reservations (may have some glitches today)
1-360-902-8844 information

Hope to see you!
BEST
Kai

Roger C H 03-28-2017 11:26 PM

Another suggestion

I see you have settled on Dash Point.
My only problem with DP is I understand many homeless stay there. I have never been.
I was going to suggest Kanasket-Palmer:

https://washington.goingtocamp.com/K...rStatePark?Map

It is only 38 miles from Seattle. I don't know how appropriate it would be. It does seem to have some spaces without size limit (32'). The spaces seem to be like the old section of Taidnapam with much underbrush.

I am not making any commitments since I am still recovering from my Henderson adventure.

I can scope out KP and see what I think.

David B. 03-28-2017 11:48 PM

Roger, sorry that you are not up to 100% yet. :(
Dave & Paula

Dave Fish 03-29-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger C H (Post 633244)
I see you have settled on Dash Point.
My only problem with DP is I understand many homeless stay there. I have never been.
I was going to suggest Kanasket-Palmer:

https://washington.goingtocamp.com/K...rStatePark?Map

It is only 38 miles from Seattle. I don't know how appropriate it would be. It does seem to have some spaces without size limit (32'). The spaces seem to be like the old section of Taidnapam with much underbrush.

I am not making any commitments since I am still recovering from my Henderson adventure.

I can scope out KP and see what I think.

I checked with a cousin that lives near the park. Her response follows:

"I know there have been homeless families there. I'm not aware of any problems. We hike through there frequently, and haven't had any negative encounters. There are more mountain bikers, dog walkers and trail maintenance people. I hope that's helpful!"

We are still on board for the SAG outing. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kai in Seattle 03-30-2017 07:43 AM

Try New Thread: Seattle Area Gathering 2017

Hi, Roger, We considered Kanaskat-Palmer. It's good of you to offer; but Paul and I have seen it. We camped there last summer. It's not bad.

But in the end we chose Dash Point for this particular SAG outing. We'll have a brainstorm session at the meet n greet moment and add your idea and see what we think on Sat. AM. We're making Saturday the "big day" in case there are those who just want to drive down for the day and not stay overnight. There is some overflow parking available, though it is $5 a day, I believe.

We've been through Dash Point three times, and saw only what looked like legitimate campers...the office staff across the main road seem involved and interested and "present." So I'm not sure about homeless people causing trouble.

Several people have reserved sites already.

Roger, I'm sorry you're not feeling up to snuff. Hope to see you if only on Saturday...if you do come, please be sure to introduce yourself!

I'm not feeling quite myself this year, either, so we're keeping planned events to a minimum. We'll still have something for the dogs, a "parade" and tricks session, if nothing else. Paul pointed out dog races would be darn hard to do while keeping them in X-pens or on leashes; I agree.

New thread: Seattle Area Gathering 2017.

Dave Fish--thanks for checking on that homeless issue for us--!

BEST
Kai

Roger C H 04-01-2017 11:14 AM

Kanasket-Palmer

We drove out there Thursday. It is a Tacoma Power park. It has a dump station. It has a lot of pull through sites. It wasn't full, but did have a lot of campers. I hate to admit it, but we have lived here 40 years and this is the first time we went to KP. It reminds me a lot of the old section in Taidnapam.

It is only 13 miles from our house. I am spoiled by Taidnapam, although that is 80 miles. But I feel if you are going to camp so close to home, you may as well stay in your yard.

We used to belong to Good Sam but got tired of all the required meetings, etc. but they always went to private parks which I think is better for groups. They have meeting rooms with kitchens and the ability to play games or do jigsaw puzzles. I tried to get one started a couple of years ago at Elma but we were the only ones to show up. One fellow who lived in the area did stop by. Of course this was the early part of November which with electric power/heat in our rigs is not a big thing I don't think. But apparently everyone else did. :eek:

Kai in Seattle 04-01-2017 02:23 PM

Since the 2017 SAG will be at Dash Point State Park, here are better directions for it. I'll post them again on the Seattle Area Gathering 2017 thread, and will start a new thread soon for updates.

For those with GPS units, there should be little problem. We don't have one and not only have we had some struggles finding this park, but a few years ago we completely "lost" it--this is our third trip there since we started the SAG idea, and I think we've got it.

FINDING DASH POINT STATE PARK 2017

1. Take I-5 south from Seattle

2. Exit 149 (Des Moines/Saltwater State Park/Sho Ware/Highline College/Kent-Des Moines/516 West) OR take the 272nd Street Exit from I-5. (directions from here are the same)

3. Take a RIGHT at the end/bottom of the exit.

4. Take a LEFT onto Highway 99

5. Go into the center or right (carpool) lane and stay in it. (The right turn arrows allow you to continue in the carpool lane)

6. At S. Dash Point Road, take a Right. This is also 509.

7. STAY on Dash Point Road/509 all the way to the park.

8. About a “block” past 312th there will be a right-angle, RIGHT turn to stay on Dash Point Road/509. It is marked, but easy to miss. You’ll pass a shopping area around 312th and a park will be on the left afterwards. The RIGHT turn is after the park.

9. This becomes a curvy road that winds down toward sea level.

10. There will be a “Dumas Bay Sanctuary” on the right; past that the road takes a sharp LEFT turn to stay on Dash Point Road/509.

11. Watch for the Dash Point State Park sign. The campground is to the left.

12. The overflow parking is on the left once you're in the park.

13. Trailer camping is on the RIGHT.

Site 37 is the FGRV SAG Host site...Site 39 is the weenie roast site, Site 49 has a trail to the amphitheater. Restroom is near the center and the central field is where we plan to have the dog events and the potluck supper.

Kai in Seattle 04-01-2017 02:43 PM

It was a wild day today out there on our way to Dash Point State Park and home again today, Saturday, April 1, and no fooling. We encountered multiple cop cars with at least one and probably two arrests actually occurring as we passed. Ambulances (3 times). Tow trucks (twice), and a 3-car wreck (once.) Must've been the misty, gray day or a bad moon risin' or something! Wow!

The park was full of campers, setting up BBQs and riding bikes...we got a good look at the sites that are literally open to the central field (very nice) and our host site 37 (filled today with a gigantic RV with toad) and Site 49 (another gigantic RV with toad)---site 49 has the little trail to the amphitheater, very handy.

they have moved several of the little cabins out of area B up to beyond the turnoff to the tent-only area...making a little cabin city up there, will be quite nice when done, it looks like. The park is under much care and work. It is an extremely popular park. I was surprised to see so many campers already...seemed too cold and wet to me to camp right now!

But it should be drier in September (knock wood) and hope to see you there. I hear all the pull-thru sites are taken now; only back-ins left.

Perhaps next year we'll consider another, larger place. But for 2017, hoping we have a good visit to Dash Point. Day people are very welcome if they want just a Daycation from Seattle--which is why we looked for a park so close in.

I want to point out that Denny Creek Campground up in the National Forest is an interesting place to go, too, with a lovely waterfall about 2 miles away--a hike-only destination. Be prepared to carry older dogs; they flag on the little rise before reaching the falls. But the amenities are different...the group site is "cozy" (close together) and only a few sites have electric and none have direct water or sewer.

Still...it can be quite nice.

BEST
Kai