Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   New (Fiberglass) kid on the block (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/new-fiberglass-kid-on-the-block-77318.html)

TWelch 11-01-2016 08:23 PM

New (Fiberglass) kid on the block

Saw an ad for this today: armadillo trailer manufacturing

They are modern, but pricey. A 13' costs $24,900 CAD, about $19,500 US.

Thought some of you might like to see it.

Tonie

Jon in AZ 11-02-2016 05:47 AM

If you do a Google site search on "Armadillo" you can pull up several previous threads. They are a low-volume, semi-custom manufacturer, hence the price. Very nicely finished with high quality, according to those who have seen one.

They're pursuing a similar niche market as Relic Trailers. Armadillo has a modern aesthetic while WA-based Relic is decidedly retro.

My chance of seeing either is pretty slim!

Donna D. 11-02-2016 06:56 AM

Armadillo Manufacturing is a commercial member here on FiberglassRV. Aren't we lucky when the owner/manufacturer of an all-molded-towables wants to be here with us! :dance

Fiberglass RV - View Profile: Armadillo mfg

TWelch 11-02-2016 08:36 AM

New -- to me --

Good reminder to check our resources here!

Tonie

ninklink 11-02-2016 12:00 PM

If someone can post a link to armadillo that would help my ignorance.

Donna D. 11-02-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninklink (Post 615743)
If someone can post a link to armadillo that would help my ignorance.

It was in the top post, but here it is again: armadillo trailer manufacturing

WaltP 11-02-2016 12:06 PM

It's cute and looks to be high quality. Lacks a lot of features I would want though.

Walt

Joanne1967 11-02-2016 02:59 PM

I LOVE that undercarriage storage drawer behind the bumper! I actually emailed these guys a month ago, I was wondering if they had any plans to expand into the US. Here is part of the response I received:

We will be working with at a national US RV Dealership chain in 2017, but we’re still going through various lengthy, incredibly time-consuming certification processes. Currently we only sell factory-direct and through dealerships in Canada.

Having said that, we already have US customers, but at this time they are required to bring the trailers into the US directly then register with their state DMV.

So I guess I've got a bit of a wait to get my hands on one, unless I want to make a road trip :D

Donna D. 11-02-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanne1967 (Post 615755)

So I guess I've got a bit of a wait to get my hands on one, unless I want to make a road trip :D

Plenty of Escape trailer owners have gone on road trips to pickup their trailers in Chilliwack, BC. :dance The difference between Armadillo and Escape is that Escape imports the trailer into the US at the Sumas, WA border, then hands off the trailer to the buyer. Easy peasy!

Road trip! :thumb