Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Marker and tailight lenses (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/marker-and-tailight-lenses-78380.html)

LyleB 02-03-2017 08:37 PM

Marker and tailight lenses

Hey all,
On my way to Sebring, and have lost two of the lenses off my '99 Scamp, one tailight and one amber marker. I'm fairly close to a Camping World, is it worth a detour to see if they have them? Are these fairly common, or difficult to find?

Kinda cheesy that they just snap on, with nothing actually securing them.

Eddie Longest 02-03-2017 09:12 PM

The rectangular taillights on the 95 and above Scamps are pretty common and can be found most anywhere. The 1.5x4 Bargman #99 running lights are a little harder to find. There is a CW in Bartow Fl. about 40 miles away. There is a RV parts store in Sebring and a RV repair shop in Avon Park. Tractor Supply may have the tail light assy. which there is one in Sebring.
Eddie
The taillights are Bargman #92 lights. Back up lens? Licence plate lens?

Borrego Dave 02-04-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyleB (Post 625936)
Hey all,
On my way to Sebring, and have lost two of the lenses off my '99 Scamp, one tailight and one amber marker. I'm fairly close to a Camping World, is it worth a detour to see if they have them? Are these fairly common, or difficult to find?

Kinda cheesy that they just snap on, with nothing actually securing them.

I had a cover that didn't want to lock down tight. I put a couple dabs of silicone on the upper corners and pushed it on, wiped off the excess. It never did fall off but came off pretty easy for a bulb change. Quick fix for no cover.....some red nail polish on the bulb.

LyleB 02-04-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Longest (Post 625940)
The rectangular taillights on the 95 and above Scamps are pretty common and can be found most anywhere. The 1.5x4 Bargman #99 running lights are a little harder to find. There is a CW in Bartow Fl. about 40 miles away. There is a RV parts store in Sebring and a RV repair shop in Avon Park. Tractor Supply may have the tail light assy. which there is one in Sebring.
Eddie
The taillights are Bargman #92 lights. Back up lens? Licence plate lens?

Eddie,
I found all I needed at Midstate RV in Macon.

Thanks, Lyle

Eddie Longest 02-04-2017 09:46 AM

Good deal.
Eddie

LyleB 02-04-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borrego Dave (Post 625948)
I had a cover that didn't want to lock down tight. I put a couple dabs of silicone on the upper corners and pushed it on, wiped off the excess. It never did fall off but came off pretty easy for a bulb change. Quick fix for no cover.....some red nail polish on the bulb.

Thanks for the tip, Dave. The RV place gave me a gun with silicone to use, a I followed your advice. Seem to be on pretty good now.