Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   VA | 2017, end of October: FALL MINI RALLY (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f57/2017-end-of-october-fall-mini-rally-82186.html)

WaltP 09-21-2017 06:07 PM

2017, end of October: FALL MINI RALLY

I've received several requests to continue our FALL MINI RALLY at Hungry Mother State Park.
Our usual time is the first weekend in November but that has been preempted by the Viginia Association For Parks, another major commitment of mine.
If enough folks would like to come the last weekend in October I'll promise to again provide my Dutch Oven Cowboy Stew and SUMI salad. Please let me know so I can plan accordingly.
As always there will be no RALLY fee. If it looks like a go I'll look into the possibility of some formal recognition by the VA State Parks.
More details later. I'm on an extended camping trip right now.

Jon Vermilye 09-21-2017 07:53 PM

I enjoyed the last Fall Mini Rally, however I'm well west of the park (currently in Oregon) on a trip to pick up a new Escape 21, and won't be back east until May.

WaltP 09-21-2017 08:55 PM

Jon
Thanks for the update. I'm just on my way back from Chiliwack now with my new Escape 17
I look forward to seeing your 21 another time.

Jeweltea 09-23-2017 07:05 AM

We are interested...please send more details.

Doris and Steve

bsedwebt 09-24-2017 06:41 PM

Just got back from Hungry Mother Creekside campground site 12 today - LOVELY area - please keep me informed - I may be able to come in late on a Friday night and leave on a Sunday morning

bsedwebt 10-09-2017 06:15 PM

Walt - we were just at the OBX rally - We talked with several people using the last weekend of October as the dates for this gathering and several people were very interested in coming. Any updates for us - What site will you be on in which campground area? Keep us posted! I can make it late Friday

WaltP 10-09-2017 10:09 PM

Only Camp Burson at the entrance tom the park will be open that late with few other campers. With luck there may still be some good Fall colors.
We usually don't reserve sites and just camp close to each other. That'll be obvious as you enter.
And we always choose the sites to the right of the store building at the entrance because those have full hookups.
The visitor center is 1 mile further into the park and will be open to register and pay.

Walt

bsedwebt 10-10-2017 06:04 AM

Thanks a bunch - I reserved a site and paid for it on line for a e/w site $30/night regular price since I will be arriving late on Friday after the office closes and this WILL be peak leaf season so I was afraid of losing a site that late at night on the weekend. Several people at the OBX rally were VERY interested in coming to this one....

WaltP 10-10-2017 06:07 AM

Thanks Bryan. I wish those folks from OBX would sign in here so I'd have an idea of attendance, but all are welcome.

Walt

Jeweltea 10-11-2017 08:47 AM

We made our reservation today for Camp Burson (full hook up). We will arrive on Wednesday the 25th...one day early. They said we will pick out the site when we get there.

Lindatroxell 10-15-2017 04:11 PM

Hungry Mother Rally

We plan to attend with our 2014 Casita (Joye)!

Thank you for sponsoring this event. Linda & Larry Troxell

WaltP 10-16-2017 06:57 AM

Looks like this is coming together well. Now all we need is some cooperation from the weather gods. We should still have some Fall colors at that time although all indications are they'll be a bit muted this year.
I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Walt

George Lauver 10-17-2017 09:14 AM

Walt, Rhonda & I as well as Greg & Jane Evans are planning on attending probably arriving Wednesday the 25th.

WaltP 10-17-2017 10:05 AM

George. That's wonderful. Looks like we'll have a good size group.
I look forward to seeing you there.

Walt