Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Modifications, Alterations and Updates (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Poll: Would You Rather have Twin Beds or a Queen? (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/poll-would-you-rather-have-twin-beds-or-a-queen-87830.html)

JimKE 01-05-2019 02:17 PM

Poll: Would You Rather have Twin Beds or a Queen?

Curious as to what owners would prefer having in a 25' Bigfoot?

Thanks

steve dunham 01-05-2019 02:29 PM

Queen Bed !

Borrego Dave 01-05-2019 03:43 PM

Twins....in any TT.

Carol and Mike 01-05-2019 07:11 PM

Queen if it is easy to get in/out of. Otherwise twin. We have twin beds in our Oliver. Easy to get in/out of, easy access to back overheads and don’t have to convert a table area to a bed.

David B. 01-05-2019 08:00 PM

Queen. :rolleyes:
Dave & Paula

Raspy 01-05-2019 08:40 PM

I wanted an Oliver with the queen/king bed, but found one with the twins. At first I hesitated, but then went ahead. Turns out, for us, twins are much better. The twin setup comes with a dresser and drawer, and much more floor space because of the space between the beds. When getting up we never have to crawl over the other one and can sleep with head forward or toward the rear with equal ease of getting in and out of bed. And with a small folding table, you still have a, sort of, dinette or dinner and game area. It's also possible to put plywood across the trailer and turn twins into a queen, if it ever seemed like a good idea. When traveling, the beds are often used at different times. We keep somewhat different late night hours and we end up reading/watching movies, cooking, studying, or napping at different times. The twins accommodate all of this very well. The downside is, of course, you can't just sprawl out and sleep crosswise if you want to.

CindyL 01-06-2019 05:38 AM

Twins which is what we have in our Bigfoot Silver Cloud.

CindyL

Russ Foster 01-06-2019 08:19 AM

Does the twin set up afford more storage...above and below the beds vs. the queen arrangement?

From what I can see, the twin allows one to access an "exterior" compartment underneath the twin on the "passenger" side of the trailer, but is it the same on the "drivers" side?

At least the queen in the 25 ft. affords one the ability to walk around the bed without disturbing the one beside you.

Terry G 01-06-2019 09:59 AM

Definitely a queen. Cold mountain nights are custom made for snuggling. B)

dleverton 01-06-2019 10:13 AM

Queen

Jim Bennett 01-06-2019 10:24 AM

I like the concept of the queen bed and all the merits of sharing with the significant other give. What I like about the twin beds in the Bigfoot is the length of the bed and the additional upper storage this layout affords.

NW Cat Owner 01-06-2019 01:31 PM

Definitely a queen or even a full. I don't like twin beds. I have to sleep in one when I visit a friend and there isn't enough room for me to lay on my side without my hands hanging over the side of the bed. Mashing my hands up against my body isn't comfortable after a short while and hanging them over the edge of the bed isn't comfortable either. But, with a full or queen, there's plenty of arm/hand flopping around room. :D

thrifty bill 01-06-2019 06:00 PM

Depends on the trailer. On our Casita Liberty, the twins were 23 inches wide (a standard twin is 39 inches). If the twins are close to standard size, they would be my choice. It they are twins in name only, I'd go with the queen.

Jim Bennett 01-06-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrifty bill (Post 728984)
Depends on the trailer. On our Casita Liberty, the twins were 23 inches wide (a standard twin is 39 inches). If the twins are close to standard size, they would be my choice. It they are twins in name only, I'd go with the queen.

In the 25RT they are 36x80, a decent size for a twin.