Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Modifications, Alterations and Updates (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Windows bug screen (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/windows-bug-screen-89474.html)

Darlan 06-22-2019 11:41 AM

Windows bug screen

4 Attachment(s)
The door of my Boler has one of those old windows with 4 glass "blinds", the aluminum frame has inside a groove that I'd like to use to install a mosquito mesh or similar, maybe with that tension section that stove exhaust fan mesh has. My other windows are new and have a mesh already.

Has anyone already installed something similar, and what you use?

Attachment 129974

Attachment 129975

Attachment 129976

Attachment 129977

thrifty bill 06-22-2019 11:43 AM

Thats called a jalousie window and typically they came with screens. Suggest you contact a local screen/window company and get one made. Or if you are handy, you can buy the pieces and make your own.

Darlan 06-22-2019 09:29 PM

Thanks Bill,

I'll try to see if here in Edmonton, there is a store that could carry them and its parts, but a quick search wasn't very promising.

I'll ask in HD or Lowes if they have something that could be of use, it's one of the things I could do in the Boler that will be fairly easy.
thanks

thrifty bill 06-23-2019 08:17 AM

I'd start with these guys.

Realize a screen doesn't know its on a Trillium or a residential home. Back in the day when we bought a new house, screen companies would canvas the entire subdivision, offering to make screens for every window, at a reasonable price. Buying the supplies and doing it yourself is tedious work. I've done it on repairs, replaced the screen material that was torn on a couple of windows.

No experience with this company, they seem to have great reviews. Myself, generally when deciding which company to do a job, I want one that specializes. So a screen company tops a window company. Someone who builds screens every day will have the tools and supplies to knock out whatever I need in an efficient fashion.

Its not about someone carrying a screen already made, its about taking a few measurements and making the screens for you. Let THEM take the measurements!

Edmonton Retractable Screens - Screen Savers Plus of Edmonton

global2edg 06-23-2019 09:25 AM

Fine mesh

I replaced all the screens in my Casita with a fine mesh screen. Called no-see-um or gnat screens. If you're going to the trouble of switching or upgrading your screens, the fine mesh is only pennies more. Available at all hardware and box stores.

jim60 06-23-2019 10:23 AM

some polyester bug screen and a roll of duct tape will fix that right up - LOL.

Darlan 06-23-2019 07:38 PM

thanks all,

Bill, it make sense to look for a screen place instead of windows store, I've been wanting to add a screen to the front door, probably I give them a call :p