Davie B's Trailer :: The Tardis
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

The Tardis

Registry
Trailer Name The Tardis
Year 1996
Make Lite House
Model For Two
Photo taken on the day that the Deepwater Horizon systems failed.
History I believe I'm the 3rd owner. I don't know much about the first or second owners. I know that one of them was a fire fighter and that he/she added a water pump to the sink. Other than that, it was pretty close to OEM when we bought it. I've done a few repairs and added a little to the electrical system.
Interior
Converted 12V interior lights to LED. Added 120 V LED lights. Gutted and modernized the converter. Replaced the power cable with a male plug (closes off one entry hole for bugs) Added a digital volt meter to the electrical system. Built insulated curtains (same foil covered bubble wrap as the trailer insulation).

Added additional 120v outlets -all with USB ports.

Removed and replaced the subfloor and vinyl. Replaced the marker lights with LED’s.

Removed the ice box and installed an air conditioner in it’s place.

Installed three solar panels on the roof. Removed the gas bottle and relocated the battery to the tongue.

Left to do: recover (or replace) the cushions, new curtains, paint the lower 1/3 of the trailer in a contrasting color, replace some of the wall covering.

Exterior
Removed the small LP tank and moved the deep cycle battery to the tongue. Added 12 V. outlet to tongue battery box for small AC inverter. Converted porch light to LED.

I’d like to install a WiFi antenna/amplifier to improve service in campgrounds

Customization
I bring an iPad and battery powered speakers, but mostly I play my concertina when feeling the need for entertainment.

Renovations
Replaced the water faucet. Reinstalled the fan. Added a cover to the sink. Added a volt meter. Replaced the sink trap. Replaced the solar panel.

Other Information
Torsion bar axel.

Tow Vehicle
8" Wheels and tires. There is a little extra space in the wheel wells. I'm thinking of going to a larger tire and, if necessary, dropping the axel with some sort of spacer. We pull the LiteHouse with a 2011 Tacoma 2.7 4 cyl.
Views: 7658