DannyH's Trailer :: Siesta
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Siesta

Registry
Trailer Name Siesta
Year 1976
Make Scamp
Model 13
Length 13'
History I picked it up in 2009 and have been working on it since. Hope to be done in the spring of 2011.

When I got picked it up it had the standard front couch and rear dinet. I tore everything out and put in a two person dinet in the front. To get to the seat next to the kitchen, I installed a hinged table top.
Interior
I increased the width of the bed by 11", from 47" to 58". We wanted more room, which is the main reason for doing the whole modification. This took 11" out of the kitchen and closet, but I was still able to get a sink, stove and refrigerator in the space. I built a cutting board for over the stove to get use some addtional counter space, and the dinning room table is right there also. In extending the bed 11", I had a nice area to put a pantry at the floor level. This keeps the heavy canned good down low and over the axle.

Exterior
I painted the exterior myself with Pettit gloss white and red for the stripe. I retored the Jaloused windows in the sides and door. The exterior and interior lights are all LEDs now.

Customization
The only thing I saved from the original was the shell and frame. I replaced the axil and installed brakes. Built the interior completely from scratch. Put in upper cabinetts all around. One shot shows how our clothes are in plastic starage under the bed. The red and white fabric is the awning pole bag. The closet next to the door was changed to have a fire extinguisher, a propane/CO detector, an AC/DC power panel, a Propane heater that's vented to the outside, battery and solar monitor, 3 light switches, a light and two storage area's. In the front, under the table area, I have storage for the outside awning and a hammer. Under the seat I have storage for the porta potti and the screen door.

Renovations
Next to the door area I have a tall closet for jackets. I have about 14" clearance for my feet when I have the bed mattress on. The curtain rods are made of 1/8" X 1/2" aluminum, bent to shape.

Other Information
This is a shot with the bed installed and curtains cloesed. One the upper cabinett over the table, I have a double light switch, 2 AC sockets and 1 DC socket.

Tow Vehicle
2005 Hyundia Tucson. This is what it looked like when I originally brought it home, before restoration.
Views: 14465