Larry Tenhage's Trailer :: Cheap Trill
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Cheap Trill

Registry
Trailer Name Cheap Trill
Year 1974
Make Trillium
Model 1300
Length 13'
Packages It has most of the options available. No furnace
History We bought it from the original owner in 1999. Paid $1200. My father-in-law nearly snatched it from under our noses. We had told him we were going to look at a trailer nearby, told him what street it was on. Found out from the seller that he had almost sold it to someone else - described the father-in-law to a T. He later admitted it.

Here is a link to a Youtube video I made. ( with my 12 year old daughter's help.) lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khtFKLlLz8w

Just copy & paste the link into your brouser bar
Interior
Not much new inside. We tried to keep it mostly original, since we changed the outside so much. So we still have the original flowery fabric on the cushions! And the lime green panels.
The curtains are newer, and we added a propane heater.

Exterior
Here's where most of the changes occurred. I'm a painter by trade. My wife complains that I paint anything I get. Not quite, but close....
I first painted it in June '00. I then re-painted it in April '10

Customization
The only thing I have done recently is to add customized Trillium mudflaps & an access door, door side, down low. I painted the access door to match the camper.

It hurt to cut the hole for the door! wrecking my baby!

I also put in a Heater. It's a Catalytic Safety heater, & was nearly $400 new ( I got it used ) Quite small - about 3" thick & 12" H, 10" W

Renovations
The marker lights were replaced in June, 2000. New hubcaps. New tail lights 5 years ago. New Spare tire cover (with Trillium on it) in 2010. New rubber floor inside.

Other Information
Our previous camper, a '72 13' Boler. We like the Trillium more, even if it's not as cute as the Boler (which we wish we had kept!)

Here's a picture of the medalion on the inside of the closet door in our Trillium.

Tow Vehicle
We have a '14 Toyota Rav4 as our tow vehicle.

Picture is with our 5 year old daughter. Early Feb '14. Lots of snow!
Views: 7070