'76 Scamp 13'

Registry
Trailer Name '76 Scamp 13'
Year 1976
Make Scamp
Model unk
Length 13'
Packages stove, 3-way fridge, sink
History I bought the trailer in Phoenix, AZ in July of 2010 when it was 116 degrees there. The seller had received it in partial payment for a classic car. The door sagged and the latch didn't work, the window latches weren't present, windows leaked, rivets were loose and leaky, gas tank poorly mounted, spare tire mount broken, axle bearings were dry, cabinet doors disintegrating, and so on.
I've fixed or replaced most of that. The fact that this was a desert trailer saved it from being a big pile of mold.
Interior
I replaced the falling apart table with oak faced plywood with oak trim. Looks nice. I'm researching lightweight cabinet doors. I need to replace the yellowed trim tape.

Exterior
The day I picked it up outside of Phoenix It was a warmish day
General clean up, scraped off faded decals. Ordered new ones from Scamp but they were WAY too large so I had some made. So it has new decals all around. All in all the body is in pretty good shape.

Customization
I added a nice basement with pool table, ping pong, wet bar, and a huge flat screen TV. There's a passage to the indoor-outdoor pool also.

Renovations
As above plus I had new link levers made for the swing-out windows. The ones from Vintage Trailer Supply were to short and had the wrong attachment part. I'm modifying the door to fit the curve of the trailer. My first idea worked fairly well but I may have a better idea now.

Tow Vehicle
2009 Subaru Outback 4 cyl. We'll get a 6 cyl. or other vehicle at some point, although the 4 cyl does just fine. It did struggle some pulling it up mountains in 110 degree heat but overall it was fine.
Views: 3612

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.