Dawnette's Trailer :: Bubbles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Bubbles

Registry
Trailer Name Bubbles
Year 1971
Make Hunter
Model Compact II
Length 13'
On the road, heading up to camp for the first time!!!
History This is a trailer that my grandmother and grandfather purchased new in 1974 in Idaho. From what I can tell, they used this camper to do most of their traveling. My grandfather passed away in 1992 and I think it sat safely winterized since then. Recently my grandmother moved out to Colorado to be close to family and was soooo very kind to pass this little fiberglass treasure down to me!
Interior
When we first got our Bubbles! After a little paint and grunt work! Toilet....
In general the interior was in decent shape. Over the years it did its fair share of bug collecting and foam rotting, but over all this little camper was just a few short weeks from hitting the road again.

Exterior
All the way from Nampa to Loveland (with short stay in Rifle) Thought we might need to replace the pop-up.... But we didn't!!! Just new screens and plastic for the windows!
The exterior is a baby blue and white, in good shape, nothing that a little elbow grease can’t take care of!

Customization
A/C baby!!! Thanks grandpa!!
The only customization done to our little Bubbles occurred long before we gained possession. My grandfather was always a "do it yourself" kinda guy and he did just that when he installed an air conditioner! This is no typical RV AC this is a full blown window style house unit! You can turn that sucker on and in 5 min you will feel like you’re in Alaska in the middle of December!

Renovations
Another before pic After we moved in!!! After...
After the initial clean up, we painted, made new curtains, made new cushion covers (with new foam of course) installed a new floor, replaced handles and hinges, replaced screens in windows, replaced screens and clear plastic in pop up section. We are still looking for new light fixtures and hubcaps/wheels that help to keep the modern yet retro feel! I am also wanting to get the outside repainted, original colors of course!

Other Information
The cushions and curtains custom made :)
So, we named our camper Bubbles. We recently came across a VERY funny show called Trailer Park Boys. Ever heard of it? Well, we hadn’t until it came across our instant stream on Netflix. It takes a special sense of humor but if you have it you’ll love it! Basically our awesome little RV reminds me of the sweet sheds that the character Bubbles inhabits, plus the RV colors (blue & white) scream out Bubbles! Our little Bubbles has all the amenities we need all wrapped up in 13 feet of pure luxury!

Tow Vehicle
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Views: 4066